1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 ... 213
NickD
NickD UltimaDork
10/22/20 8:21 a.m.
Duke said:
nutherjrfan said:
Duke said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

TIL that all Nissan Jukes had 188hp direct-injected turbo 1.6l fours, and the AWD models had torque vectoring.

I'm conflicted.

I wouldn't be.  That's not enough to overcome having to look at a Juke.  It would take twice that HP, and maybe not even then.

What about 600?

Let me think about it... NO.

I appreciate the Juke R for the sheer insanity. Nissan built that first one and everyone laughed and said "Cool concept car" and then Nissan said "But what if we made a limited-production version and sold it to customers?"

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/22/20 9:07 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

I like the Juke because it reminds me of a jumping spider. I'd try to get a personalized plate that read "Phidipp" if I ever owned one. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/22/20 11:54 a.m.
wae said:

TIL that the NA Miata without cruise control is not the answer to the question: "What is a comfortable car to drive on the highway for 7 hours?"

It's more enjoyable if you have a super sequential blowoff valve to play with.

I did install a stereo.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/22/20 11:56 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
wae said:

TIL that the NA Miata without cruise control is not the answer to the question: "What is a comfortable car to drive on the highway for 7 hours?"

I did install a stereo.

Also more enjoyable if you have earplugs. You can hear the radio better as they mostly blocks white noise, and you're not nearly as fatigued when you get to the destination.

Pete. (l33t FS)
10/22/20 12:59 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
wae said:

I did install a stereo.

Also more enjoyable if you have earplugs. You can hear the radio better as they mostly blocks white noise, and you're not nearly as fatigued when you get to the destination.

Having a hardtop makes it an immensely better experience.  Also gives more headroom.

Now I wonder if part of the benefit of the hardtop is having a folded up convertible top shoved in back to act as sound deadening.

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/22/20 5:52 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

TIL that all Nissan Jukes had 188hp direct-injected turbo 1.6l fours, and the AWD models had torque vectoring.

I'm conflicted.

There's also the NISMO and NISMO RS. The latter has up to 215hp, chassis reinforment, recaros and something like Dodge "performance pages" in the dash. If manual, FWD and LSD. If automatic, an 8-speed CVT tune (lesser models have 6 or 7) and the aforementioned AWD with torque vectoring.

EDIT:

There is one problem. The Juke runs afoul of the SCCA Stability Rule, based on published dimensions. The odd thing is that the NISMO RS marketing materials say it's lower, but the published dimensions are the same. Some forum posts suggest owners find their NISMO RS to be lower than the published numbers.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
10/22/20 6:20 p.m.

TIL that a local Medicare funded nursing home was in need of any working TV's for patient's rooms who could not afford to buy their own.

With the Covid situation, they're not allowed in the common areas to watch tv.

We had 4 working TV's in storage, Now I have extra room and 4 people have a TV to watch tonight.

They would like radios for the vision impaired patients also.

I'm sure most of us have extra stuff we don't need or want.

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/22/20 6:59 p.m.

TIL that in other parts of the world, VW will sell you a Golf R Wagon.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/22/20 9:08 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) :

MCM fan?

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/23/20 7:22 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I'd class myself as a casual enthusiast, but yes, I mostly like what they do. And of course that was indeed where I got said pearl of wisdom from.

TIL a RTT will work on a boat. I was shopping for one anyways but that's a game changer. 

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/25/20 4:04 p.m.

So remember the band 311, with Down and All Mixed Up?

Turns out that they are still together and touring, but also have a beer, 2 vape pens, and sponsor the BK Racing NASCAR Sprint cars.

Pete. (l33t FS)
10/30/20 11:22 a.m.

TIL that Fiat 500s also have the manumatic gate oriented correctly.

Did they offer an automatic Abarth?  Probably not...

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/30/20 11:28 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

They did but they're very hard to find.  Jodi couldn't drive a manual after the stroke so we test drove one.  It was still fun but it was a convertible and she decided she wanted a hard top. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/30/20 11:49 a.m.

TIL that the Hellspawn will immediately E36 M3 in a fresh clean diaper. And then start laughing.  

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/1/20 7:49 p.m.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
11/1/20 8:52 p.m.

TIL that Herb Stempel, the guy who blew the whistle on rigged quiz shows in the fifties didn’t pass away until earlier this year.  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/1/20 10:31 p.m.
Appleseed said:

TIL that the Hellspawn will immediately E36 M3 in a fresh clean diaper. And then start laughing.  

Apparently,  this is now his thing. 

New York Nick
New York Nick GRM+ Memberand New Reader
11/2/20 6:01 p.m.

TIL that Bleechy White can be used to clean a toilet. I also learned I am ambitious enough to clean the toilet in my shop but too lazy to walk to the house and get real toilette  cleaner :-)

NYN

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
11/2/20 6:13 p.m.
Appleseed said:
Appleseed said:

Apparently,  this is now his thing. 

My record with #1 was 5 diapers in one sitting. Surely he's empty this time. Nope! I don't remember him laughing, but I remember wife laughing. 

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/3/20 3:19 p.m.

"Alexa, turn that E36 M3 up!" does exactly what you'd hope.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
11/3/20 4:15 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

TIL that Herb Stempel, the guy who blew the whistle on rigged quiz shows in the fifties didn’t pass away until earlier this year.  

I think it is still crazy that the prosecutor for the Nuremberg Trials is still alive.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Ferencz

RossD
RossD MegaDork
11/3/20 6:53 p.m.

TIL you can just keep your 70s motorcycle helmet with the clear bubble face mask on when you enter the supermarket. I mean it is a face covering!

It even had the sparkle US flag paint scheme.

Pete. (l33t FS)
11/3/20 7:43 p.m.
RossD said:

TIL you can just keep your 70s motorcycle helmet with the clear bubble face mask on when you enter the supermarket. I mean it is a face covering!

That is so 70s I think I just grew a denim jacket.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/3/20 10:27 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
RossD said:

That is so 70s I think I just grew a denim jacket.

That's so 70s, my balls have sideburns.

1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 ... 213

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oSP0VsMGwetFzAKvpcx1wfv9eDGy7S3wI27JKbqeWboI2SEREgMczfhvqWyxVtBG