1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 213
KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
5/12/19 8:09 p.m.
NickD said:
Knurled. said:

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

But crappy pads mean it's easier to avoid lockup, maybe.

At least, that is the excuse I have for the granite pads on teh RX-7.

I did the same thing on my Miata. More for co-drivers' (and my tires') sake, after every person who drove it flatspotted the E36 M3 out of my front tires. I had Rock Auto $20 front pads and Porterfields rear pads to balance my the proportioning out

Oh, on pre-ABS cars abso-freakin-lutely.  But my NC has good ABS and the E36 M3 pads on it weren’t even getting there at 50 mph and full stomp.  Better pads are the business with this thing.

(NA had HPS front and HP+ rear pads, it was an awesome setup)

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/13/19 4:46 p.m.
Woody said:

Today I Learned that if you ever need to buy a wheelchair or walker, buy it online. Amazon Prime will have it to you in 36 hours and you will save at least $100 versus the Local Wheelchair Shop.

If you need a power wheelchair, check local used. We got my late mother in law a $3k chair in like new condition for $600 from a medical supply place. When she was done with it it was still like new. They're expensive, but a lot of folks don't get to use them up as much as one would hope, and nobody wants to spend a bunch of time and energy selling off that kind of thing.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/13/19 7:22 p.m.

TIL you can mail pigeons.  My neighbor raises racing pigeons and was headed to the post office to send a couple somewhere. I asked him about it and he said it was simple, the same as sending chickens so I guess I also learned you can mail chickens.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/13/19 7:25 p.m.

Yesterday I learned there is a Ned Flanders themed metal band. Okilly Dokilly.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/13/19 8:16 p.m.
RevRico said:

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/13/19 8:29 p.m.
Wally said:

TIL you can mail pigeons.  My neighbor raises racing pigeons and was headed to the post office to send a couple somewhere. I asked him about it and he said it was simple, the same as sending chickens so I guess I also learned you can mail chickens.

There has to be an upper limit somewhere. Pop-up video (and Madonna, I suppose) taught me that it's illegal to Federal Express yourself.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
5/13/19 9:13 p.m.

In reply to Wally :

My wife’s cousin sells aquarium type fish on eBay.  Apparently one or two days in a bag of water as it ships is not a big deal.  

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/13/19 10:06 p.m.
stanger_missle said:
RevRico said:

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 HalfDork
5/13/19 11:31 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

I don't think pigeons or chickens will do one day, or even one hour in a bag of waterlaugh

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
5/13/19 11:38 p.m.
TurnerX19 said:

I don't think pigeons or chickens will do one day, or even one hour in a bag of waterlaugh

I bet with some persistence, they will learn.

Like teaching poodles to fly.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
5/14/19 8:39 a.m.
ShawnG said:
TurnerX19 said:

I bet with some persistence, they will learn.

Like teaching poodles to fly.

You know, sometimes it takes them a little longer to learn how to do it right.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
5/14/19 11:56 a.m.

TIL that Nexen N Fera SUR4G run on the wide side. My 225/45R15 BFG Rival S 1.5s had a bit of stretch on my 15x9 Konigs. the 225 Nexens have absolutely no stretch on the wheels

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/14/19 1:09 p.m.

Today I learned that the toilet paper we are using doesn't break down in the septic tank very well.

So, time for a new brand of toilet paper. I really liked the Costco in-house brand, too.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
5/14/19 1:18 p.m.

TIL that "Beat Bobby Flay" is a cooking show of sorts.

I was disappointed. He annoys me for some reason. 

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/14/19 1:19 p.m.

TIL that my new neighbors are really bad liars. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
5/14/19 1:29 p.m.
SaltyDog said:

TIL that "Beat Bobby Flay" is a cooking show of sorts.

I was disappointed. He annoys me for some reason. 

Because he's a greasy weasel?  That's why he annoys me.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
5/15/19 2:30 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

That could well be it!

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/15/19 4:02 p.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap :

I feel like there's a story here...

