1 2
Ironwill8282
Ironwill8282
9/1/11 7:35 p.m.

Hello, I know you guys have your own GT5 league but I figured you wouldn;t mind me posting for mine. :)

The Virtual Racing Organization has been created to provide a place for people that have a passion for motorsport to test their racing skills online in a fun and competitive environment. The VRO currently uses Gran Turismo 5 for Playstation 3.

We've just created our first race series, the VW Cup.

If you're interested please visit: www.virtualracing.webs.com

Thanks

Graefin10
Graefin10 HalfDork
9/3/11 8:04 p.m.

In reply to Ironwill8282:

The Problem is that the GRM Racing League already runs on Wed. night. If you can change the night I'll enter and there's a good chance that some of the other GRM members would.

Ironwill8282
Ironwill8282 New Reader
9/11/11 10:55 p.m.

First off, I'm sorry about the scheduling issue. We can't do anything to reschedule the VW Cup but we do have a Corvette Challenge that will run on Tuesday nights at 8pm EST. Info for it is now posted on the site.

Soon we will have a championship with Group C cars available as well. I'm not sure what day of the week that will run on quite yet but I know it wont be Wednesday.

Thanks for your interest

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/12/11 11:36 a.m.

^ what Graefin said

sweet if my internet cooperates for the race nights i'll be in! The Corvette Challenge is pretty much like we did.

Ironwill8282
Ironwill8282 New Reader
9/12/11 7:45 p.m.

Cool, I'll get both of you guys in the drivers list for the Corvette Challenge on the site. I hope I didn't step on any GRM toes, maybe i should have checked your guys race thread before I posted on here lol.

Ironwill8282
Ironwill8282 New Reader
2/2/12 11:05 a.m.

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to be rescheduling the VW Cup for Thursday nights at 8pm EST. Wednesdays was conflicting with too many peoples schedules including my own. I have class from 9am to 10pm on Wednesdays now :0 so Wednesday doesnt really work out too well for me either, lol. Not that we really had that many people signed up anyway. But, I hope to see some new people sign up with our new time slot. I'll be updating the website shortly. If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me. The series will start once we get enough people signed up.

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
2/2/12 11:59 a.m.

I am busy Tuesday nights 90% of the time, but not until 6:20 (9:20 Eastern). Do you think we would be done by then? I would likely not be able to start until 8:15 (EST) either, but if you do 20 min of qualifying that might work (I don't mind starting from the back and avoiding the CF in the first corner).

Let us know when it starts, I will see if I can pop in.

Is this the exact Vette we used for the Vette series? A lot of people hated that car (probably more the tire restrictions though), I kind of liked it, had a good amount of throttle steer.

Hey, I am always into self-punishment, so if you ever do a no aids Cobra street tire series , I am totally there!!

Ironwill8282
Ironwill8282 New Reader
2/2/12 2:20 p.m.

The Vette series is kind of on hold until I can get the VW Cup up and running. There is a 20 min quali before the races so the race wouldnt actually start until 8:20pm. If you miss quali it's no big deal. Starting from the back is always fun anyway.

Graefin10
Graefin10 Dork
2/2/12 3:16 p.m.

In reply to Ironwill8282:

Sounds good Ironwill. Get word to us when you're ready to start the series. I'll be there on Thursday night if possible.

Ironwill8282
Ironwill8282 New Reader
2/2/12 3:23 p.m.

Cool, I'd like to get this thing going. I'm going to post on some other forums to see if I can drum up interest.

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
2/2/12 3:29 p.m.

I might take a shot at Thursday (no guarantee) if it is works out. Not a huge fan of wrong wheel drive cars, but I did win our FWD series (having a 400+hp car helped a lot), so I do have a history of beating Grea in FWD cars

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
2/2/12 3:32 p.m.

I'd be interested... not entirely sure i can make every race, but i'm willing to give it a shot.

Ironwill8282
Ironwill8282 New Reader
2/2/12 4:49 p.m.

Just head to the site and sign up if you're interested. Once you sign up and let me know that you want in I'll get your name added to the driver list.

I know it can be tough to make every race, that's why I try to keep the schedule short. With a short season we can reset the points often so it's not too big of a deal if you miss the race.

www.virtualracing.webs.com

grinch77
grinch77 Reader
2/3/12 1:01 p.m.

just signed up Tuesday nights or Thursday night work great for me.

Graefin10
Graefin10 Dork
2/3/12 1:41 p.m.
aircooled wrote: I might take a shot at Thursday (no guarantee) if it is works out. Not a huge fan of wrong wheel drive cars, but I did win our FWD series (having a 400+hp car helped a lot), so I do have a history of beating Grea in FWD cars

Don't forget about Suzuka.

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
2/3/12 4:16 p.m.

I will remember what I choose to remember sir!

Graefin10
Graefin10 Dork
2/4/12 4:31 a.m.
aircooled wrote: I will remember what I choose to remember sir!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mmmmm, yes . . . yes, I believe you will.

Sorry Ironwill, got carried away.

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/4/12 2:34 p.m.

I'm in.....again lol

Ironwill8282
Ironwill8282 New Reader
2/15/12 11:57 a.m.

I'll be posting the VW Cup dates and times a little later on today.

Ironwill8282
Ironwill8282 New Reader
2/20/12 1:02 a.m.

The first race for the VW Cup is this Monday at 9:00pm EST.

There is still time to sign up if you are interested.

Ironwill8282
Ironwill8282 New Reader
2/20/12 4:57 p.m.

3 hours until race time :)

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Dork
2/20/12 4:58 p.m.

I gotta buy another PS3. My copy of GT5 is just sitting gathering dust.

nicksta43
nicksta43 Reader
2/20/12 5:22 p.m.

WTH I'm in.

nicksta43
nicksta43 Reader
2/20/12 5:53 p.m.

I've registered on the site. Hopefully Will gets my info before race time.

grinch77
grinch77 Reader
2/20/12 9:42 p.m.

Well I got my ass handed to me..not sure what happened was turning 1:26 when practicing ended up being about 1:00 behind car was pushing like a school bus also.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
buIYRntBdRMBZAjgXl8ZqH5FVtRCqEEsK8OkeiXJAYAUc4UjwKinOHfX1XfHJENz