Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/10/08 6:23 p.m.

So, here's the story... Last summer, I sold my Jeep on e-Bay. The winning bidder turned out to be a business that supplies vehicles for movies and music videos. At first, I thought it might be a scammer, but I checked out the company and everything seemed legit. The transaction went smoothly and professionally and they sent a flatbed from a couple of states away to pick up the Jeep. When the driver showed up, I asked him about the company and he said that he delivered cars for them all the time. He told me that they needed the Jeep for a movie called "The Happening", which was to begin filming in two weeks. I wrote down the name, figured that it would be some low budget, straight-to-video piece of E36 M3 that I would pick up at Blockbuster someday. Then, about a week ago, I began seeing an obviously big-budget TV commercial for "The Happening" by M. Night Shyamalan.

Here's a link to the trailer (the Jeep makes its debut at the 1:51 mark. Don't blink!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fwccFTJIdo

The movie opens Friday the 13th.

JThw8
JThw8 Dork
6/10/08 6:55 p.m.

That is very cool in a bizzare kinda way

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/10/08 7:11 p.m.

No way, your Jeep is in a movie with Marky Mark. That's too cool.

Wowak
Wowak Dork
6/10/08 7:42 p.m.

Hah, I just noticed that the new trailer included the totaling of a Jeep. Small world.

Volksroddin
Volksroddin New Reader
6/10/08 7:43 p.m.

well tree VS jeep. tree:1 jeep:0 but it did get to go off road so that is like, a +3 becouse it's a jeep(thing hahaha).but thats pretty cool that your jeep was a movie. my old VW bus was in the movie "friend and lover's" never saw it but oddly enough I traded it for a parts jeep for a friend.

Woodyhfd
Woodyhfd GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/10/08 8:26 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: No way, your Jeep is in a movie with Marky Mark. That's too cool.

Um...yeah, I wasn't gonna mention that part.

cwh
cwh New Reader
6/10/08 8:31 p.m.

I worked on a couple of movies, including Bad Boys. It's unbelieveable what they do to cars. When they are through, they sell them off. You do NOT want one of them!!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/10/08 8:59 p.m.
Woodyhfd wrote:
David S. Wallens wrote: No way, your Jeep is in a movie with Marky Mark. That's too cool.
Um...yeah, I wasn't gonna mention that part.

I have to say, though, he deserves huge credit for totally turning around a career. I saw his football movie on a plane a while back, and it was an enjoyable flick.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/10/08 10:40 p.m.

That's pretty damn cool. And, it opens on Friday 13th, which is also cool.

That's like two cool

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb Reader
6/10/08 10:45 p.m.
cwh wrote: I worked on a couple of movies, including Bad Boys.

Lots of cool cars in the original bad boys Ferrari, cobra etc!

Jeff

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/11/08 12:27 a.m.

Who woulda thunk that Marky Mark and the Fresh Prince would become big-bank movie stars?

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/11/08 6:01 a.m.
Keith wrote: Who woulda thunk that Marky Mark and the Fresh Prince would become big-bank movie stars?

And that Tom Hanks couldn't act his way out of a nut sack [/Cartman]

Purplehaze
Purplehaze New Reader
6/11/08 7:23 a.m.

Dang. Now I'm gonna have to rent one of Shammalammadingdong's gimpy movies just so I can see woodyhfd's Jeep.

Keith said:Who woulda thunk that Marky Mark and the Fresh Prince would become big-bank movie stars?

And where the heck did Travolta come back from for that matter?

confuZion3
confuZion3 Reader
6/11/08 7:51 a.m.

Yeah. I might actually go to see the movie now. My girlfriend wants to go, and I think I said I would. Now I can be excited about it.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand Dork
6/11/08 7:58 a.m.

Dude, your jeep's famous! I wonder if it'll get any major screen time, or just get wrecked in 10 seconds like the DB7/9/whatever in the last James Bond?

bluej
bluej GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/11/08 10:35 a.m.

that was weak sauce. although, you've reminded me that i got the dvd as a gift. i think i should check out the extra features to see if they have more footage, thanks.

edit: this was in reference to the lack of new aston car footage in the last bond flick.

Kramer
Kramer New Reader
6/11/08 10:41 a.m.

I saw that wreck scene on TV this past weekend. Cool.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
6/11/08 9:17 p.m.

Cool!

My oldest brother makes a (very small and unplanned) cameo in 'Sugarland Express'. There's a shot with Goldie Hawn in a limo, if you watch the background you see a Pinto cross the street behind the limo. That's my brother Rod and one of his buds from Texas. The story goes that the local constabulary had the cross streets blocked and they ran the blockade.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4zrJ4I6wtR8CapLVcTwEuDZw0qy7ShGorQ16JuPaW4zwxrV11ChYkRQywX9Xn7MO