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
5/15/19 4:21 p.m.

In reply to Duke :

He’s that slick dude that’s hitting up the ladies in the back room.  He’s got that “you know what I like about high school girls” vibe to me.  

Something about him bugs me too but he’s not the cool guy like George Clooney.  

I good with Clooney hitting up the ladies - feels right.   

Professor_Brap
5/15/19 4:24 p.m.

In reply to thatsnowinnebago :

We got some new neighbors that dont like the neighborhood they bought in. Im the caddy corner behind neighbor, her straight behind neighbor is a 98 year old lady, her side neighbor is my yard, and her other side neighbor is a person like me. 

She has called the local police like a half dozen times for "cars without current registration". Rules read they need current tags or registration or to be under a car cover. The police are tired of her E36 M3 and know im doing nothing wrong. 

She has been calling for all kinds of petty E36 M3 for all the neighbors. 

SO here we go with the fun. 

They are renovating at a very spendy level, high end everything. Well they got "robbed". So I finally finished hooking up my security cameras, and have them recording onto a drive. She blamed all of us and that was BS. Fast forward a few weeks, and dog poop is appearing in my yard, I check the cameras because only 2 neighbors have dogs, her (3 blood hounds), and the old lady. I saw she was letting her dogs poop in my yard on the cameras, she went so far as to walk over and look at it even. So I went over and confronted her and she denied it, blah blah blah about how im the worst person on earth. 

Fast forward a few more weeks, my cars in the yard got egged and had bologna on them along with my building and both tractors...... I checked the camera as one should and guess who it was. 

I called the cops this time, and this is where it gets fun. Police took the footage I loaded onto a USB drive, took photos, interviewed her and me. 

She had a chance to pay up and be a adult but she lied to the officer. She got charged with vandalism, we got a court date set, and still is a good chance she will be footing a bill for cleaning the cars.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/15/19 4:32 p.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap :

Some people's kids.....

Gotta love shiny happy people who's E36 M3 don't stink.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/15/19 4:37 p.m.

TIL that like books, you can't judge CDs by their covers.

I pretty much perpetually have 5-6 CDs checked out from the local library just to find new artists/music that I like. I started earlier this year in the Dance section and am a up to the 'J's. It's amusing because the library puts a wide swath of different music into the 'dance' category.

First CD I misjudged by its cover is by a group/artist called Justice (apparently their first album, 'Cross'). The CD cover is black with a line-drawing of a cross in gold- at first glance my thought was, "Great, are there Christian Dance/EDM groups now too?" The titles of the tracks (Genesis, Let There Be Light, Waters Of Nazareth) didn't exactly inspire confidence either- but to my surprise it's a solid electronica album with no apparent religious bend other than the track names. I'll likely check out some of their other albums.

On the other end of the spectrum was the album "Countach (for Giorgio)" by Shooter Jennings. The album cover is pretty epic, including Falcor from The Neverending Story with a machine gun, but to me at least it didn't live nearly up to being as epic and awesome as the cover seemed to indicate it would be. Even the cover of "The Neverending Story" wasn't particularly exciting, and frankly I'm surprised that Giorgio Moroder apparently was involved in a number of the tracks because I generally enjoy his work.

Professor_Brap
5/15/19 4:55 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Found out she dont like being neighbors with a machince shop either. 

This is for who all was wondering. 

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/15/19 5:05 p.m.

In reply to Ashyukun (Robert) :

I am aware of Justice because they have done some pretty crappy "remixes" of other songs (read: played the song untouched except for diddling with a flanger)

Also that "We are your friends" song they did.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
5/15/19 6:53 p.m.

TIL I learned that groundhogs can climb a tree to strip and eat the leaves. In all my 67 years I had never seen a groundhog climb a tree.

1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 ... 213

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pKaztmM74UJDqoZjIZrvHUJXtzYLSptEnDrJXggwcK7cyNea9YNUwrEFH4Vj5X5I