1 2 3 4 ... 13
hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/24/22 5:27 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) 

Yep, E-free ran out when I was filling 3rd of 3, 5-gallon jugs. I'll wait until later tonight and they should refill by then.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
9/24/22 5:46 p.m.

This track I circle stops right at my front door. 

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/24/22 8:10 p.m.

Current Status:

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
9/25/22 8:35 a.m.

Having seen MIL live through Fiona, and us just missing it as it hits Canada, I hope for the best of all of you in the path. 

I really wish I managed to finish the solar part of the solar generator I made for my MIL- as it worked great for 2 days. Until it ran out of charge. 

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/26/22 9:05 a.m.

It shifted back a tiny bit towards Tampa on the last update.

NOAA has it hitting as a Cat 3 while the Euro model has it as a Cat 1. The European model is usually more accurate, hopefully its closer to a Cat 1. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/26/22 9:38 a.m.

Standing by here.  I'll be cleaning up the yard, filling the water bricks, baking, test run the generator today. 

Water bricks

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/26/22 11:36 a.m.

I've never been called tropical before.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/26/22 1:03 p.m.

Good luck to all those in the path. 

Add in the 'gators and other insane wildlife + hurricanes is part of the reason I keep turning down the fiance's request to move to Florida. Although 5% of our combined income back because of no state taxes would be nice. 

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/26/22 1:22 p.m.

I went and got more gas for the generator after seeing the shift this morning.  Other than shuffling some junk around the property, we'll be fine. I wont make the decision to board up until i know for sure that i need to. I already have the panels done. Putting them up and not needing them sucks. Having the house fully blacked out is horribly depressing.

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/22 1:44 p.m.

Well Hoopes, it may take care of our Pasco County issues.

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/26/22 2:10 p.m.

In reply to QuasiMofo (John Brown) :

For sure! I was just watching a news conference and they are predicting flooding all the way to US-19 in much of Pasco. Manatee county (Bradenton/Sarasota) is predicting a 10-15 ft storm surge. Northern Pinellas and Pasco may be worse. I'm worried about Karl as he is right on a creek and pretty low. Hopefully, he is bugging out.

My house in south Riverview is not in a flood plain and should be OK. The GF's house on the other hand... She's right off of 19 in New Port Richey. She's in Flood Zone A at about 10ft above sea level. The predicted storm surge is forecasted to be around 11ft. I'll be going up there after I get off of work to help her prepare. She works for the Pasco County Dept of health and has to report to the local shelter location at 0800 tomorrow. I'll be taking her two cats and sheltering them at my house.

I really hope nothing happens to her house sad.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/22 2:21 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

At the angle the storm is going to be coming into the coast, the storm surge shouldn't be significant except possibly to the north end of Tampa Bay. 

The northeast part of the storm is usually the strongest. It should pull most of the water away from the coast on that side of Florida and if she is inland of 19 floodings should be rain caused and not storm surge. 

Get what you can up off the floor and don't worry about it too much. 

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
9/26/22 3:00 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

My sisters are headed to Tennessee from Ft Myers. My nephew is headed to Souf Cackalacky to my youngest sisters house so all my "line of sight" family is covered. 

I hope the rest of you stay dry.

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
9/26/22 3:03 p.m.

In reply to stanger_mussle (Supported by GRM undergarments) :

I grew up in the same hood. Off Congress and Ridge Roads in PR. I wish you guys luck.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/26/22 3:04 p.m.

Coworker and his family are visiting The Mouse this week.

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/26/22 4:21 p.m.

Good luck down there!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/26/22 4:41 p.m.
Duke said:

Coworker and his family are visiting The Mouse this week.

Oof.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
9/26/22 8:26 p.m.

Meanwhile here are some hurricakes 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/22 8:29 p.m.

Stay safe everyone. And please keep us updated. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/22 8:33 p.m.

Is it pronounced Ian or Ian?

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/26/22 8:38 p.m.

Stay as safe as possible.  

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/26/22 8:39 p.m.

Remember folks, whenever someone on FB asks you if you're safe, drink.  If they are a Yankee, drink twice.
When someone on TV advises you to hunker down, drink. 
If the TV shows that the storm is larger than the state, drink.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/22 8:53 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Someone's getting alcohol poisoning unless they are drinking water and then they are going to drown 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
9/26/22 9:24 p.m.

I have a dog in this fight ( 86 year old mother in Oldsmar) and even though the place she lives has been very good at disaster prep, this one scares me because it looks like a direct hit.  Mom has a ground floor apartment and is in a "Zone B" flood area.; whatever the heck that means.  I have advised her to put the wine on the counter top so that, should worse come to worse, she won't have to feel around in the water to find a bottle of good red.

Also have two brothers. One is right on the water by the Sunshine bridge in St Pete's and the other is in Pinellas Park, maybe the highest spot in the county. Sister is booked to fly down this Friday to inspect the Fl branch of the family, but I have a feeling that ain't gonna fly. 

1 2 3 4 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BTCEWbBYD3GXdAK8SoT03VXHQf8ckbF60R2KJzA7aw4t1cAC5djs8R0G9K5NPKQU