Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/2/22 9:06 p.m.

In reply to VolvoHeretic :

"only" 27 mph.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/2/22 9:16 p.m.

TIL that my calling is to be a prophet.

I was in Augusta when I saw a C6 Z06.  It had just started to lightly rain.  As we pulled onto 20 I heard him reving his engine behind me.  My mom called and I said "Hold on I'm waiting for this Corvette to wreck."  He past me and then 2 mins later 100 yards ahead of me he started fishtailing across all three lanes on 520.  Dude was lucky that he didn't tag anything and that I got on my brakes fast enough not to tag him.  Dude with the custom plates "NEXTZ06" you need to change your pants.

Azryael
Azryael HalfDork
9/3/22 1:00 p.m.

TIL people still judge people for having long hair. A neighbor said I looked "homeless"...

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/3/22 1:49 p.m.

T.I.C.U.W.  Today, I came up with a saying for fauna and flora that can hurt you...

If you bite it, and it makes you sick, it's poisonous.  If it bites you, and it makes you sick, it's venemous.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/4/22 8:28 p.m.

An old high school friend works as a 911 operator.  Occasionally,  he posts some of the more amusing 911 calls they receive. 

TIL: some people are incredibly stupid:

Wow... just... wow.  surprise

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/4/22 9:11 p.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

10 to 1 the Mom badgered him until he did it.

secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/4/22 9:58 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

10 to 1 the Mom badgered him until he did it.

If he had just a little sense, he called using Mom's phone...

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/4/22 10:03 p.m.

What are the odds the police were only involved because Walgreens refused to let them go through security footage, finally exasperatedly telling them that they only release footage by police order?

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Dork
9/17/22 12:11 p.m.

TIL that the Royal Gorge Bridge in Colorado was built in 6 months in 1929, 1260 feet long, 935 feet above the Arkansas River.

Meanwhile, it took 2 years in 2020-2022 to replace the Pinecrest overpass 16 feet over I-74 a mile from my house.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/24/22 8:19 a.m.

TIL that Henry Cavill is the new James Bond.

Pete. (l33t FS)
9/24/22 1:11 p.m.
chandler said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

TIL the new F150s have the world's most annoying gauge cluster.

Digital tach in decimals???  No numbers on the faux gauges until you run higher than the indication?

When I get home I will upload a video of the shifter.  It is a faux shift lever.

What is that? I have a 22 f150 and it looks like this

I forgot to upload the shifter.

So, Dodge comes out with a retro full size.  Ford styles their 3/4 ton and up trucks to be more retro.

Dodge comes out with a V10. Ford sticks another pair of cylinders on the 5.4.

Dodge has an electric dial for a shifter.  Ford...

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
9/24/22 11:12 p.m.

You can see the second stage / boost to orbit of a Falcon 9 X launched from Florida in central New Hampshire.   

Pure luck, leaving dinner with my parents walking down to the dock to get in the boat.  They have a great view to the south across the open lake; “hey what’s that?”  It looked like a helicopter with a searchlight for a bit until it dawned on me what we were watching.   It was about 2 minutes from when we first saw it until the booster burned out.  Wicked cool! 

NickD
NickD MegaDork
9/25/22 5:46 p.m.

TIL that, after years of jokingly referring to the Yaris as "the secret weapon" when I bring it to an autocross as a backup vehicle, the Yaris is indeed a secret weapon when it comes to rain events. My codriver and I drove it to 8th and 5th overall, respectively, both shocking and infuriating our competition

Also worth noting was that someone brought out a W8 manual-trans Passat 4Motion wagon, which then proceeded to break halfway through the day. Turns out that fragile unicorn VWs are in fact fragile unicorn VWs.

wae
wae PowerDork
9/28/22 10:16 a.m.

TIL:  Puma was started by the other Dassler brother when he got into a spat with Adolf and left Adidas.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/6/22 9:53 a.m.

TIL that shaving cream is basically just the guide coat of personal hygiene. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/6/22 2:16 p.m.

TIL that WGN, the tv station,  stands for World's Greatest Newspaper.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
10/6/22 4:04 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

I haven't used shaving cream in probably 40 years.

Toebra
Toebra Dork
10/7/22 9:00 p.m.

Not so much learned, as reminded of, how sharp the wife is.

She kept getting calls from a restricted number, for days.  Finally, she gets mad enough to answer and tell them to stop calling.

They want to know how she is going to vote in November.  She tells them, "I'm a felon, I can't vote."  They immediately hang up and the calls stop.

Of course she was lying about the felon thing, and it turns out, for the most part, felons can vote in California. 

I bet that phone number got crossed off a lot of lists though.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/7/22 9:13 p.m.

In reply to Toebra :

I'd press to see what side they are for and then state I'm voting for the other guy because you abusively called me to the point of annoyance.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/8/22 8:58 p.m.

Today I didn't care to learn:

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
10/8/22 11:00 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) said:

Did you say a swear word and ask for your mouth to washed out with that soap??  LOL :0D

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
10/9/22 6:08 a.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) :

Girl I used to work with would bring milk in to work and put it in the lunch room fridge for her coffee. People kept taking it so she put a label  breast milk on it and it stopped disappearing. 

I was schooled yesterday by two gentlemen on the workings of the oil life monitoring system. When it gets to zero, that means you have zero oil in your car and you have voided your warranty. TIL that people are idiots. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
10/9/22 9:38 a.m.
Appleseed said:

TIL that WGN, the tv station,  stands for World's Greatest Newspaper.

Did you know about Sears and WLS?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/10/22 9:08 a.m.

Couldn't decide if this was TIL or Rant of the Day, but the Food Florist is closing in 2 weeks.  Shop owned by two young women who make dishes, freeze them and sell them uncooked.  Closing because even offering $20/hr. they couldn't get kitchen help.  Disappointing in several ways.  Had I known it was this bad I would have volunteered time!

Ah well, gonna stock up on the Chicken Enchilada Deluxe .....

Pete. (l33t FS)
10/10/22 3:46 p.m.
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) said:

That is crazy.  Everyone knows that, because the salt balance is just right, the best soap is made from human fat.

1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 ... 212

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HFlrZHq71xH2k2MXCAFKJ5rwCGmfRbeYWij5koPYaDx5ccQIF8kq30O0bHDj1Ecr