1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27
bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
5/14/15 6:49 p.m.

Hey Nick, your week must be worse than mine. It's Thursday, dude.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
5/14/15 6:59 p.m.

Which everyone knows IS Friday EVE!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/15/15 6:36 a.m.

THE MAGICAL DAY IS HERE !!!!!!

Gary
Gary HalfDork
5/15/15 11:32 a.m.

I got hooked on Bordeaux while in Paris. Since I returned I've been trying various brands of French Bordeaux from local liquor stores. But they tend to be more expensive than what I prefer to pay for a bottle of wine. However, I found a reasonably priced brand last night at a nearby store and it turned out to be the best yet. So I just bought a case. With a 10% case discount it works out to be $8 per bottle. That's damned cheap for good Bordeaux! But from past experience I've learned it's dangerous having a case of good wine around the house.

I also picked up a six-pack of Narragansett Summer Ale because I have to mow the lawn this afternoon and at 4.3% ABV, it makes a good "lawn mower beer."

Happy Weekend everyone.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
5/15/15 12:06 p.m.

so...what's the brand / vineyard on the cheap bordeaux? Intoxicated minds want to know...

I'll be starting the weekend at the local Mex restaurant's bar. We're having an informal Bike Commuters' Happy Hour on the way home from work. Which means Negro Modelo on draft, I imagine.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
5/15/15 12:53 p.m.

Gary
Gary HalfDork
5/15/15 2:45 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: so...what's the brand / vineyard on the cheap bordeaux? Intoxicated minds want to know...

It's "Chateau Les Armes de Brandeau," 2010 vintage, imported by Monsieur Touton Selection Ltd., New York City.

http://www.mtouton.com/products/france/bordeaux/bordeaux/12163-2010/chateau-les-armes-de-brandeau

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
5/15/15 2:47 p.m.

Gary
Gary HalfDork
5/15/15 2:53 p.m.

In reply to bravenrace:

My Man, have you started early? And is that who is serving you? Tell me that's your picture and not a stock image.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
5/15/15 2:59 p.m.

In reply to Gary:

Well, um, you see, I'm not going to say...on either count...

Gary
Gary HalfDork
5/15/15 3:29 p.m.

In reply to bravenrace:

Good answer!

Gary
Gary HalfDork
5/16/15 6:04 p.m.

Had a great time this afternoon with my son doing a tour of Bucket Brewery in Pawtucket, RI. http://bucketbrewery.com/

We had a private tour with "Nate" the assistant brew master. Great guy. Knowledgeable, VERY enthusiastic, friendly and personable. Great marketeer for a brewery. And I loved his attire: work boots, kilt, and logo T-shirt. The beer was excellent. And the Irish music added to the enjoyable experience. Black 47, Drop Kick Murphy's, and other great Irish bands. Fun afternoon!

Gary
Gary HalfDork
5/22/15 2:27 p.m.

Friday afternoon. I'm sitting on my deck enjoying the weather and a Foolproof IPA. (Foolproof Brewing Company, Pawtucket, RI http://www.foolproofbrewing.com/brewery).

Happy weekend folks. Enjoy the Memorial Day Weekend.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/22/15 2:34 p.m.

Only sixteen and a half hours left to the work day...

dean1484
5/22/15 2:49 p.m.

In reply to bravenrace:

I don't see any beer in that photo.. . .. . Wait ok I see it now.

dean1484
5/22/15 2:50 p.m.

I have to work tonight so no beer until about 1 am tomorrow.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/22/15 10:23 p.m.

Damn man. First there's the east-coasters that usually beat me by HOURS, and now I'm on second shift which means I have to wait even LONGER!

dean1484
5/24/15 10:08 a.m.

Well I never got any Beer.. . .. Although I Now REALLY want one. Got home late and was sitting down to have a cold one and watch some TV and I here this hissing sound. Look around and don't see anything. Then I realize that the sound is coming from the basement (where my office amongst other things are). Sure enough my hot water heater let go and in spectacular fashion. It cracked a seal / seam at the top of the tank and was spraying water out the top of the unit around the gas vent. Needless to say things were a bit wet.

Fortunately the damage is minimal as I keep just about everything that is on the floor in plastic containers so with a couple minor exceptions there really is no appreciable loss and I have a tile floor so no carpet damage. Other then my hot water heater and my boiler (almost new Burnham unit). We are in the process of baling out and ripping out the hot water heater and then I am going to take the boiler apart and see if it is toast. Fortunately I don't think it got to the electronics. It was just up to the boiler tubes and the fire box. all the electronics and the burner stayed above water. It was actually running when I came down and I shut it off. (it was cold last night here) I am really hoping that it is ok. The other good thing is I moved my electrical service up to the first floor (above grade) a couple years back so nothing electrical was even remotely effected.

So I REALLY REALLY WANT A COLD ONE AT THE MOMENT but that is going to have to wait until I get this all sorted.

Gary
Gary HalfDork
5/29/15 3:59 p.m.
Hungary Bill wrote: Damn man. First there's the east-coasters that usually beat me by HOURS, and now I'm on second shift which means I have to wait even LONGER!

With due respect to our man on the West Coast, I propose this week we all abstain until we hear from Hungary Bill that he's had his first beer of the weekend. OK? (Or at least that's our story, and we're stickin' to it).

Bill, we're waiting desperately.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
5/29/15 7:24 p.m.

In reply to dean1484:

Switch to beer

dean1484
6/5/15 12:14 p.m.

It's that time of day, when you can say, head for the mountains. .. . . . Ok I suck at internet singing. . .. . If I drink more beer will it sound better?. . . . Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm Must ponder this over a cold one.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
6/5/15 12:27 p.m.

In reply to dean1484:

The libations will have to wait for me on this fine Friday. My son and I are headed to Summit Motorsports park for Super Summit. Will be autocrossing and running down the drag strip, which I'm only guessing I can do better sober.

z31maniac
z31maniac UltimaDork
6/5/15 12:48 p.m.

2 hours until I get off work......

dean1484
6/5/15 1:53 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to dean1484: Will be autocrossing and running down the drag strip

Have enough beer and you wont need a car.

dean1484
6/5/15 1:55 p.m.

See Even Kermit knows it is Friday

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KchHQblh6poo6X2sGYMUnB0uIlCoZBgkUqrC4rbtt4nD5Fwtj1tbCl9mfDqZ9dOc