1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 ... 213
eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
8/23/22 9:36 a.m.
Lil_Stampie said:

TIL not to step in hornets nest, and make sure theyre all off of you before going inside. its not fun

Learned the exact same lesson a few years back.  Not fun.  One of them got inside my sock when I went inside.  Hope you are okay.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/23/22 3:45 p.m.

TIL there's a Fisher in the neighborhood.  Found a bunny skin (with bones) behind the shed where I mowed a week ago.  
Neighbor caught him on a ring device between his house & garage.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/24/22 11:54 a.m.

TIL there is a kick ass diner close to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway; Charlie Brown's Pancake & Steakhouse.  

Literally 150+ visits to Indy since 1977 and it's the first time I eat here?   

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/24/22 12:53 p.m.

This is our conversation yesterday.

He's fine. I looked when I got home. Looks like a ground yellow jacket nest. I watched lots of YouTube last night on how to kill them. Not enough flames involved IMHO. 

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
8/24/22 1:02 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

A can of brake cleaner and a bic should sort the issue. Flames are good. 

Also, teach the boy about the proper uses of your and you're. Being from florida is no excuse. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/24/22 1:06 p.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

I'm pretty sure that's the 50% of genes that didn't come from me. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/24/22 2:05 p.m.

In reply to barefootcyborg5000 :

Maybe he used "your" in reference to the fact that the dealing belongs to Stampie (Sr.) now.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/24/22 5:47 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I am pretty sure it is the autocorrect changing your to you're or vice versa.

Three-plus years of fighting and the iPad I use at work still thinks "its" is a typo, and adds a apostrophe, which I take as a mortal attack on my honor as a grammar nazi.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/24/22 9:00 p.m.

Since I'm on a sales trip in Indianapolis I'll watch youtube movies while in my hotel room. 

TIL that the ESPN Dale Earnhardt "3" movie is really bad.  Just poorly made and cheesy.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
8/26/22 4:00 p.m.

TIL where Japanese style peanuts originated.  Mexico, of course. 

Daylan C.
Daylan C. PowerDork
8/28/22 7:52 a.m.

TIL always assume everyone on the internet is lying until you accidentally find the records proving the thing they claim they did.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/30/22 11:50 a.m.

TIL soooo much about registering a car in CT.!!

I bought the 1991 Saab 900 and want to register it in CT because I can have a Euro front plate and other benefits.  Ian found a 1991 CT license plate in great shape, just put it on the car and run it.  In NY that privilege is $75/year.  In NY they charge 8% tax on what you paid for it, CT is about $15.

Sounds like I'm cheap, not true, but there is no annual safety inspection so if the Cat falls off a straight pipe is good to go.  (car has a brandy new system nose to tail).  

Bringing in a car from another State, it has to be checked out by an Inspector, then make an appointment with DMV.  There are only 3 DMV offices in the State.  Car is in CT now going through the process, I pick it up on Sept. 17th.  Looking forward to it.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/31/22 6:58 p.m.

TIL - - E Z Pass doesn't give a E36 M3 if you have a Euro front plate.

Pete. (l33t FS)
8/31/22 7:51 p.m.

TIL the new F150s have the world's most annoying gauge cluster.

Digital tach in decimals???  No numbers on the faux gauges until you run higher than the indication?

When I get home I will upload a video of the shifter.  It is a faux shift lever.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/22 8:00 p.m.
914Driver said:

TIL soooo much about registering a car in CT.!!

I bought the 1991 Saab 900 and want to register it in CT because I can have a Euro front plate and other benefits.  Ian found a 1991 CT license plate in great shape, just put it on the car and run it.  In NY that privilege is $75/year.  In NY they charge 8% tax on what you paid for it, CT is about $15.

Sounds like I'm cheap, not true, but there is no annual safety inspection so if the Cat falls off a straight pipe is good to go.  (car has a brandy new system nose to tail).  

Bringing in a car from another State, it has to be checked out by an Inspector, then make an appointment with DMV.  There are only 3 DMV offices in the State.  Car is in CT now going through the process, I pick it up on Sept. 17th.  Looking forward to it.

Today I learned that 914Driver is talking about some completely different kind of Connecticut than the one that I've been living in for 98% of my life. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/1/22 12:03 a.m.

I know that Honda's RC166 is a badass 250cc motorcycle with a 6 cylinder with thimbles for pistons and an 18,000 rpm redline. It weighs 247 lbs (dry) and made 62 hp. That's 0.25lbs/ hp!

TIL that it was capable of 149.13 mph!

Pete. (l33t FS)
9/1/22 12:25 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

That is kind of the way I feel when people start talking about how E10 did all sorts of awful things to their car, when we have been using it here for close to 40 years and none of those awful things happen here.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/1/22 12:44 a.m.
Appleseed said:

I know that Honda's RC166 is a badass 250cc motorcycle with a 6 cylinder with thimbles for pistons and an 18,000 rpm redline. It weighs 247 lbs (dry) and made 62 hp. That's 0.25lbs/ hp!

TIL that it was capable of 149.13 mph!

I think you got the bean above the frank. Who remembers that reference?

247 lbs/62hp is 3.98 lb/hp. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/1/22 1:50 a.m.

In reply to CAinCA :

You expect accurate math this late?

CAinCA
9/1/22 1:16 p.m.
Appleseed said:

In reply to CAinCA :

You expect accurate math this late?

Dude, it was only 9:45.  ;^)

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/1/22 1:35 p.m.

Not in my timezone. laugh

CAinCA
9/1/22 2:43 p.m.
Appleseed said:

Not in my timezone. laugh

I know. I was just giving you a hard time. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/1/22 7:17 p.m.

That Columbus Ohio staged the first recorded 24 hour car race. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driving_Park

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
9/1/22 10:31 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Digital tach in decimals???  No numbers on the faux gauges until you run higher than the indication?

When I get home I will upload a video of the shifter.  It is a faux shift lever.

What is that? I have a 22 f150 and it looks like this

VolvoHeretic
VolvoHeretic GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/1/22 11:06 p.m.
chandler said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

What is that? I have a 22 f150 and it looks like this

Hey, isn't that distracted driving? indecision

1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 ... 213

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dUtCJR0iNEkNTmEalgIvpYllIpG4eam1B6ISjtcgUEV8IL2uOHOcHdHImmp2gTwX