Wayslow
Wayslow Dork
5/3/23 8:09 a.m.

Number 2 daughter is considering pursuing her PhD  at UNT in Denton. 
 What are her options for housing? Are there neighbourhoods to avoid? Would she be better off moving further away from the campus and commuting? She'll be taking her husky with her so wherever she ends up it has to be dog friendly.
 Her income will be $26k plus a few small bursaries and scholarships. Total will likely be under $35k. 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/4/23 7:24 p.m.

Denton is the Austin of North TX.  It's safe for and adored by college students.  There are no major trouble areas that stuff is far away in Dallas.  There are plenty of apartments in Denton and houses.  Sadly housing is scarce due to all the people moving to TX.  If you need really detailed info I have a friend that lives there.  I used to work there.  It may be best to find an apartment to rent a few months before classes start to avoid the new college year rush IMO.  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
5/4/23 7:29 p.m.

When my son went to UCI they had grad student housing.  Is that an option?  

Of course he lived in Irvine, CA and housing was nutty.  They even had faculty housing.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/14/23 9:50 a.m.

People in high school were really enthusiastic for my sister to check out that school. They were all the time yelling at her "See UNT!"

elinorholka1
elinorholka1 New Reader
5/19/23 11:34 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

This is funny))

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tmdTpbwHR9C6ix63mmNBkCqS0ABbgYs111FppE8kIndAa2B7DEZQa8vCQkc3XYYH