hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/19/17 9:18 p.m.

In the last episode I was pretty sure that father Gabriel drove away in what really looked like an MX63 (82-84) Cressida. This episode confirmed it and damn is it in nice shape! Way better then mine. Theirs actually runs.

Anybody else geek over this?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/19/17 10:49 p.m.

But dose he slam it, add an external oil cooler and Takeda exhaust out the back?

wae
wae Dork
2/19/17 11:16 p.m.

Which brings me to a question that I've been meaning to ask.. (Sorry for thread jacking)

What's the deal with the oil cooler and its lines being mounted in that fashion? Isn't that a stone's throw away from being a sudden loss of oil pressure in the messiest fashion you could possibly engineer? And those lines hanging out seem intensely sketchy. I mean, is it supposed to look cool? Or is it just "I want cooler oil temps, but doing things right is hard"?

I offer the following as an apology for the rant:

jsquared
jsquared HalfDork
2/20/17 6:02 a.m.

In reply to wae:

It was done that way in some 60's and 70's Japanese touring cars because there wasn't enough room under the hood or behind the grill, so they ran some like through a headlight hole and mounted the oil cooler externally. Then the bosozoku started doing it with their exaggerated cartoon cars, then stance kiddies started copying it with longer and looser lines. Like most things stance kiddies do, it's dumb and anti-functional.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
2/20/17 12:20 p.m.

Speaking of TWD, how'd everyone like the Smokey and the Bandit Easter egg last night?

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
2/20/17 1:21 p.m.
jsquared wrote: In reply to wae: It was done that way in some 60's and 70's Japanese touring cars because there wasn't enough room under the hood or behind the grill, so they ran some like through a headlight hole and mounted the oil cooler externally. Then the bosozoku started doing it with their exaggerated cartoon cars, then stance kiddies started copying it with longer and looser lines. Like most things stance kiddies do, it's dumb and anti-functional.

im sure it does cool the oil so i wouldnt say it's anti-functional, its just a terrible way of doing it

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/20/17 8:21 p.m.
slantvaliant wrote: Speaking of TWD, how'd everyone like the Smokey and the Bandit Easter egg last night?

Glad someone else saw that. They are filming in GA afterall.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Dork
2/20/17 9:16 p.m.
slantvaliant wrote: Speaking of TWD, how'd everyone like the Smokey and the Bandit Easter egg last night?

I saw that too but my friends were clueless about it They are young (late 20's) and has never seen the Smokey and the Bandit movie. Damn, it makes me feel old.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar UltraDork
2/20/17 9:33 p.m.
Sine_Qua_Non wrote:
I saw that too but my friends were clueless about it They are young (late 20's) and has never seen the Smokey and the Bandit movie. Damn, it makes me feel old.

Rick also used a Radio Shack TRS 80 ("Trash 80") computer to fight Windslow in the trash heap. I thought that was a nice touch. I'm sure the 20-somethings wouldn't know what that was either.

hobiercr
2/21/17 9:11 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: But dose he slam it, add an external oil cooler and Takeda exhaust out the back?

That is an MX83 NOT an MX63. This is an unaltered MX63. The MX63 uses the 5mge 2.8L I6 engine and has black rubber bumper covers. The MX83 sports the 7mge 3.0L I6 engine and has body colored bumpers.

I like them best in white with the tan interior.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/21/17 9:12 a.m.

TIL that people know the body codes for Cressidas.

hobiercr
2/21/17 9:16 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote:
Glad someone else saw that. They are filming in GA afterall.

I caught that right away too. My issue is that they're supposed to be in VA, right (in the show, not filming)? Does the Bandit go above the Mason Dixon line? It would have been more classic if there had been a clapped Thunderchicken TA nearby.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UberDork
2/21/17 9:53 a.m.

Ok, so two weeks ago there was a black Trans Am on the highway when they had the Zombie Clothesline scene, and now, the Snowman's trailer. I've figured it out.

RICK IS THE BANDIT.

Think about it. He's been going on fetch quests here and there for Negan and the dude that plays Trevor on GTA V (aka Big Enos and Little Enos) and now, he's got Daryl (aka Snowman) trying to scare up a group to fight for him in secret while he's "running blocker".

Genius!!!!

But who is Sheriff Buford T. Justice in this scenario?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/21/17 10:10 a.m.
Sine_Qua_Non wrote:

You do know that the movie's 40 years old? That means that anyone under 45 has a very legitimate reason not to have seen it - and that means roughly 60% of the US population.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
2/21/17 11:04 a.m.

Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
2/21/17 12:53 p.m.
SilverFleet wrote: Ok, so two weeks ago there was a black Trans Am on the highway when they had the Zombie Clothesline scene, and now, the Snowman's trailer. I've figured it out. RICK IS THE BANDIT. Think about it. He's been going on fetch quests here and there for Negan and the dude that plays Trevor on GTA V (aka Big Enos and Little Enos) and now, he's got Daryl (aka Snowman) trying to scare up a group to fight for him in secret while he's "running blocker". Genius!!!! But who is Sheriff Buford T. Justice in this scenario?

The walkers of course. They chase and chase, but never quite catch Rick.

slantvaliant
slantvaliant UltraDork
2/21/17 1:03 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: You do know that the movie's 40 years old? That means that anyone under 45 has a very legitimate reason not to have seen it - and that means roughly 60% of the US population.

It's on one channel or the other at least once a week. No excuse.

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
2/21/17 1:19 p.m.

Maybe the next crap can organization could do only cars in the walking dead

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GAaCOPPJOW4zQgZ35kkHG2U33eHGSqTFgOc0P8NEPUH9oSPcL9NQIS2dknHtSp0v