1 2
Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/3/11 4:31 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote:
Maroon92 wrote:
pete240z wrote: NISMO, STi, TRD, Mazdaspeed, AMG, SVT........who doesn't have an in-house performance arm? Mugen is where?
What is HPD?
Isn't that some sort of sexually transmitted disease?

I think that's HPV...

imirk
imirk Reader
11/3/11 4:33 p.m.

Holden Performance Vehicles?

or is that FPV from Oz?

pete240z
pete240z SuperDork
11/3/11 5:19 p.m.

Most of HPD is the big league racing program.........IndyCar, ALMS, LMS.

Honda Performance Development, Inc. (HPD) is Honda's racing company within North America and is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. Founded in 1993, HPD is the technical operations center for Honda's high-performance racing programs. HPD is the single engine supplier to the IndyCar Series and leases engines for prototype sports car racing in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) and European Le Mans Series (LMS). HPD specializes in the design and development of race engines, chassis and performance parts and provides technical/race support.

I do apologize as HPD does have some brake pads. limited slips gears, and a Civic sway bar. My bad.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/3/11 5:20 p.m.

I am not sure what it is about Oregon and Washington.. but you can even get rust free Fiats from those two states

neckromacr
neckromacr Reader
11/3/11 7:46 p.m.
Duke wrote:
Woody wrote:
bastomatic wrote: Accord new vs old
A girl that I went to high school with had an '81 Accord hatch in the same color as that one. We went skiing in Vermont for a week and I will always have a special place in my heart for that car.
I was going to say a girl I went to high school with had an ass that was that titanic.

I was thinking the story was going to go more like "there was a girl in high school whose ass did the same transformation..."

As for OR and WA secret to youthful cars? I understand the mild summers and the use of volcanic sand instead of salt in the snow is key. Unfortunately there are undesirable effects to the sand left behind.

The boss of a company I interviewed with out there found out the hard way. His Elise found a large deposit of it in a bend in the road (had been dry for sometime) and was promptly introduced into several trees. The Elise didn't survive, luckily he did although much worse for wear.

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
11/3/11 9:56 p.m.
fasted58 wrote: and ppl thought only Detroit was building bigger

if I remember the numbers correctly the Fit is larger in every respect than the original Accord..... length, height, width, and weight ( oh and price )

edit: someone beat me to it...

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Dork
11/3/11 10:00 p.m.

More likely to survive an accident. I'm reminded of this daily in my 1992 Nissan Sentra.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/3/11 11:28 p.m.

Nice to see an old Accord out there. I drove a five-speed '82 Accord sedan in college. It had the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel. At the time, that was way cutting edge.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/4/11 10:22 a.m.

i showed this thread to my wife. she said "i love those old accords." that's not what i was expecting to hear.

nderwater
nderwater SuperDork
11/4/11 10:39 a.m.
AngryCorvair wrote: i showed this thread to my wife. she said "i love those old accords." that's not what i was expecting to hear.

She added, "I had one back in high school. I spent a lot of time in the back of it on a ski vacation to Vermont."

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
11/4/11 11:45 a.m.
nderwater wrote:
AngryCorvair wrote: i showed this thread to my wife. she said "i love those old accords." that's not what i was expecting to hear.
She added, "I had one back in high school. I spent a lot of time in the back of it on a ski vacation to Vermont."

HAHAHA

spitfirebill
spitfirebill SuperDork
11/4/11 3:35 p.m.
nderwater wrote:

As she glances off into space.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
D9VjXuMaOtKjgxKHDX6yQBof4qgEQag29xyvzVxEBuJdVQ2AbnrABn3z1DL86D8N