MFE
MFE New Reader
11/17/21 12:43 p.m.

I'm usually driving my Mustang at these kinds of events, but I opted out this time.  However, I live close by the track in question, formerly known as the Bondurant racing school track.  My car has a Proper Attire theme, so I threw on a tux, headed up there, and rolled up to grid with my helmet on, getting a good chuckle out of the Grid Chief and his crew.   During the lunch break I did some laps so the photographers could grab some pics and I think the b/w one here is pretty epic.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/17/21 12:49 p.m.

Haha!  Sweet!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/17/21 12:59 p.m.

Is this car front drums!? 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/17/21 1:22 p.m.

Love it!

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/17/21 2:02 p.m.

Excellent!  I approve.   Of course I once drove a stretched limo around the road course at Louden New Hampshire so I'm not sure that my approval means much...

Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter)
Hungary Bill (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/17/21 2:39 p.m.

Absolutely LOVE it!!!!  Well done, sir!

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
11/17/21 2:44 p.m.

My not quite sane pal, who rallycrossed his S600 Merc once (taking out both cones in a gate going full sideways thru, just to see if he could) wholeheartedly approves. No question you and that car were the most stylin' thing at the event by a huge margin.

MFE
MFE New Reader
11/17/21 3:00 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

No.  Horribly undersized discs for pushing a car this heavy, so I didn't push it hard at all.  Never mind that it maxes out at about 0.2 g's of cornering load

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/17/21 3:36 p.m.

That. Is. Awesome!

Well done sir!

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/17/21 3:43 p.m.

Fantastic.

Bucket list car for me. Bagged and dragged to support the Cuban blood in me.

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
11/17/21 9:30 p.m.

I keep comin back to this thread to lookit the car. What is it? Whitewalls and the dome caps? I dunno. But it's kinda perfect for what it is.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
11/17/21 10:11 p.m.

In reply to Jay_W :

Wide whites don't really work on anything post about 1959. But still, awesome car. That 460 is a real beast.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
11/18/21 9:11 a.m.

This is fan-freaking-tastic!

MFE
MFE New Reader
11/19/21 11:12 p.m.

In reply to Jay_W :

Thank you.  I still don't know if it's "right" but it's right in its own way.  The dome caps used to be called "poverty caps" because they weren't posh and stylish.   And I know wide whites were played out in 1969, but in 2021, they get a lot of play.  The combo seems to work, somehow.  I will say, the trim rings were backordered for a long time, and it cannot be overstated what a differnce they made to the look when they finally got installed.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OzAgdE51TRdbgY3CvR20Sf2pBvRbhYaJww7I9oKtH4zZp9edBu9omlc5lxd3LyTv