1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 ... 213
CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/22/20 3:22 p.m.
NickD said:

TIL that there is a tarantula migration in Colorado that occurs yearly. No. berkeleying. Thank you.

The come out this time of year in CA too. We've been going up to the hills to look for them in the evenings.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
9/22/20 4:01 p.m.
CAinCA said:
NickD said:

TIL that there is a tarantula migration in Colorado that occurs yearly. No. berkeleying. Thank you.

The come out this time of year in CA too. We've been going up to the hills to look for them in the evenings.

Why would you go look for them, you mad lad?!

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
9/22/20 4:17 p.m.

I'm generally ok with spiders. But a TARANTULA MIGRATION?!  I picture myself sitting on the tailgate of a CJ7 with a bottle of bourbon and a 410 shotgun, making an evening out of it. Little Graham Parsons on the radio. Just make sure your tent zips ALL the way up. 

I'm also pretty sure that's how the revenge-of-the-giant-spiders movie would start. 

wae
wae UltraDork
9/22/20 4:20 p.m.

I like hearing about things like this spider migration.  Helps me to add to the list of places I absolutely never ever want to be in!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/22/20 4:23 p.m.
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) said:

I'm generally ok with spiders. But a TARANTULA MIGRATION?!  I picture myself sitting on the tailgate of a CJ7 with a bottle of bourbon and a 410 shotgun, making an evening out of it. Little Graham Parsons on the radio. Just make sure your tent zips ALL the way up. 

I'm also pretty sure that's how the revenge-of-the-giant-spiders movie would start. 

One of the earliest things I have heard about having a pet tarantula is to not let them fall, or they kind of break open and die.  That seems awfully fragile.

Maybe pet tarantulas get unnaturally large?  Or maybe accidental Humpty Dumpty-osis is not really a problem for a species that has hundreds of young at a time?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/22/20 4:26 p.m.
wae said:

I like hearing about things like this spider migration.  Helps me to add to the list of places I absolutely never ever want to be in!

I still giggle about the Woolybear incident at Dwire's.

Working a corner:

"WTF is that???"

"Oh, that's a woolybear".  (it was a BIG one, too)

"Are they poisonous?"

"... Yes"

9/22/20 4:55 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I never meant to imply the shotgun was necessary 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
9/24/20 8:28 p.m.

TIL about Mudfossil University. Holy E36 M3, I lost brain cells watching that dude's videos.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/20 2:36 p.m.

TIL the secret to how humans interact.  Humans have a tendency to assume the person they are talking to is of slightly lower intelligence than they are.  That's why smart people can't understand why not smart people can't follow their train of thought.  It's also why dumbasses always talk to you like you're an even bigger dumbass.

wae
wae UltraDork
10/9/20 2:08 p.m.

TIL: I didn't break the door handle linkage in the back door of the truck.  I just accidentally flipped the child lock switch.  Derp.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/9/20 2:30 p.m.

TIL half the board are complete Nancys when it comes to (big) spiders. 

wae
wae UltraDork
10/9/20 2:40 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I'll have you know I am not a Nancy when it comes to big spiders!

I'm a Nancy when it comes to ANY spider!

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/9/20 3:08 p.m.

In reply to wae :

Wuss.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/9/20 3:37 p.m.

Yeah, spiders don't bug me.

Spider webs I don't much like - eaten too many of them.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/9/20 3:39 p.m.
wae said:
Appleseed said:

TRUTH for me as well 

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/9/20 6:46 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) said:
wae said:
Appleseed said:

TRUTH for me as well 

Same

Nitroracer (Forum Supporter)
Nitroracer (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/9/20 8:05 p.m.

TIL That my Android camera is now smart enough to be a QR Code reader on its own without needing another app.  Thanks waitress from the dive bar with online menus.

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/9/20 8:17 p.m.

Tarantulas don't bother me that much. Tarantula Hawks OTOH... Fortunately they are pretty mellow, at least if you don't look like a tarantula.

TIL about YouTube's "don't recommend this channel" feature. This may or may not have happened in tandem with getting more recommendations for Scotty Kilmer's channel. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
10/9/20 8:19 p.m.

That being in sales you never get a vacation day.  This is why I cherish National holidays.  

10/9/20 8:32 p.m.

A spider doesn't bother me at all. I like 'em. A massive spider migration starts to bother me. 

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/9/20 8:59 p.m.
CAinCA said:
NickD said:

Take more pictures!

I need to add this to my bucket list.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/14/20 11:49 a.m.

TIL that if you adapt an Eaton M90 to a GM 4.8L LS, you will actually make less horsepower.  So, for those of you who see cheapo LS motors and cheapo blowers and want to marry the two, don't.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/14/20 12:03 p.m.
NickD said:

TIL that if you adapt an Eaton M90 to a GM 4.8L LS, you will actually make less horsepower.  So, for those of you who see cheapo LS motors and cheapo blowers and want to marry the two, don't.

Kinda obvious since they aren't really sized for a V8, even a relatively small one.

Now if it were fitted to that Camaro V6?  That might be interesting, if it could handle the RPMs.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/14/20 12:07 p.m.

TIL a longtime co-worker lost his father on Monday.  He lost his job last week.  Due to the pandemic he hasn't been able to visit his Dad at the home where he was living as he needed extra care for his Parkinsons.

Before he lost his job, he was having to clean out his parent's house as his Mom passed a few months back and she had a bit of a hoarding problem (likely triggered by her husband's illness, etc.)

2020 can suck it.

New York Nick
New York Nick GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/14/20 12:26 p.m.

In reply to Stefan (Forum Supporter) :

that sucks, my thoughts and prayers with your co-worker.

1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 ... 213

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2lqSn9kZWS7TvwmSIDM6N5tKlLDKf56eeik1j42Q9J7Z6hzMBdGisJxulw4eiguZ