1 2 3 4
dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/28/17 6:04 a.m.

Sorry to hear about your day, hope you can make things work and the job situation is a blessing in disguise!

Brian
Brian MegaDork
5/28/17 6:09 a.m.

Berk. Good luck.

bastomatic
bastomatic UltraDork
5/28/17 7:21 a.m.

Sorry Jav, that's a truly awful day. Hope you land on your feet quickly and the difficult day is a blessing in the long run.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/28/17 7:40 a.m.

Albany GA.

No couch, but a decent guest room, plenty of good beer, great home cooking, and a pool.

Could be en route to FL.

Keep your head together.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
5/28/17 7:42 a.m.

Let me clarify....

We HAVE a couch at Casa de Rex- we don't just sit on the floor.

I was trying to offer you better!

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UltraDork
5/28/17 7:50 a.m.

Dude get your back fixed. Being in constant pain isn't going to make anything better. My wife has a herniated lumbar disc and when it hurts, she is hard to be around and can lash out over little things. Luckily the cortisone shot has worked so far.

If you decided to couch surf, I may have a guest room you can crash in by then.

docwyte
docwyte Dork
5/28/17 8:15 a.m.

Was in back pain for years. Years! Finally got really bad and had an MRI and surgery done. It was like a pain light switch got turned off. That was 12 years ago. Basically been pain free since then, every few years I have a really painful flare up that lasts maybe 3 weeks or so.

I wish I hadn't wasted all that time trying to avoid the surgery, just get it done!

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/28/17 8:45 a.m.
docwyte wrote: Was in back pain for years. Years! Finally got really bad and had an MRI and surgery done. It was like a pain light switch got turned off. That was 12 years ago. Basically been pain free since then, every few years I have a really painful flare up that lasts maybe 3 weeks or so. I wish I hadn't wasted all that time trying to avoid the surgery, just get it done!

Neurosurgeon said that operating on mine is too dangerous due to their locations (front of the spine herniating towards the back at C4/C5, C5/C6, and C6/C7). I've had an epidural steroid injection, 4 facet joint injections, and 24 trigger point injections plus 12 physical therapy, 4 massage, 3 chiropractic, and 2 pain clinic visits in the last 5 months. I'm doing everything I can to fix the stupid thing.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UltraDork
5/28/17 10:33 a.m.

Another spare room available in SD if you want it. Plenty of obscure orphan cars to work on too...

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
5/28/17 10:46 a.m.
Javelin wrote:
dean1484 wrote: Been there done all that. Life will get better.
Can't get much worse! (I'm finding dark humor therapeutic)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/jHPOzQzk9Qo

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/28/17 11:14 a.m.

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

-Tyler Durden
RX Reven'
RX Reven' GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/28/17 7:28 p.m.

I’m really sorry Javelin,

I had my trifecta of carnage a couple of decades ago. As many others have posted, it’s tough but you claw your way through it and pop out the other side. I don’t know what the driving mechanism is but most people (myself included) find themselves in a better place after words.

I sincerely hope this winds up being the case for you.

It sounds like you’re working things out with Mrs. Javelin but if you decide to take a road trip, I’m just north of Los Angeles near the coast…guest bedroom, big pool, plenty of beer, standard GRM rate structure (freeeeeee).

warpedredneck
warpedredneck Reader
5/28/17 7:47 p.m.

sorry to hear, keep your head up!

Javelin
5/28/17 8:46 p.m.

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart everyone. Keeping my chin up and spent all weekend with my kids.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
5/28/17 8:51 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: Sounds like one hell of a day. Keep in mind that the adventure truly starts after the original plan doesn't pan out. Hope your adventure takes you somewhere cool!

Oh man. There is a ton of truth in that statement. Wherever you are at now - stop - imagine where you wish you were. You have been granted the golden opportunity for a reboot. Do not squander.

A man with nothing to lose has everything to gain.

Couch/cot/tent space/spare bedroom available in NE PA. Be well.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/28/17 9:02 p.m.

Like those before me, sorry to hear the news. In Gainesville, on the way to Tampa (if driving). Love to have you stop in!

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/29/17 2:17 a.m.

Wait a minute. You have an Alfa!?!

Hungary Bill
5/29/17 2:17 a.m.

In all seriousness, I do hope things look up man. This thread really bummed me out that we were just a few hours away from each other and I never swung in for a beer/wrench session

Javelin
5/29/17 8:10 a.m.
Hungary Bill wrote: Wait a minute. You have an Alfa!?!

Yeah, a non-running, turd brown 1978 Spider with a ripped interior. You didn't expect something good, did you?

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
5/29/17 8:53 a.m.

Holy cow. Talk about a E36 M3 sandwich! You seem to be hanging in there. You probably don't want to hear this right now, but if you have any extra weight to lose that will help the back situation. I don't even like being around myself when my back is killing me.

You got this.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
5/29/17 8:57 a.m.

Clean, sober, and sane is the only way through here.

If shes letting you stay at home, even on the couch, theres hope. Volunteer for marriage counseling. Get your E36 M3 in a sock, fight for your family, and have faith. It WILL get better.

Hungary Bill
5/29/17 10:23 a.m.
Javelin wrote:
Hungary Bill wrote: Wait a minute. You have an Alfa!?!
Yeah, a non-running, turd brown 1978 Spider with a ripped interior. You didn't expect something good, did you?

I'm shocked! I already thought you were the coolest kid on the block for having your old Javelin, and then you went and said the A-word

Javelin
6/4/17 11:34 p.m.

I'm still here. I'm surprisingly happier without that job, I think the sales career has burned out for me. Also patching things up with SWMBO a little at a time for the kids' sake. I've been promoted from couch to futon.

sirrichardpumpaloaf
sirrichardpumpaloaf HalfDork
6/4/17 11:43 p.m.

How does The Couch Trip fit in with working things out with SWMBO? Every woman I've had a relationship with would go berserk over the slightest hint of such an adventure. Guess that's why I live alone....

And, just so you know, I have a spare bedroom in west central Indiana if you pass through here and need to crash.

Type Q
Type Q SuperDork
6/5/17 1:00 a.m.

We are pulling for you and wishing you the best. It sounds like you are out of a E36 M3ty work situation. You and SWMBO are starting to talk through some underlying issues. As for you back, I had really good results working with this organization when I had a bulging disk that was not responding to conventional treatment that well. They came recommended by my doctor.

I hope this helps in some small way.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vbWfZlYT21KidEynRbvjgbEKER3CyWnTwpwNRyAr9rqpTLc6baElp0vNNhODR3zG