1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 ... 213
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/5/20 11:30 a.m.
NickD said:

TIL that Rock Auto offers Bilstein shocks with lowering springs for some cars. Haven't checked every car, but they do offer them for Mazda2s, Mazda3s and RX-8s

Bwaaaaah?!?

NickD
NickD PowerDork
2/5/20 11:35 a.m.
Javelin said:
NickD said:

TIL that Rock Auto offers Bilstein shocks with lowering springs for some cars. Haven't checked every car, but they do offer them for Mazda2s, Mazda3s and RX-8s

Bwaaaaah?!?

Seriously! Go pull up a Mazda2, go under Suspension and then Suspension Kits.

"BILSTEIN 47167490 B14 (PSS) Info

Front and Rear; Front Lowered Height: 25-40mm, up to 850kg Axle Load; Rear Lowered Height: 20-40mm, up to 765kg Axle Load"

Edit: Wait, are they selling Bilstein coilovers?! For $750?

Javelin
2/5/20 12:04 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

Holy Berk!!

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/5/20 12:40 p.m.

In reply to NickD :

None for a 323 GTX sad.

Not that I was expecting there to be. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
2/5/20 1:57 p.m.
EvanB said:

In reply to NickD :

None for a 323 GTX sad.

I checked for my Mazda5.  None for it either.  This is probably a good thing.

Javelin
2/5/20 2:00 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
EvanB said:

In reply to NickD :

None for a 323 GTX sad.

Just use the Mazda3. Literally identical.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/5/20 2:04 p.m.

None for the Terrible Truck.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
2/5/20 2:41 p.m.
Javelin said:
eastsideTim said:
EvanB said:

In reply to NickD :

None for a 323 GTX sad.

I need the ground clearance.  The driveway to our rallycross site is a little rough.  Not to mention I’m trying to keep it stock, so I can modify the other cars devil

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/5/20 3:15 p.m.
eastsideTim said:
Javelin said:
eastsideTim said:
EvanB said:

In reply to NickD :

None for a 323 GTX sad.

I need the ground clearance.  The driveway to our rallycross site is a little rough.  Not to mention I’m trying to keep it stock, so I can modify the other cars devil

Nah, I've been down that road at 50 in the Volvo.  You'll be fine.

PS - Don't tell Scott.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/5/20 5:26 p.m.

Yesterday I learned not even the cops in west Virginia use turn signals. That explains a lot.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
2/7/20 2:19 p.m.

Today I learned that "EE. UU." is Spanish for "USA"

Estados Unidos = United States ergo, EE. UU. The double E's and U's are because it's plural, it seems. I should have taken Spanish classes in high school instead of those extra free periods.

https://www.thoughtco.com/spanish-doubles-letters-3080302

In other news, I may soon try to order slot car decals from a Spanish website because today I learned that they have lots of cool decals I haven't seen from other sources.

https://www.atalayadecals.com/

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/7/20 8:31 p.m.
mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/20 12:15 p.m.

TIL that I am going to have to start keeping a better eye on my Disco. Not is in waiting for it to spontaneously deconstruct, but that I am starting to get a lot of people at stores and gas stations telling me that they like my truck and if I have an interest in selling. Can't say I ever got that in any of my vehicles since I stopped driving my fiat spider

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
2/9/20 2:47 p.m.

While on hold with my phone carrier, TIL that there's a Muzak version of Say it ain't so done on cellos.

It wasn't terrible, though I'm a big fan of the cello

Edit:  And I found it... see the what are you listening to thread

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
2/9/20 3:05 p.m.

TIL that Chevrolet Silverado trucks are not as easy to work on as I thought when I was working on little Nissans and Honda's.  

Car battery, 2 braces, coolant bottle, top fuse block thingie, battery mount, pos and neg cables, then slide it out.  Always figured a Chevy is one mount and pos/neg cable.  

Shoot - I swapped my Accord battery in the Costco lot so I didn't have to return the core.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/9/20 3:32 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Changed the battery on DD#2's Impala in the street at 10:00p on the first fairly cold night of the winter. Considering the size of the engine bay and how visible the battery is I was astounded and enraged at how much unrelated stuff I had to take off to actually get it out of the car. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/9/20 11:01 p.m.

TIL that modern child safety caps on prescription med bottles can be flipped over and just be plugged into the bottle without twisting.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
2/10/20 5:15 a.m.
Duke said:

Changed the battery on DD#2's Impala in the street at 10:00p on the first fairly cold night of the winter. Considering the size of the engine bay and how visible the battery is I was astounded and enraged at how much unrelated stuff I had to take off to actually get it out of the car. 

Is it the '07-'13 body style? Because, oh yeah, those are fun to get out.

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
2/10/20 7:38 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

I have a pair of Bilsteins just in for my NC Miata to repair the front end

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
2/10/20 8:12 a.m.

This weekend, I learned that small children actually like riding in the little folding jump seats in the back of an extended mini-truck cab.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/10/20 8:19 a.m.

In reply to MadScientistMatt :

How small are your kids or how big is your truck? Even without a car seat my kid hasn't fit in the back of my ranger, well ever.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/10/20 8:22 a.m.
NickD said:
Duke said:

It is an '06 Imapala.  Removing the body brace was obvious and easy, but the fuse block had to come loose and get shoved back because it overhangs the battery case, and there was some other jazz in the front that blocked the battery too.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
2/10/20 8:47 a.m.
Duke said:
NickD said:
Duke said:

It is an '06 Imapala.  Removing the body brace was obvious and easy, but the fuse block had to come loose and get shoved back because it overhangs the battery case, and there was some other jazz in the front that blocked the battery too.

Its been a while, but I think I remember doing one, and, yeah it's about the same as the later ones. It looks like it should come right out, but its a big hassle.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
2/10/20 12:13 p.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to MadScientistMatt :

How small are your kids or how big is your truck? Even without a car seat my kid hasn't fit in the back of my ranger, well ever.

It's an '94 Ranger, and my oldest kid is 9. Saying they actually fit into the jump seats is a stretch. But they've been very excited to ride in the truck.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/13/20 8:17 a.m.

TIL that Amazon has a thing called 'Amazon Wardrobe' for Prime members where you choose a bunch of clothes you're interested in, they ship them to you, and you only pay for what fits and you keep. Which should work well for me because I was planning on just ordering a few different sizes of the insulated coveralls I want and returning the ones that didn't fit, so now I can do it without feeling guilty about the return because they expect you to return a bunch of things.

Clothes/shoe shopping has been one of the few things that I've not seriously considered doing online for anything besides more one-size-fits-all type things, this might change that...

1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 ... 213

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
j3BVzIA90jnrVE99Tykzg5KNqEeqoVOtu231wKeb27T53SEjeTMZzYBXwk1nojGV