Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/6/20 9:20 p.m.

In reply to EvanB (Forum Supporter) :

That's all me.

No promises that i will not grab the bass off the wall and groove out

Pete. (l33t FS)
6/6/20 9:34 p.m.

(Narrator: He may grab the bass, but he will never fingerquote "groove out")

Gary
Gary UltraDork
6/7/20 8:25 p.m.

OK, I know it's Sunday evening, and this is supposed to be a Friday thread. But the State of RI has pretty much opened up and we're supporting our favorite restaurants:

This was our esteemed RI Gov Friday night with the protesters in Providence, not long after her daily briefing where she said we must wear masks, maintain social distancing, and limit gatherings to something like 10 people in our "close community." So here she is, no mask and no social distancing and no limited gathering. Behind her, RI State Police Colonel (supremo leader). No mask, no social distancing, no limit on gatherings. In front of her, RI Nat'l Guard 2-star General (supremo leader). No mask, no social distancing no limit on gatherings. So, as far as I'm concerned, we're back in business as usual regardless of what she tells us we must do. It's a farce.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
6/12/20 2:23 p.m.

Happy Friday, folks. I just finished mowing the lawn in 82 degree sunny weather and worked up quite a thirst. This Long Trail IPA "hit the spot." ABV 6.5%. No mention on the can of bitterness, but I estimate 40-50 IBUs, just about at my limit. In a normal world I'd be at Thompson today for the vintage weekend. But it was cancelled.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/12/20 5:34 p.m.

G&T tonight!!!  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/12/20 5:55 p.m.
dean1484 said:

G&T tonight!!!  

Have a double for me. 

Gary
Gary UltraDork
6/12/20 7:36 p.m.

On the way back to normal. Our Friday night go-to bar.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
6/15/20 7:17 p.m.

Its not Friday. But our local bar Bill's just re-opened. They re-modeled the bar and this is our first night. It's nice. We can't sit at the bar (for some dumb reason), but Kim the bartender took our pic at the side bar, where we can sit (for some dumb reason).

cdowd (Forum Supporter)
cdowd (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/15/20 7:34 p.m.

Very nice!  Good looking martini

Gary
Gary UltraDork
6/15/20 7:42 p.m.

In reply to cdowd (Forum Supporter) :

IMO, it must be Beefeater gin. Straight up. Dry. Ice on the side. Couple olives. I'd prefer the olives to be larger. 

(And the reason for the hat? My hair is too damn long to do anything with it. I tried the DeNiro look with goop gel. I hated it. My haircut appt. is Thursday, so then I'll be back to normal).

Gary
Gary UltraDork
6/19/20 2:00 p.m.

Happy Friday. Cheers!

Gary
Gary UltraDork
7/9/20 9:04 p.m.

OK. Today is Thursday. I'm prepping for Friday. I'm hoping we get some forum support on this thread for Friday Happy Hour.

Salute! Polski beer ("pivo" pronounced pee-vo)

"Beer" in English = "pivo" in Polish. Also, the English word "good" is "dobry" in Polish language. And you should roll the tongue with the letter "r" in the word dobry. So "dobry pivo" = good beer.

laugh

I'm half Polish, Annie is full Polish. We both appreciate Polish heritage and food. And we're not offended by Polish jokes.

G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter)
G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/31/20 6:37 p.m.

Semi-relevant:

Friend: "Hey I found this immaculately preserved E36 M3box, might buy it and send it up to Timmins."

Everyone: "No, don't let it rot."

Me, a pitcher of jello shots later: "E36 M3, I'll buy it."

I picked it up today. Pics soon, but it may be Cars & Bids material, if not BAT-worthy.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
7/31/20 6:55 p.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man (Forum Supporter) :

Well, it's Friday, and E36 M3 happens.

Post Shift: "There will be no working on drinking time."

Sorry, but I don't have a pils glass. I always loved ordering a pilsner draft in Wetzler, "Chermany" which I had to visit often for business. It took about ten minutes for the bartender to pour it because of  the fantastic head.

java230
java230 UberDork
7/31/20 7:43 p.m.

Happy Friday! This is great summer beer. Little sour hint, light body. Delicious. 

Gary
Gary UltraDork
7/31/20 8:18 p.m.

In reply to java230 :

I like that color! I wonder what the ingredients are.

java230
java230 UberDork
7/31/20 8:21 p.m.

In reply to Gary :

Hibiscus and Strawberry. It's tasty! 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/31/20 8:26 p.m.

willet pot still reserve and ice.  Nice...

Gary
Gary UltraDork
7/31/20 9:36 p.m.

It's a low alcohol vodka.devil

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/14/20 3:10 p.m.

Work week done!!!!

Of to a small Birthday Party for my self and a good friend (we have the same b day) that was delayed due to the recent coved adventure.  Quite stoked to be having a couple cold cocktails out on the patio with the BBQ going and the obligatory gaggle of kids all wired up on cake and ice cream!!!  Life is good.     

mjrj (Forum Supporter)
mjrj (Forum Supporter) New Reader
8/15/20 11:03 p.m.

A day late but worth it.  Still 102 at 9pm hence swimming @ night.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
8/28/20 7:04 p.m.

3:00 pm at home:

4:30 in Wickford, RI (Notice my glass is already empty):

6:00 at Aquilante's:

Home by the firepit now:

Happy Friday!

Pete. (l33t FS)
9/20/20 3:09 p.m.

Yesterday I learned about Rabbit Hole.  Gin aged in "Kentucky rye whiskey" barrels.

Good stuff

Gary
Gary UltraDork
9/20/20 9:19 p.m.

Well, Cheers to you all. (Y'all).

It's not Friday, but we we were at Fresco's West Warwick last night (Saturday). Is that close a damn nuff? I had a Beefeater martini and Annie had a California Chardonnay. Nice color to that chardonnay. Audra the bartender makes a great martini. Our silver 2018 Sonata Sport in the backdrop. I love the styling. Thank you Peter Schreyer. (Peter)

Peter has stepped down as Styling Guy at Hyundai/Kia due to age. He has a replacement who has different ideas. From what I've seen so far, he's not as good. (My opinon of course).

1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oKTWhlDXu3umH5cHfjQKWUZ3f253OHhMzQkaivIDy5Hs5vQBXXyJToo1gzVWH0IP