BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/31/19 3:49 p.m.

That'll be the Metal festival in Northern Germany, which starts tomorrow.

Not going myself, but like in past years, there's a live stream of most, if not all of the acts: https://stream.wacken.com/

Usually you can also catch a lot of the sets on YouTube after a while.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/31/19 4:04 p.m.

I've watched several acra that have hit YouTube. I would enjoy it. Except I generally dont enjoy festivals. 

BoxheadTim
7/31/19 4:05 p.m.

Well, I'm not a big fan of camping, especially in mud. A cousin of mine actually lives pretty close but not close enough.

As my wife puts it, primitive camping for me is a 2 1/2 star hotel.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/31/19 4:08 p.m.
BoxheadTim said:

Well, I'm not a big fan of camping, especially in mud. A cousin of mine actually lives pretty close but not close enough.

I'm right there with you friend. We did not invent mattresses to sleep in the dirt. The last festival I went to was Ozzfest many many moons ago- and the best part was leaving. Granted I had an awd car at the time so it made the mud REALLY funny for me (Why is there always mud? There is ALWAYS mud!) but I like things like, electricity, and AC, and maybe even WiFi. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
7/31/19 6:11 p.m.
BoxheadTim said:

Same here. Plus, most festivals, I'm not paying a bunch of money for outdoor sound and a bunch of other bands I don't care about.

BoxheadTim
8/1/19 7:39 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

I kinda like festivals like this because it allows me to discover new music. But I'd still have to drink a lot of beer to get over the mud or outdoor sound.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
8/1/19 12:39 p.m.

Alright, that is pretty slick.

slefain
slefain PowerDork
8/2/19 12:45 p.m.

So far today I've already watched Body Count, Anthrax, and now Within Temptation. This is pretty damn cool, thanks for making us aware of it Tim.

Jordan Rimpela
Jordan Rimpela Digital Editor
8/2/19 1:45 p.m.

I have a friend in Dresden who goes to Wacken every year. I definitely couldn't do it. 

BoxheadTim
8/2/19 1:59 p.m.

In reply to slefain :

You're welcome.

Wife & I just watched the Within Temptation set. We've both seen them live at different occasions but not since the new album came out. Really liked it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ukrXaQujMcGZdu6V08ZEP9GNS9XocOXAlMNkkyPmzwjoSzhPWSBp68XUdhWLiGpL