1 2 3 4 5 6
aw614
aw614 Reader
3/30/20 2:28 p.m.

I haven't seen it yet, being from Tampa and looking on Facebook a lot of friends have posted memes about Carole and the Nebraska ave thing . If you know, you know lol

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/30/20 2:32 p.m.
John Welsh said:

I have a question for those that watched...

This husband of Carole who "disappeared"; it was said he was worth millions. What line of business was he in?

Article I found has this in it: 

In regards to her late husband Don Lewis’s wealth, Baskin asserts that his pockets were not nearly as deep when she first met him as they were portrayed to be in the docuseries. But once married, Baskin explains, they got into the business of ” buying defaulted loans from banks and going to tax deed sales,” which they built into a portfolio valued at approximately $5 million by the time Lewis disappeared.

I'm not quite sold that she killed him. Based on what has been presented, I have one qualm that is holding me back from accepting that: He REALLY seemed like a guy who might disappear to Costa Rica on purpose, and he probably had enough money to make it happen without a trace. If not for that fact, 100% I'd agree with the "she killed him" (or had him killed) line of thinking. I still think that it is the most likely result, but I'm maybe 70% convinced. Only 4 episodes in, so maybe my opinion changes.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/30/20 2:37 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Interesting.  At one point in the show I think they said he was shipping cars to Costa Rica  but this was just a sentence and not explained 

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
3/30/20 2:51 p.m.

When the most normal person you have in the show is an "ex" drug dealer who brushes off the murder of a federal agent on his property, you've got a winner.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/30/20 3:08 p.m.
N Sperlo said:

When the most normal person you have in the show is an "ex" drug dealer who brushes off the murder of a federal agent on his property, you've got a winner.

I still have 3 episodes left, but so far I'm going with the film producer as the most normal person. 

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/30/20 3:08 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Yeah, I told The Dancer when we finished watching the show that I wanted another episode or two about the making of the show- just how they had gotten started on it and when (since they had obviously been filming before all the legal stuff went down) and how it had evolved over the course of filming and all of the shirt that happened. We were a bit shocked when they got to the part about the studio fire destroying all of the reality show footage yet it seemed like they had to have been using footage shot for it...

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/30/20 3:13 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

I have been reading rumors of a Season 2, but no idea if that's real or not.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/30/20 3:24 p.m.

This is easily the most insane thing I have ever seen, in a good way. The documentarians do a great job of pacing and feeding you little bits of crazy throughout the series.

I wouldn't call it reality TV at all, it really is a documentary. It's a fascinating look at a subset of people I didn't really know existed. Carol's gonna have a bad time now that internet has turned on her. Check the septic tank!

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
3/30/20 3:33 p.m.
z31maniac said:

It took like 4 years or so to put together the original series....  A season 2 would be more reality TV than documentary.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/30/20 3:39 p.m.
mtn said:
N Sperlo said:

I still have 3 episodes left, but so far I'm going with the film producer as the most normal person. 

Least insane are the guy with no legs, the girl with no arm, and the drug dealer. Reality man is berkeleying scary. talks like buffalo bill and all. 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/30/20 3:44 p.m.
Mndsm said:
mtn said:
N Sperlo said:

Least insane are the guy with no legs, the girl with no arm, and the drug dealer. Reality man is berkeleying scary. talks like buffalo bill and all. 

"berkeleying scary" was not the question - in which case, I'm pretty sure the one that “I did not use the circular saw on his neck” moves him into the status of way scarier than baffalo bill.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/30/20 4:05 p.m.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/30/20 5:00 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:
z31maniac said:

It took like 4 years or so to put together the original series....  A season 2 would be more reality TV than documentary.

5+ years of filming....................I'm sure they have plenty of footage already to cut/edit together to tell different aspects of the story.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/30/20 6:47 p.m.
Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Reader
3/30/20 7:17 p.m.
mtn said:
N Sperlo said:

He could win a Freddy Krueger look alike contest with just a sweater. 

TJL
TJL HalfDork
3/30/20 8:42 p.m.

My wife binge watched it today. From what i saw of it, everyone involved is a terrible person. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/31/20 11:12 a.m.
TJL said:

My wife binge watched it today. From what i saw of it, everyone involved is a terrible person. 

Yup, that is Earth.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/31/20 11:13 a.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to mtn :

Interesting.  At one point in the show I think they said he was shipping cars to Costa Rica  but this was just a sentence and not explained 

They were talking about, he was getting ready to move to CR for good. Thus he was shipping cars, shipping. his multiple airplanes,a nd was getting ready to ship his animals. Not to mention the Costa Rican Mamasitas he had there....

FuzzWuzzy
FuzzWuzzy HalfDork
3/31/20 11:20 a.m.

With how heartless Carol seemed the entire time, she definitely killed him.

The PD also seemed to not really care either.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
3/31/20 11:27 a.m.
FuzzWuzzy said:

With how heartless Carol seemed the entire time, she definitely killed him.

The PD also seemed to not really care either.

Cuz her brother is a Sheriff, and changed the trajectory of the investigation....system is corrupt

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/31/20 11:54 a.m.

Sheriff in whatever county Carol is in is reopening the case because of tiger king. We may find the body yet! 

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
3/31/20 12:06 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Maybe not. 

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
3/31/20 12:06 p.m.
Mndsm said:

Sheriff in whatever county Carol is in is reopening the case because of tiger king. We may find the body yet! 

We all know it's for the good publicity. Not a damn thing is gonna happen with it. I'd put money on him being a drug dealer before he was offed anyway. Making millions from "the scrap business"?

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
3/31/20 12:15 p.m.

Perhaps there is somewhere were people who have exotic animals do not have a sketchy past and consistently break the laws, again that probably wouldn't make a good netflix show.

Spoiler Alert:

How isn't Jeff, Allen Glover, Tim Stark, and James Garretson not in jail? Not just what was on netflix, we all knew they have a long list of illegal activity.

I think there is more to the story of Rick Kirkham, obviously struggled(s) with addiction and there was no short of illegal drugs going on. I don't understand who took over the documentary after he left? Netflix? I do agree that Rick was right that all of this went to Joe's head and had nothing to do with his original intent. Rick was there to make money and was surprised he was tricked by a scumbag...

Doc Bhagavan Antle is one of the untouchables because he is as smart, if not smarter then Carol and just as evil.

I haven't done any research but I was surprised that Joe went to prison, based on what netflix presented. I am not saying that he isn't a scumbag and what was on netflix was just the tip of the iceberg. When high profile people typically get away with murder, usually associated with the lack of credible people speak against him. If he had Joe Baez, joe will still be walking the streets. I guess he was just meant to be a example for animal cruelty.

If you ignore the fact that Carol's 2nd husband went missing, she was just another side show, except she was much smarter than Joe. Even if Carol didn't choose to agitate him, perhaps Joe would be less crazy and died of a drug overdose instead of someday in prison. 

Joshua Dial the only reasonable person, saying that Joe and Carol didn't care about the big cats, just stroking their egos. 

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
3/31/20 1:15 p.m.

4 episodes in. They're all nuts, but Baskin is certifiable. 

Joe killed his husbands alligators. Carol killed her husband. 

Psychos. I'll watch the rest tonight. 

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uetAjcu3EOaB3jX3wrWYvFij5Gi9LIYOnRV8v3tMduEbDxzZPS6hqRAMPj6N0gC1