02Pilot
02Pilot SuperDork
10/9/18 12:39 p.m.

Trying to figure out why my parents' Culligan water softener isn't doing its thing, specifically not regenerating. So far I've broken up the ginormous salt block that had formed in the brine tank and pulled the readily accessible access points of the head - this allowed me to clean a heavily clogged screen filter and confirm that at least part of the thing is now clear and open. When I manually tell it to regenerate (it's a digital LCD control unit) I can hear a brief hiss as water pressure goes somewhere in the head, but after that nothing. Something's clearly still blocked, but I'm not sure what. Next step is to disconnect the plumbing and get at the back of the head - there's at least one access cover for something back there. Any suggestions as to things I'm missing or possible culprits? Thanks.

RealMiniNoMore
RealMiniNoMore PowerDork
10/9/18 12:57 p.m.

Culligan? Is it one of their rental units? Call the Culligan man, and let him deal with it. That's the beauty of the rental (as expensive as it is...) - he'll fix it for free. 

02Pilot
02Pilot SuperDork
10/9/18 2:45 p.m.

The beauty of fixing it myself is that I don't have to deal with contacting, scheduling, explaining, etc. I have no idea if it's a rental or not.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4LDNSzAZiUT5vCcmP7wSmUuv0Lc8JsiqdWel0Bjk9OG5yLiOxGGojCPZmc46AsP7