1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 27
Gary
Gary UltraDork
3/13/20 6:54 p.m.

Friday night. Normally we would've gone out to dinner (as we do just about every night of the week). But for the next couple weeks we're planning to eat at home. Bought provisions today, split a ginormous steak for dinner, and now enjoying a bottle of Haut Medoc in front of our fireplace. Well, I'm drinking this spectacular wine. Annie is drinking some sort of white wine.

johndej
johndej HalfDork
3/13/20 6:57 p.m.

I'd normally just post this on the meme thread but it might fit better here...

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/20/20 11:28 p.m.

Bump.

I'm about 9 Guinness in.  Now I have hickups and I'm sure the E36 M3s tomorrow.   

Oh well.  Drink up if you got an.  E36 M3s getting real.

Eff this corona virus.  I wanna hang out with my friends (said the introvert).

Gary
Gary UltraDork
3/27/20 1:51 p.m.

Nice early spring day here in SoNE. Just finished a few hours of yard work and it's now time for my reward. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/27/20 1:55 p.m.

Ill join you in a minute...

Ah Guinness!  You and your buddies are the only people I'm allowed to hang out with.  Lolzers.

java230
java230 UberDork
3/27/20 1:59 p.m.

Somehow I just stumbled into this thread.

Working from home under quarantine.....

Gary
Gary UltraDork
3/27/20 4:21 p.m.

Now switched to wine because it's after 5:00. My backyard lawn is a mess from grub worms last fall. Another issue that'll need to be addressed this spring. But right now? Meh, I don't care.

Annie pointed out that in this pic I didn't cast a shadow. She was standing next to me and she did. Am I a vampire?

Gary
Gary UltraDork
3/27/20 4:29 p.m.

java230 said:

"Somehow I just stumbled into this thread."

Brilliant! Perfect contribution to the OP's OP. (Go back and read it).

"bravenrace" would be pleased!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/27/20 4:36 p.m.

This reminds me. I need to disinfect my insides. Whiskey shall do. 

java230
java230 UberDork
3/27/20 5:47 p.m.

In reply to Gary :

Ah I see what I inadvertently did there.....

Coffee is for work right?

Gary
Gary UltraDork
3/27/20 5:56 p.m.

Our son just texted this to us. He's not a forum member but he's enjoying this nice Spring evening as well as being into the spirit of imbibing on Friday evenings. (I love the fieldstone firepit he built).

He's drinking a hazy IPA from local craft brewery "Tilted Barn."

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/27/20 5:57 p.m.

Whatever happened to Bravenrace (OP)? I hope he is still with us as he had some health issues, I believe.

84FSP
84FSP SuperDork
3/27/20 6:38 p.m.

A delicious Hefe for the evening.  Cheers gents.

java230
java230 UberDork
3/28/20 3:55 p.m.

The local brewery is doing online orders and meeting you at the door for take out. Good stuff! 

Gary
Gary UltraDork
4/3/20 10:32 p.m.

Quiet evening at home in our sun room. It's late in the evening. We have wine. We have vodka. We have Famous Grouse scotch. I'm drinking a nice Cotes du Rhone red. Annie is drinking a local white blend from Newport Vineyards. The Gov. has asked us to remain confined to home unless it's for food or emergency. (I presume that more alcohol if necessary would be considered an emergency). But we're OK. We hope everyone else here is OK.

BTW, I've been in contact with the OP.  He is still among the living ... a good thing. His life priorities have changed over the past couple years, so that's why we haven't heard from him lately. Good luck and best wishes to him. I intend to keep this Friday thread going until he's ready to come back. Cheers, bravenrace!

Listening to Kevin Kern

(It may be late in the evening, but since the State of RI is pretty much shut down, we can't do anything tomorrow. So we will sleep really late and be lazy).

Gary
Gary UltraDork
4/10/20 9:01 p.m.

Friday night. I have long hair and three weeks of facial hair. And the t-shirt is too big because I've lost 40 pounds. (The facial hair is my choice for now and the weight loss is over the past couple years, but whatever laugh). Cheers! I was enjoying a wee bit of The Famous Grouse when Annie took this pic earlier this evening. I'm now drinking Bordeaux. So what's in your glass?

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/10/20 10:20 p.m.

I found a place in Mexico that does to go margaritas...

Gary
Gary UltraDork
4/10/20 10:39 p.m.

