1 2 3 4
HiTempguy
HiTempguy SuperDork
2/13/12 4:27 p.m.

Have you, uh, asked him to stop it? That would be the adult thing to do...

slopecarver
slopecarver New Reader
2/13/12 6:01 p.m.

I guess i'm lucky? no "cubes" and all of my coworkers are mechanical engineers, average age 27 so we all know how to use a computer.

Will
Will Dork
2/13/12 6:04 p.m.

One woman I work with said another coworker kept farting in a meeting recently. I wondered why she kept leaning away from him.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin SuperDork
2/13/12 6:52 p.m.
slopecarver wrote: I guess i'm lucky? no "cubes" and all of my coworkers are mechanical engineers, average age 27 so we all know how to use a computer.

My environment is sort of like this (no cubes, all mechanical engineers, average age late 20s). Most distracting environment ever.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
2/13/12 7:07 p.m.

My cubicle is fun, I get to set the temperature dial, pick the radio station and volume, talk on the phone whenever I want and even eat and drink.

Photobucket

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
2/14/12 2:26 a.m.

Does this count as a cubicle?

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
2/14/12 5:50 a.m.

Real sweet setup: control of the TV, monitor blocked from other's view, what more could a man want?

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/14/12 7:04 a.m.

Offutt? Was there for 8.5 years...

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
2/14/12 7:19 a.m.
stanger_missle wrote: Offutt? Was there for 8.5 years...

I've heard people manage to escape, but I thought that was only legend.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/14/12 7:30 a.m.

Shhhhhh..... Don't tell anyone I managed to escape.... If I'm found, I'm sure I will be dragged back, kicking and screaming and forced again to work in the dungeon known as STRATCOM. That's a punishment worse than death...

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/14/12 7:45 a.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: WTF is a cubicle?

leslie-nielsen-meme

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Reader
2/14/12 1:44 p.m.

I hate working in a cubicle, but at least I don't have to share it with someone else. I'd quit.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/14/12 1:56 p.m.

Lately I have been confined to my cube-chair. I have to share it with my cats. They snore.

Cole_Trickle
Cole_Trickle Reader
2/14/12 2:03 p.m.

I share a cube in the very center of a factory. Its loud, there is always too many people in a small space, and no privacy at all.

LopRacer
LopRacer Reader
2/14/12 5:07 p.m.

I have done cube duty in the past, I could not stand it. I am now at the ripe old age of 40 a middle grade school bus mechanic with my office being a 40 foot long bus repair bay and/or a F250 pickup truck. I see the people in cubes and feel a bit sorry for them as they are like animals in a cage. At least that is how I felt when I was a cube resident.

mtn
mtn PowerDork
6/21/12 2:50 p.m.

Re-opening the thread.

Just got a "cube" job. Official position is "Seasonal Employee", which basically means intern. Only they didn't have space for all of us. So we were put into a small room with a long desk and eight dividers. My chair barely fits in between the dividers.

The girl who works two slots over will giggle every ten minutes or so. Sounds like a horse neighing. Really makes me want to punch her. Then every so often, she'll just say "Lilly Monster" in a baby voice, and I'll know that she's looking at her dumb little Yorkie (I don't like Yorkies).

And now, she is looking at a Mustang catalog: "OMG! They have these little door plates that you can customize with your name and they light up! Oh. Em. Gee."

She wants to put pink lourves on the side windows. The car is maroon. Arg.

Often though--at least 2-3 days a week--I'll spend the day with the people that I actually work with, taking somebody's desk who is in a meeting. When that happens, my cube-mates are pretty awesome.

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
6/21/12 3:05 p.m.
Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
6/21/12 3:07 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6jKceeQGnM

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
6/21/12 3:10 p.m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
6/21/12 3:10 p.m.

Just some ideas for ya...

slantvaliant
slantvaliant Dork
6/21/12 3:17 p.m.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
6/21/12 5:11 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote:
stanger_missle wrote: Offutt? Was there for 8.5 years...
I've heard people manage to escape, but I thought that was only legend.

ROFL! Now I get the Gen'l Turgidson avatar!

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
6/23/12 2:47 a.m.

Hahaha i feel your pain! I posted a thread up recently about the guy i shared an office with...i hated him. He annoyed me to the point I couldnt get E36 M3 for work done. But keep your head up...my dude got fired and now I have my own office :) Best of luck! You could always frame him...haha jk (although I fantasized about doing that)

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
6/23/12 2:49 a.m.
CLNSC3 wrote: Hahaha i feel your pain! I posted a thread up recently about the guy i shared an office with...i hated him. He annoyed me to the point I couldnt get E36 M3 for work done. But keep your head up...my dude got fired and now I have my own office :) Best of luck! You could always frame him...haha jk (although I fantasized about doing that)

Oh and i will add that I bought an "annoyatron" as recommended by somebody here. He didnt even notice it, on any setting! I ended up turning the volume to MAX and it only annoyed me! Everybody else I tried it on freaked out though...

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/8c52/

jere
jere Reader
6/23/12 4:32 a.m.

In reply to CLNSC3:

I have used those before too, I don't know how anyone could miss the beeping? Maybe he just isn't responding to it even though he might hear it (could also just be stupid). I worked with 45 year old guy, used to be some elite army ranger he had a degree for something to do with CNC machines and he was completely computer illiterate. It was to the point he couldn't go 10 minutes without asking for help for something I just showed him 10 minutes prior, and for months! Anyways I had two simultaneous annoyatrons going in different spots going for 8 hours at a time for a week straight. Finally I gave up and asked "don't you hear that annoying beeping?!" he said yeah "it's probably just one of the computers" and went back to what he was doing (just standing and staring at the computer in front of him). I think he must have been huffing agent orange back in the day or something

And if you guys think cubicles are bad you should try driving taxi. Instead of just being annoying, the people in the small space next to try to barter, cheat, steal from you and at times much much worse

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pLg5O49bKw6fs8ehH2iUpwxTnxlBs3CNm9jRxCGRAXfTR864SzAHRVWki4gJTZbv