BBsGarage
BBsGarage Reader
8/15/08 8:59 a.m.

Gifted or ??

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080815/UPDATES01/80815003

PRINCETON, N.J. (AP) -- A gifted 15-year-old student from India had to be rushed to the hospital after drinking liquid nitrogen during a science class at Princeton University.

The class was part of a program run by the Connecticut-based Summer Institute for the Gifted. It isn't affiliated with the university.

The students were performing a popular experiment in which liquid nitrogen is used to make ice cream.

Nitrogen liquefies at negative 328 degrees Fahrenheit -- cold enough to cause burns.

The Summer Institute says the boy was in critical condition and has been upgraded to stable.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/15/08 9:19 a.m.

I can't even think of an insult for this ass munch.

Duke
Duke Dork
8/15/08 9:46 a.m.

Like many gifted people - my kid included:

Intellect the size of a planet, common sense the size of a pea.

Nitroracer
Nitroracer Dork
8/15/08 9:57 a.m.

I guess it was hot there and he really wanted a cold drink.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt HalfDork
8/15/08 10:17 a.m.

The trick is that you're supposed to blow out when you pour the liquid nitrogen in your mouth. Kinda like the opposite of fire eating.

DrBoost
DrBoost Reader
8/15/08 10:21 a.m.
Duke wrote: Like many gifted people - my kid included: Intellect the size of a planet, common sense the size of a pea.

Never heard it stated better!

stumpmj
stumpmj HalfDork
8/15/08 11:16 a.m.

Reminds me of the 'School for the Gifted' Farside

oldschoolimport
oldschoolimport New Reader
8/15/08 11:49 a.m.
stumpmj wrote: Reminds me of the 'School for the Gifted' Farside

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

vladha
vladha New Reader
8/15/08 4:03 p.m.
Duke wrote: Like many gifted people - my kid included: Intellect the size of a planet, common sense the size of a pea.

Bingo... mine, too. That, and he likes to think that because he's soooo dang smart in some areas, that he's an authority on all others... he's only 9. His younger brother and sister(twins) have tested out even smarter than him... I just know that I'm going to lose the rest of my hair(or, it'll just slide down my back to where the rest of it has gone).

Busy raising the next generation of nerds, Mark

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kxeaIP9DMMBdaZhxrUBHlMQPOpvAeNL2Z9izIlXIzoE813QWXNTtqeaaLHNQ5fIR