1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 75
Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/31/19 2:44 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Living in the Bowling Green, Kentucky area. I find excuses to be in Nashville pretty often.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
5/31/19 4:18 p.m.

Don't go through Nashville, IN with a modified exhaust.  They're really particular about that.  When I had the Abarth, I was concerned about getting pulled over if I drove it through there.

But if you go through there at the right time, check out Brown County Dragway.  I think its the oldest continuously running 1/8 mile drag strip in the country.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
5/31/19 8:10 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

Glad I went nowhere near there in a muffler deleted truck pulling a wagon.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
6/10/19 12:46 p.m.

Yesterday I learned that a toilet flap 

can be used around the steering column  to pretty up the hole in the firewall.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
6/10/19 12:51 p.m.

TIL that the Pride Flag only has six colors on it. I could have sworn it hall all 7.

Wally
Wally MegaDork
6/11/19 1:39 a.m.

Pininfarina also makes silverware.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
6/11/19 5:49 a.m.
Wally said:

They also make soda machines too

Woody
Woody MegaDork
6/11/19 6:11 a.m.
Wally said:

I worked on a Pininfarina designed sailboat many years ago.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
6/11/19 6:21 a.m.
Wally said:

I worked at a cabinet shop in high school and we installed a bunch of their cabinets in a mansion in pleasant valley Iowa.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/12/19 1:53 p.m.

TIL Lamborghini has bit on this whole Safari 911 or whatever else we can get craze and built the Huracan Sterrato. I'm probably gonna have to go build one on Forza now.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
6/13/19 9:02 a.m.

TIL that Android emulators are a thing. I mean, I was pretty sure that Android devs used something to develop and test apps on something other than Android itself but I didn't know that there are consumer level emulators.

I was trying to find a way to run Spotify Stations on my Windows 10 laptop. I was thinking I'd have to run something in Virtual Machine but you don't need to.

I downloaded BlueStacks which works great. It's like running a separate instance of Android on the Windows desktop. It even resized the window when Spotify Stations opened.

I wish I knew more on the Android dev stuff.

JakeOG
JakeOG New Reader
6/13/19 6:13 p.m.

TIL cooking 13 pounds of bacon in advance of your family reunion this weekend makes your house smell really good or really bad.  Right now I'm not sure which.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
6/14/19 2:20 p.m.

Today i learned that the green painted aluminium miata hood, when left on sawhorses in the sun for a couple of hours will get hot enough to burn your fingertips. No lie. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/14/19 2:36 p.m.

I was reminder that junkyards in this part of the country are 93% S10s and W bodies.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
6/14/19 2:39 p.m.

I learned my impact driver doesn't like to be carried by the bit anymore when it feel battery first onto the 2 little toes of my clutch foot. I also learned when that happens on gravel, your toes break.

Toebra
Toebra Dork
6/14/19 4:58 p.m.

You can get 1" vet wrap at a feed store.  Self adherent elastic tape to splint the toes together.  Don't wrap them too tight.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
6/15/19 9:05 a.m.

I learned that of the estimated 40+ trucks sitting on the local Ford dealers lot not a single one of them has a V8.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
6/15/19 10:54 a.m.
Nick Comstock said:

I learned that of the estimated 40+ trucks sitting on the local Ford dealers lot not a single one of them has a V8.

Which begs the question, Why?  Are all the V8s sold, and they can't give away the ecoboost?  Are the Ecoboost so popular they don't bother ordering the V8s?

Interesting.

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/16/19 11:59 a.m.

TIL my Saturn has a staggered tire setup. 175s on the front. 185s on the rear. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/16/19 9:25 p.m.

TIL the rumors of the business I work for being in financial trouble are still persistent and evidence is piling up that I should probably halt spending on my racecar antics and start looking for work again.

Great. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
6/16/19 10:28 p.m.
Daylan C said:

I was reminder that junkyards in this part of the country are 93% S10s and W bodies.

I need a rust-free red tailgate and rear bumper for round-body S10 / Sonoma. Not urgent.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
6/16/19 10:30 p.m.

YIL that baking the motherboard at 400 F for 12 minutes will re-flow solder sufficiently to bring my LG TV back to life.  

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/16/19 11:14 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

I might go back in a couple weeks if I think of anything else I need for my garbage. (Really wanted a seat for my SN95 but I drove the SN95 and found a Caprice fender before I found a seat) Pull-a-Part in Louisville was the one I was at that day. I don't remember seeing anything the same shade of red as yours but I didn't check all the S10s. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/17/19 6:30 a.m.
Daylan C said:

TIL my Saturn has a staggered tire setup. 175s on the front. 185s on the rear. 

Swap them and it will instantly handle better. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/17/19 6:59 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

I considered that. I don't know why they're staggered anyway other than cheapness of the previous owner.

1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 75
Our Preferred Partners
eqGDLIUBupudRudTYA1s6T5Z6V3VpkS6dCLQymkZdB7mnDuzOGcPbKzxtyEeyN8q