1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 213
NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/14/20 12:54 p.m.
Stefan (Forum Supporter) said:
NickD said:

TIL that if you adapt an Eaton M90 to a GM 4.8L LS, you will actually make less horsepower.  So, for those of you who see cheapo LS motors and cheapo blowers and want to marry the two, don't.

Kinda obvious since they aren't really sized for a V8, even a relatively small one.

Now if it were fitted to that Camaro V6?  That might be interesting, if it could handle the RPMs.

It was a test by Richard Holdener, who does a lot of "I do this so that you don't waste your time and money instead" testing. Honestly, I bet it wouldn't even make much of an improvement on a GM LFX 3.6L. The heads on that flow so much better than a 3800, that I imagine it'd just be an inlet restriction.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/14/20 1:06 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Yup.  An LFX moves more air than an M90 can.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/14/20 1:43 p.m.

TIL that I clearly have too many LEGO collectible minifigures. I picked up a display case that is supposed to hold 180 (only practically holds 168)... and I found that I'm probably going to need another of those just to fit all of the ones I currently have.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/14/20 3:20 p.m.

TIL traveling solo with a 4 month old is virtually impossible.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/14/20 3:54 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Lololololzers....  true for a few years...

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/14/20 4:55 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Travel at bedtime.

jharry3
jharry3 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/14/20 5:15 p.m.

After you have cataract surgery some people have to go back and have a layer of the lens capsule zapped away by a laser because the back of the capsule sometimes gets cloudy after the new lens is inserted.      The lens capsule contained the original lens, this lens was sucked out and a new one made of space age plastic, selected with an optical correction for your particular eye's geometry, was placed in there by a cool micro surgery machine.   The measurement for new lens selection is by the use of a very fine grain topographic laser scan map of the cornea to show the curvature it has.   Optics is cool.   They pick the diopter you need from this info.

Anyway: Looks like I win the after surgery laser treatment!  Only 30% of people do.

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/15/20 12:28 p.m.

TIL about the Mitsuoka Himiko, an ND based luxury roadster.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/15/20 12:29 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) said:

TIL about the Mitsuoka Himiko, an ND based luxury roadster.

I much prefer the Mitsuoka Rock Star.

ND Miata with a C2 'Vette reskin

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/15/20 9:34 p.m.

TIL that the E46's HID light setup includes 'angel eye' DRLs- but apparently one of the inverters got lost and they just unhooked the other. $12 for Amazon to have a new set of inverters here on Saturday and it will not only look cooler but also not have the warning lights on the dash that the DRLs aren't on...

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/20 2:12 p.m.

TIL that I love the Mitsuoka Rock Star.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/16/20 2:55 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

TIL that I love the Mitsuoka Rock Star.

I wanted one so bad, but they were limited-production (50 I think) and were not sold outside of Japan. The C2 styling works surprisingly well on an ND. Then, send it over to Keith and his boys and get it LS-swapped, so it looks like a mini-Corvette and drives and sounds like one too.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/16/20 4:48 p.m.

TIL I can have the hellspawn scream at me for 8+ hours and I won't kill him. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/16/20 6:33 p.m.

TIL that the granting of patents went down 5-15% during Prohibition therefore confirming that my best ideas come to me while drinking.

Pete. (l33t FS)
10/19/20 9:55 a.m.

TIL that all Nissan Jukes had 188hp direct-injected turbo 1.6l fours, and the AWD models had torque vectoring.

I'm conflicted.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/19/20 10:10 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

TIL that all Nissan Jukes had 188hp direct-injected turbo 1.6l fours, and the AWD models had torque vectoring.

I'm conflicted.

I wouldn't be.  That's not enough to overcome having to look at a Juke.  It would take twice that HP, and maybe not even then.

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/19/20 10:21 a.m.

TIL that the character Debra Morgan said f*ck 996 times over the show Dexter's 8 seasons. That's literally just the count of one curse word. And actress Jennifer Carpenter said she actually censored the script and cut down on the amount of curse words that were written into the script.

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
10/19/20 11:46 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I'm conflicted.

CVTs too I'm sure...

Pete. (l33t FS)
10/19/20 11:59 a.m.
Saron81 said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I'm conflicted.

CVTs too I'm sure...

CVTs I am okay with.  Driving a truck, not so much.

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/19/20 2:02 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I'm conflicted.

This should have been the base engine in the Sentra.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
10/21/20 11:11 p.m.
Duke said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I'm conflicted.

I wouldn't be.  That's not enough to overcome having to look at a Juke.  It would take twice that HP, and maybe not even then.

What about 600?

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
10/21/20 11:14 p.m.

TIL that Eastwood has brick and mortar stores.

And that one will be opening in Pasadena Md this winter.

I have no idea where that is as I never leave the city but 'road trip.'

wae
wae UberDork
10/22/20 1:30 a.m.

TIL that the NA Miata without cruise control is not the answer to the question: "What is a comfortable car to drive on the highway for 7 hours?"

NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/22/20 5:24 a.m.
wae said:

TIL that the NA Miata without cruise control is not the answer to the question: "What is a comfortable car to drive on the highway for 7 hours?"

I finally figured out what is wrong with the cruise control in my Miata (I installed LED taillight bulbs) and I can't wait to get it operational again.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/22/20 8:18 a.m.
nutherjrfan said:
Duke said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

I'm conflicted.

What about 600?

Let me think about it... NO.

1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 213

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pKOCSaX5A8OsG27TJwVHHz7u78olcyrw2EAe3mU7orlWQDZWUfWjfN5PBjOpVZJb