Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/4/19 5:22 p.m.
Mndsm said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to Stampie :

Yup. And gas station sushi!

So if i say its bad, its REALLY BAD.

My measure of good, however, can be questionable. 

Don't ever eat sushi from the gas station across from SeaWorld. I didn't know it was possible to create that kind of velocity from both ends at the same time. 

What do you expect out of the fish that failed out of Sea World?

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/4/19 11:02 p.m.

Tonight I learned chickens don't like fireworks that whistle. Surprisingly, don't really care about any others, but the whistling scares them pretty badly. 

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
7/4/19 11:29 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Today I learned Hardee's has a new garlic bread thickburger and garlic cheese fries. I also learned that they suck and they're not worth the $10 that they cost

Surprisingly, I tried one with my youngest son today. Even after reading your review. While the flavor profile is definitely different... it was not bad, though also not something either off us is sure we would get again. Full disclosure: I did use a coupon that got us each a small drink and fries with the burger purchase, so it was about $11 for 2 meals. Did not try the garlic cheese fries this time. 

I think part of your experience may be the location. Hardees seems to be less consistent than other chains. 

NickD
NickD PowerDork
7/5/19 11:42 a.m.

TIL that if you Google search "Rotrex Miata", my car is 2 if the 4 sample video results.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
7/5/19 1:26 p.m.

Last night I learned that Roman Candles are lame after shooting off three singles so I taped four together to shoot off at the same time and that was exciting.  

With two packs left I’ve been thinking of shooting one 6 shooter.   

Maybe I better not.  I’m almost 57 years old and have never done much fireworks in my lifetime.  

Well, then again.  

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
7/5/19 2:36 p.m.
RevRico said:

Tonight I learned chickens don't like fireworks that whistle. Surprisingly, don't really care about any others, but the whistling scares them pretty badly. 

You might not get eggs for a month or two now.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
7/5/19 2:40 p.m.

Amazon sells kids smart watches with a Sim card slot.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/7/19 12:14 a.m.

TIL I should really clean the shop up before I buy too many parts for the wagon. I found a temp gauge and a throttle cable bracket just going through random unorganized tubs of junk.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/12/19 3:58 p.m.

TIL I've been getting calls about the warranty of a car I have never owned because of an intern's clerical error. 

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/12/19 10:37 p.m.

VINwiki isn't just an odd name for a YouTube channel I've been watching forever. It's an app.

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
7/12/19 10:56 p.m.

The mudstain’s rear seat folds down and can haul a surprisingly good amount of stuff. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/13/19 12:40 p.m.

TIL my Galaxy S9+ will over heat if I leave it in the dash mount in my Mustang with the top up and no AC on a 90 degree day.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/13/19 4:12 p.m.

TIL that Carrera 3.2 H5 and Euro H4 headlight rings look identical, but have the holes for the headlight adjusters in different places.

So I now have a set of nice H5 headlight rings in the correct colour (guards/india red) and a set of Euro H4 headlights with chrome rings that allow for headlight adjustment, but never shall the twain meet. Great. Time to see if I can source a set of Euro headlight rings in the correct colour. At least this lesson only cost me about a benjamin so far.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/15/19 8:30 p.m.

TIL a semi local car club does "mini trucks and tacos". These guys win.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/17/19 8:35 a.m.

Coffee and orange Gatorade do not make a tasty drink.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/17/19 5:35 p.m.

The Highwaymen started at a Johnny Cash Christmas show in Switzerland.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/20/19 2:31 a.m.

TIL 4L60E is my upper limit for moving transmissions by myself. TH350s are easy. 727s are ok. 46RE is a definite team lift requirement with a jack preferred though.

Oh and any manual smaller than a T56 is barely an inconvenience.

jamieereynoldss
jamieereynoldss New Reader
7/20/19 4:48 a.m.

I learned today that in 1999 Elon Musk created X.com, which was later merged with Confinity and was renamed to PayPal.

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/20/19 9:33 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

So you can drive your Taco to get a taco.

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/20/19 11:41 a.m.

In reply to Mike :

That would be most of my Taco's miles if I owned a Taco.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
7/20/19 2:22 p.m.

TIL that last person to lay down their weapons from WWII was a Japanese soldier in the Philippines in 1974. They had to fly in his old commanding officer to convince him to surrender.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
7/20/19 5:38 p.m.
jamieereynoldss said:

I learned today that in 1999 Elon Musk created X.com, which was later merged with Confinity and was renamed to PayPal.

The guy who co-founded yelp also worked for X before the merger and left PayPal with a little bit of money. There is a PBS podcast called “how I built this “ that has a lot of this info in fun little packages.

cdeforrest
cdeforrest Reader
7/20/19 6:38 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

TIL Elon has the power to regrow his hairline. What CAN'T he do?

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
7/20/19 10:37 p.m.

In reply to cdeforrest :

Perhaps this is another positive side effect of smoking the kind bud?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/20/19 11:03 p.m.

TIL that my co-workers have finally realized that asking me what the weather outside is like is a stupid thing to ask. I like hot temps.. mid 90s is comfortable for me, anything below 60 is freezing. I wear a fleece all year around at work to avoid getting chilly. It only took them 15 years to figure out that I don't deal well with the cold and really love the heat.

According to my Abarth, it was 98 degrees when I went to work. I kept the windows down and the AC off. I was sitting on leather seats wearing black cargos and a black tee shirt under my black polo. I was not sweaty in the least.

1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 213

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cDHrTZuUcEJm1DdQxJsq7XxC9PlMU4wEXbRqFFeb1lMZP3kMJf0cAavMvqy0D7Y2