1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 213
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/30/19 8:31 p.m.

TIL when Lil Stampie was young I  told him clay was dinosaur poop and he still believed it. I can see myself saying that. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/30/19 8:41 p.m.

Today i learned that the seized tie rod ends make a truck completely undrivable

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/31/19 10:23 a.m.

TIL that there is a lot more support for VW Rabbits than there used to be.

Still no Rabbit "core supports" but fenders are available now, as well as a bunch of other Rabbit specific stuff.  I wonder how many Rabbits were converted to look like Golfs because those were the only parts available.

(I like corner turn signals)

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/1/19 5:18 p.m.

Today I learned that this guy was one of the biggest entertainers in France sometime ago. 

Le Petomane

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
4/1/19 5:26 p.m.

In reply to Furious_E :

Wasn't his brother a governor?

Furious_E
Furious_E GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/1/19 5:44 p.m.

In reply to slantvaliant :

According to Wikipedia he was the character's namesake.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/1/19 9:16 p.m.

I learned an insurgence company will lie to your face. With a smile.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/2/19 11:48 p.m.

The Rolls Royce contact page has a drop-down box for title:

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/3/19 9:28 p.m.

TIL there are seperate blue and yellow Mustang registries. My Pacific Green SN95 feels discriminated against.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
4/4/19 8:19 p.m.

TIL that there are... well, I guess they’re people, but I think that we will just call them “beings capable of irrational thought that can use a computer or smartphone” that don’t like guacamole. 

Who knew?

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
4/4/19 8:32 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Yo I think I'm one of those. Guacamole is awful.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/4/19 8:37 p.m.

Add me to the anti guacamole crowd.  I’m more indifferent towards it but every 20 minutes today I heard on the radio that the US only has a three week supply of avocados and now I’ve soured on avocado people.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/4/19 8:41 p.m.

I had guacamole once. 

Id rather be kicked in the daddy bags then have to taste that stff again.

Today i learned that the neon is supposed to have a pcv valve. I also learned that i REALLY screwed up the vacuum lines.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/4/19 8:50 p.m.

Avocado is an acceptable ingrediant. It is not a dish in itself. 

Buffalo shrimp with avocado*? Awesome. Avocado on EVERY LAST MEAL (I'm looking at you NorCal) not so awesome. Straight up on toast or just smashed up with a little lime juice? Not acceptable. 

* I was going to link the recipe. I saw it on Hairy Bikers back on 2010, got the recipe from them and made it a few times. I cannot find it on google now. But cook your nonbreaded shrimps in buffalo sauce, split open an avocado, mash it up, and mix the shrimp in. It's a good combination, trust me, I'm fat, I know food. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/4/19 9:25 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I learned an insurgence company will lie to your face. With a smile.

Yea, well...  they are terrorists after all....

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/5/19 6:32 a.m.
Wally said:

Add me to the anti guacamole crowd.  I’m more indifferent towards it but every 20 minutes today I heard on the radio that the US only has a three week supply of avocados and now I’ve soured on avocado people.

As far as I'm concerned, the US has, and will always have, a lifetime supply of avocados.

None for me, thanks. I stand by my suggestion:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/what-the-heck-do-you-do-with-avocados/70722/page1/

NickD
NickD PowerDork
4/5/19 7:50 a.m.

Also part of the anti-avocado crowd. Yuck.

TIL that there is a Kaiser-Jeep M715 Monster Truck on the circuit

Can't wait to see this thing in action tomorrow night.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
4/13/19 10:19 a.m.

TIL that if you try to run the Racing Beat big front sway bar in conjunction with a TDR Rotrex supercharger kit (which leans the top of the radiator back) and stock Miata fans, the sway bar and brace will have a hard encounter with the fans. Like, not even possible to bolt it up. Time to find some slim fans

Karacticus
Karacticus GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/13/19 7:37 p.m.

TIL that nearly 6 months after a total joint replacement of the left knee, it cam still hurt like hell to drive a manual transmission. 

Add in a right shoulder joint with replacement surgery scheduled in less than two weeks, I’m not going to be driving that car again for a while. 

RossD
RossD MegaDork
4/16/19 7:59 p.m.

TIL that Ford's first all aluminum, 32 valve, DOHC V8 was a 60° Vee, based off of a V12 design, 1100 cid, and went into tanks in WWII

Named the Ford GAA engine.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
4/16/19 10:11 p.m.

Count me as indifferent on the avocado situation.

TIL, that if I'm out sick for three days not a single person will pick up anything that hits the floor. Like literally just leave it laying right where it landed. For three days. I spent about two hours cleaning up before I could even walk around the machinery. 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
4/16/19 10:57 p.m.
Nick Comstock said:

TIL, that if I'm out sick for three days not a single person will pick up anything that hits the floor. Like literally just leave it laying right where it landed. For three days. I spent about two hours cleaning up before I could even walk around the machinery. 

I am convinced that people use work to get their inner pig on as they are not allowed to act like that at home. Same with language.

Hitting the garbage can is 95% gravity, 5% aim. 

NickD
NickD PowerDork
4/17/19 5:43 a.m.
RossD said:

TIL that Ford's first all aluminum, 32 valve, DOHC V8 was a 60° Vee, based off of a V12 design, 1100 cid, and went into tanks in WWII

There's a video of one of those in a pulling tractor on alcohol with twin turbochargers. Seems that Ford didn't design for that kind of abuse, because part way through the pull, it blows the entire lefthand bank of cylinders of the block.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/17/19 5:55 a.m.
RossD said:

It was also the world's largest aluminum casting, at a time when Big Engines either had separate crankcases and cylinder blocks, or were air cooled radials.  The GAA had a one piece crankcase and cylinder block, something we take for granted today.

The cam drive is also really interesting, it was shaft driven!

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/17/19 6:27 a.m.

TIL that Helen Reddy is Australian.

I thought you were cooler than that, Australia...

1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 213

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6WwNbJBvs3LtjR0zz80XLAMY4EuDTvPpTLLOzooPO2IVCG1vY4ZeQdaD6Jzazit4