Definition of "bonus," from Merriam Webster:

"Something in addition to what is expected or strictly due"

So I thought the night was done. I turned the lights off, lowered the heat, and was on my way to bed. But I discovered a half glass of Bordeaux remaining in the carafe. So, well, I couldn't leave that until tomorrow ...

java230
java230 UberDork
4/10/20 11:04 p.m.

Multiple fantastic micro brew today. I think the Raspberry Pucker was the best. Great little raspberry infused sour. 

Gary
Gary UltraDork
4/17/20 10:30 p.m.

Cheers. Happy Friday.

I already posted this same pic on another thread here tonight. Is double dipping allowed? And it looks similar to a pic I posted here a couple or so weeks ago. That's because I'm sitting in my favorite chair in my favorite room. Well, my favorite room when I'm sitting in it. I have other favorite rooms when I'm sitting in them. What's different here is the vino. It's a California cab, not a Bordeaux. I seem to have drank (or is that drunk? yes... "have drunk" is correct in past perfect tensesmiley) my three cases of Bordeaux I bought just before this lock down began. I scooted out this afternoon to the liquor store, which we're allowed to do wearing masks, and bought a few bottles of this. But next week I'm going to get serious again and pick up more Bordeaux and Cotes du Rhone.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
5/1/20 4:15 p.m.

Happy Friday. 

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/1/20 7:55 p.m.

I have no booze pics to offer but I've taken to playing this 11 second YouTube video the moment I sign off on Friday's...

Flintstones Whistle Blowing

I'm mostly working from home so, as is typically the case for people in my situation, the line of delineation between work time and private time has become blurred to the point of irrelevance but still, it's comforting to know you're outside of traditional on-call hours.

Whatever, I crank the volume to 11 and hit the go-go button the instant my last meeting on Friday's has finished; consider doing the same.

Added later...

To be clear, I'm honored to work for the company that I do...I'm being treating very well...I understand that we're "at-bat" so giving a true 100% is fundamental to basic, universal human decency / compassion and I'm not losing my E36 M3 (would I know if I was???).  But, but, blowing that sweeeet 5:00 PM whistle is incredibly satisfying - incredibly satisfying. 

Here's what I'm doing...

De Loach 2016 Chardonnay (Russian River Valley)

Depending on when and where you buy it, it's a ~$20 bottle...my pallet is in-capable of detecting anything much better. 

PMRacing
PMRacing GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/2/20 9:28 p.m.

The wifey requested margaritas tonight and had a zoom video with a bunch of friends. We had 3 big glasses each. Finished those then split a bottle of wine.  Oh boy...i'm going to feel this in the a.m.

Margarita Pitcher

2 cups Tequila

1 cup triple sec

14 juiced limes

about 8 teaspoons sugar

3 cups ice cubes

Very tasty and quite strong....

Gary
Gary UltraDork
5/3/20 8:17 p.m.
RX Reven' said:

De Loach 2016 Chardonnay (Russian River Valley)

Depending on when and where you buy it, it's a ~$20 bottle...my pallet is in-capable of detecting anything much better. 

I agree. I know what I like with red, and I can find that under $12. But regardless of color, I've tasted some very expensive stuff (well, my value meter), and I can't discern the difference between a $60 Bordeaux and a $10 Touton-imported Bordeaux. But Monsieur Touton, NYC, is a very special importer, and buys the very best Euro wine for the least cost, and we French and Italian wine lovers on the East Coast appreciate that.

RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/3/20 9:03 p.m.

Hi Gary,

I invite you to do an internet search on wine assessment.

Reds are reliably ratted higher than whites…so much so that whites which have had red food coloring added to them and then presented to the “experts” in blind studies, statistically significantly outperform what they actually are and even penetrate into the reds. i.e, a mid-level white faking as a red, often out preforms an actual, mid-level red.

It’s all a big joke, just figure out what YOU like and then find the lowest price provider of that.

I tend to drink whites because they pair better with the proteins I usually eat (chicken and fish) and because they have fewer biproducts (hang over drivers), and because they don’t stain your teeth, tongue, and gums.

It’s all good, drink what you like…just know that if you say I’m doing it wrong, I’ll ignore you just like all the others that have E36 M3 for brains….whites don’t have to take their hat’s off for anyone.

1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 27

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XndBbpABQDAxZuw8YnIgXBhS8rym2Swg2iYzzAVaui0EqPYl3IoajlmUCfwjSapQ