1 ... 4 5 6
Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
4/22/14 12:55 p.m.

I couldn't stand Anchorman 1. Something about Will Ferrell in anything but Elf that I can't stand.

aircooled
aircooled UltimaDork
4/22/14 1:03 p.m.
Ashyukun wrote: ...Keep meaning to rent Iron Sky- after all the movies SWMBO has been insisting I watch it's about time I start throwing some her way....

It fits in well here. Really just a pretty bad movie. It seems like it might be an interesting premise, but it really just doesn't work well. I think its similar to the difference between what makes a video game plot good and what makes a movie plot good. The movie tends towards goofy, but really, how ridiculous would a serious movie about space Nazi's be?

One of the interesting things about is is that the effects are actually pretty decent in it. In the past I am sure they would have pretty trashy. Evidence of how cheap effects are these days I am sure.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
4/22/14 1:04 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
93EXCivic wrote: Worst movies I have paid to see recently, Gravity and Man of Steel. Both of them sucked. Terrible movies I have watched that I knew were bad, Nude Nuns with Big Guns, Zombie Strippers, basically anything by Troma Movies I hate that lots of people like for some reason Fight Club, Napoleon Dynamite
I thought Man of Steel was decent.

To me, it just seemed like let's use at my special effects as possible and preferable ones to try to make everyone as dizzy as possible, combine it with some E36 M3ty acting and then destroy the world with berkeleying dubstep.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
4/22/14 1:31 p.m.

'Face/Off' sucked. There. I guess half of it is Nicholas Cage is a terrible actor, the only thing I liked him in was 'Raising Arizona'. The ONLY thing that saved 'Ghost Rider' for me was Sam Elliott and (strangely) Peter Fonda, the only other thing he's done that I liked was 'Easy Rider'.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/22/14 2:56 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote:
Swank Force One wrote:
93EXCivic wrote: Worst movies I have paid to see recently, Gravity and Man of Steel. Both of them sucked. Terrible movies I have watched that I knew were bad, Nude Nuns with Big Guns, Zombie Strippers, basically anything by Troma Movies I hate that lots of people like for some reason Fight Club, Napoleon Dynamite
I thought Man of Steel was decent.
To me, it just seemed like let's use at my special effects as possible and preferable ones to try to make everyone as dizzy as possible, combine it with some E36 M3ty acting and then destroy the world with berkeleying dubstep.

Kindof hard to have a superhero movie about someone who comes from another galaxy and has superhuman abilities without lots and lots of special effects.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
4/22/14 2:57 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

Truf. It's like a chick flick without a rain-kiss scene. It's just not possible.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
4/22/14 3:37 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
93EXCivic wrote:
Swank Force One wrote:
93EXCivic wrote: Worst movies I have paid to see recently, Gravity and Man of Steel. Both of them sucked. Terrible movies I have watched that I knew were bad, Nude Nuns with Big Guns, Zombie Strippers, basically anything by Troma Movies I hate that lots of people like for some reason Fight Club, Napoleon Dynamite
I thought Man of Steel was decent.
To me, it just seemed like let's use at my special effects as possible and preferable ones to try to make everyone as dizzy as possible, combine it with some E36 M3ty acting and then destroy the world with berkeleying dubstep.
Kindof hard to have a superhero movie about someone who comes from another galaxy and has superhuman abilities without lots and lots of special effects.

Good point. I am not wild about superhero movies generally but I didn't hate Thor.

stroker
stroker Dork
4/22/14 3:41 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote:
Jerry wrote: Some would call this a "bad" movie, I think it's awesome even today. I saw it was on Netflix instant & watched it last night.
Agreed. Great satire of almost every action movie made.

"You know, tar actually sticks to some people..."

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/22/14 4:08 p.m.

One of my favorite "bad" movies: Over the top and ridiculous but loads of stupid fun with bonus points for Avery Brooks as a mob boss.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
4/22/14 9:17 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: Everything about Will Ferrell I can't stand.

FTFY.

Oh, at my suggestion we watched Troll Hunter tonight. My wife fell asleep. It was good, but fell pretty far short of great. Except now O want to go to Norway.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/9/19 4:16 p.m.

Zombie thread, canoe deleted 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
4/9/19 8:30 p.m.

Seems coincidental that this thread gets zombied to the front page, and I'm watching "Raising Arizona".

slefain
slefain PowerDork
4/9/19 9:02 p.m.

Eh, zombie canoe or not, I'll chime in. I installed the Pluto TV app on my Amazon Fire Stick. There is a MST3K channel and a RiffTrax channel. I pretty much bounce between the two for hours. No better way to catch up on horrible cinema than with the MST3K team. I am enjoying it way too much.

Push the button Frank...

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/10/19 11:45 a.m.

I watch bad movies all the time.  I have Roku.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/10/19 1:02 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

Seems coincidental that this thread gets zombied to the front page, and I'm watching "Raising Arizona".

[angry voice]

You aren't implying Raising Arizona is a bad movie.... ARE YOU!!!

NickD
NickD PowerDork
4/10/19 3:30 p.m.

I watched Star Trek V: The Final Frontier a few days ago for the first time. It was pretty E36 M3.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/10/19 4:57 p.m.

Range 15.

One if the greatest bad movies i have seen in recent years. And i LOVE really E36 M3ty movies.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
5/23/19 4:49 p.m.
NickD said:

I watched Star Trek V: The Final Frontier a few days ago for the first time. It was pretty E36 M3.

I enjoyed the argument Sheldon and Raj on Big Bang had about whether Star Trek one or five was the worst...  They both made good arguments.

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
5/23/19 6:39 p.m.

The Super Troopers sequal was a bummer.

stroker
stroker UltraDork
5/28/19 8:49 p.m.

I've been collecting movies on my Amazon wish list forever.  I finally broke down and allowed myself to buy TWO of the dozens I had on the list.  After much deliberation I bought "Sunshine" based on reviews I'd see online of it being one of the most underrated SciFi movies of late.  Received it and watched it.  What dreck.  Jeebus the plot was telegraphed a mile away.  Special effects weren't bad, but damn I was disappointed. 

Will
Will UltraDork
5/28/19 9:08 p.m.

China Salesman.

Shockingly, a movie with Mike Tyson and Steven Seagal is bad. But you can't understand just how  bad it is until you see it. Chinese state media hasn't quite mastered the art of making propaganda subtle.

 

chandler
chandler PowerDork
5/29/19 5:09 p.m.

I don’t think I’ve ever thumbs up’d so many 6 year old posts before!

 

The Hitmans Bodyguard, wow...it could have been good but just never quite got there.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/29/19 5:16 p.m.

I find most movies to be pretty freaking bad. And not in a fun campy B horror kind of bad, in a "who do I need to talk to about getting the 90 minutes of my life I wasted on this back" kind of bad. 

Maybe if they'd finally stop trying to put a love story or some garbage pseudo political message in every single thing I would have a different opinion. 

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
71RucCRp0RKcihVD86Bw8vuORmR5xO9JA0BGuRnkZKSGGI81EdaIsfU8JFTZhfAh