1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 212
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/17/19 4:46 p.m.

TIL that my recovery has gone well enough that I'm able to resist a free relativity mint all original MX6 GT w/ lowish miles.  

barefootskater
barefootskater Dork
9/17/19 4:48 p.m.
Stampie said:

TIL that my recovery has gone well enough that I'm able to resist a free relativity mint all original MX6 GT w/ lowish miles.  

Get it and hold it for me! I would do unspeakable things to get my hands on a clean MX6.

shellb
shellb New Reader
9/17/19 7:23 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater :

Send me a pm! 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
9/18/19 12:35 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

TIL that Jagermeister is releasing an alcoholic cold brew coffee.

TIL that somebody at Jagermeister thought the world needs an alchoholic cold brew coffee.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/18/19 1:22 p.m.
Duke said:
Brett_Murphy said:

Can't taste any worse than regular Jagermeister:

As my dad told me when I went off to college 11 years ago, Jaeger is nothing but a testament to good marketing. 

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
9/18/19 2:09 p.m.

TIL that I really shouldn't browse BarnStormers for sub-$10k airplanes. surprise

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
9/18/19 8:54 p.m.

TIL the demo derby people are wrecking SN95s now.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/20/19 8:18 a.m.

TIL that some second gen Foresters had remote reservoir dampers.

Knurled.
9/20/19 1:11 p.m.
mtn said:
Duke said:
Brett_Murphy said:

Can't taste any worse than regular Jagermeister:

As my dad told me when I went off to college 11 years ago, Jaeger is nothing but a testament to good marketing. 

I dunno, I like the taste.

Now, Zwack, on the other hand, is/was some seriously vile stuff.

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
9/20/19 7:05 p.m.
Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
9/20/19 10:40 p.m.

TIL there's a stop light in Burkseville, Kentucky. Unfortunately I know this because a local law enforcement official told me a couple miles down the road from it. 

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/21/19 10:42 p.m.

Today I learned that the town just north of here, which controls three of the five ways onto Absecon Island, has decided to do major roadwork to all it's major roads at the same time. I am so glad my three week vacation starts in two days.

Knurled.
9/22/19 9:36 a.m.

TIL that I have the same birthday as Walter Rohrl, who is a driver I've often really appreciated as he not only won in whatever kind of car he was driving, but also approached driving in a severely analytical manner.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
9/22/19 10:32 a.m.
Knurled. said:

TIL that I have the same birthday as Walter Rohrl, who is a driver I've often really appreciated as he not only won in whatever kind of car he was driving, but also approached driving in a severely analytical manner.

Was he the one, when confronted by someone over how delicate a rally car was (Lancia, maybe), he just replied something like, I don’t plan on crashing?

Knurled.
9/22/19 10:38 a.m.
eastsideTim said:
Knurled. said:

Was he the one, when confronted by someone over how delicate a rally car was (Lancia, maybe), he just replied something like, I don’t plan on crashing?

Not sure.

He did get kicked out of the RAC after complaining mightily that it was "blind" (no recce allowed), and he refused Rally Finland at least one year because he said he wanted to drive a car, not fly an airplane.

And then there was the time he was thoroughly determined to force a good performance from an ill handling POS, and won San Remo in 1985 in what can only be described as a masterclass of dedication, preparation, and skill.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/22/19 1:47 p.m.

TIL that the words are actually "weed, whites and wine" and not "wheat, rice and wine".

Sorry Lowell, I like my version better.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/22/19 4:33 p.m.

TIL Gene Autry flew cargo planes in Asia during WW2 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
9/22/19 10:24 p.m.
Wally said:

TIL Gene Autry flew cargo planes in Asia during WW2 

I learned that last week. Today I learned that Johnny Cash took his shoes off on live tv during a drug binge. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
9/24/19 5:43 p.m.

TIL: There is a such thing as "botanical fruits" and "culinary fruits".  Apparently, many of the things we think of a veggies are technically fruits based on the botanical definition, but aren't considered "fruits" in the food sense because they don't have a sweet flavor.  Most of you probably already knew this.  

Knurled.
9/24/19 6:02 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec :

well, now

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/19 7:06 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

I’m still a few episodes behind.

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
9/24/19 8:25 p.m.

TIL that Otis the drunk from the Andy Griffith show was also the voice of Uncle giggles, Joe Rockhead and Rock Roll among many others.

Blown away.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/24/19 9:31 p.m.

TIL I was reminded that they reintroduced elk to North Carolina in 2001.

My sister in law got a picture of one up near Maggie Valley.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/24/19 9:38 p.m.

Also, TIL that this Canadian Safety Film exists. 

I'd bet a Loonie that Keith has heard of it.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
9/30/19 12:43 p.m.

TIL that a guy I race with, who is quite well off, has bullied Jaguar into importing an extra Project-8 into the US because all but one is spoken for and that one is blue and, dammit, he wants an orange one. Must be nice to have money.

1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 212

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SZXFYZ7TH2qA4Rl8hwoNDIpCALLZwHxBER8Ywj7w5kLoza68Zg1q3Lqyz7OLmATe