1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 237
Gary
Gary SuperDork
4/7/18 8:53 p.m.

Cigarettes After Sex

Interesting name for a band. Annie and I found them accidentally and we sort of like their music. It's an androgenist vocal (it's male), but regardless of that, all their music is extremely laid-back. The producer must be very good, making a mediocre act seem to be pretty good. So kudos to the producer. When Annie and I are listening to this group and feeling laid-back (which is most of the time), then they're OK. (They sort of remind me of the Cowboy Junkies). But I If we're not feeling laid-back, then they're not OK.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
4/7/18 10:10 p.m.

PF

Wearing the Inside Out

Back to reality. Great band, great song. The late, great Richard Wright taking vocal lead, David Gilmour on guitar, and Dick Parry on tenor sax. What's better than this? Well, maybe Nick Mason on percussion would have been better. Any PF fan would have to appreciate this performance. It's spectacular.

Jim Pettengill
Jim Pettengill HalfDork
4/8/18 11:07 p.m.

After band practice today when we talked about doing more blues songs (OK it was my idea, and I'm a sax player), I dug out my copy of Paul Butterfield's Resurrection of Pigboy Crabshaw, which is the album that introduced me to electric blues with horns, and I still think is one of the best blues albums of all time.  The whole think is on youtube, if you're not familiar with it, it's worth a listen,  It's from the mid-sixties.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
4/11/18 4:27 p.m.
Karl La Follette
4/11/18 4:38 p.m.
Karl La Follette
4/11/18 4:39 p.m.

In reply to Karl La Follette :

We stopped at the Boiled Peanut lady on the way back to home from the Rolex Race 

Gary
Gary SuperDork
4/11/18 9:33 p.m.
Gary
Gary SuperDork
4/11/18 9:53 p.m.

Darius Rucker - Wagon Wheel

I like this song. I particularly like it performed by The Old Crow Medicine Show (who actually took Bob Dylan's original creation and finished it appropriately). However, in deference to that great group, and because our son is at a Darius Rucker private concert tonight in Orlando (and is sending me videos in practically real time), that's what I'm listening to at the moment. Darius Rucker has done a great cover of this. (I hate Ytube commercials).

Gary
Gary SuperDork
4/11/18 10:15 p.m.

Old Crow Medicine Show

I know this version has been posted here before. Sorry to the previous poster for the repetition, but this is the real deal ... the guys who made this song famous.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
4/13/18 10:39 a.m.

Listening to this one right now. Fireball Ministry is awesome, and this album is also awesome so far. Good old fashioned "Stoner Rock" with some Sabbath influences mixed in. 

Casual Six
Casual Six UltraDork
4/13/18 12:59 p.m.

Snickers or Reese's by Direct Hit (if you like NOFX, you might like these guys)

TJL
TJL New Reader
4/13/18 1:06 p.m.
Karl La Follette said:

Reggaemylitis" by Peter Tosh This is so good on a Sunday morning , basically every morning Crank It

Hard to listen to reggae and not be in a good mood. Ive loved ska and reggae since high school. 

Im on a plane home from colorado. I was listening to pandora, schoolboy Q was on but im switching to my Hepcat channel now. 

stroker
stroker UltraDork
4/13/18 2:42 p.m.

Judas Priest.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
4/13/18 2:53 p.m.

And now I'm going old-school. 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
4/13/18 3:41 p.m.

Currently Big band/swing music coming from the car lab (college speak for an auto shop) next to my lab (college speak for a machine shop). With only some drywall between us, I get to listen to whatever they are in the mood for.

I have to admit, they play better music than I expected. Usually classic 60's and 70's rock. And since they know my ringtone is Margaritaville, they throw in some Buffett for me from time to time. I love my job.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
4/13/18 5:02 p.m.

Just got my limited edition green pressing of ZZ Tops Tres Hombres, I just signed off for the day and put it on.

Antihero
Antihero GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/13/18 5:21 p.m.

Lost In The Ozone by Motorhead

Never heard of this song til recently. Its a great song with pretty deep lyrics, not what you usually expect from Motorhead. 

If youve never heard it, i recommend it

Gary
Gary SuperDork
4/13/18 7:36 p.m.

Eric Darius

Isn't it strange. Well, if you listen to this full video you might think that his talent is being subverted. He is really such a great talent. But unfortunately he has subjected himself to contemporary music expectations. And that's a shame. 

Vracer111
Vracer111 Reader
4/13/18 11:05 p.m.

Chillin' with Snail's House Snö album on my STAX SR-L300LE setup... 

https://0101.bandcamp.com/track/--16

Karl La Follette
4/15/18 11:21 a.m.

Joey Ramone Day   Maria Bartiromo 

Gary
Gary SuperDork
4/16/18 7:31 p.m.

Joey Bonamassa - Prisoner

So Annie and I were out at Fresco's West Warwick tonight and they had a good  blues set going on their audio. We picked out Joey B. on the audio and this is the song.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
4/17/18 8:29 p.m.

Elvis (Presley, not Costello)

I was never an Elvis Presley fan. I was too young to appreciate his early success in the fifties. I was too much into the British Rock bands in the sixties to appreciate his antics then. And I was too absorbed in my own early professional career to know what he was doing in Vegas in the seventies. But tonight at Bill's, Mary the bartender (not the same Mary that's at Aquilante's) had some kind of wierd seventies music playing on Serius XM, and this song came on. At home I looked it up on YouTube, and found this version. Geez, I have a new appreciation for this guy. What a performer!

"Thank you. Thank you very much."

Gary
Gary SuperDork
4/17/18 9:04 p.m.

PF - Keep Talking

From the album, and in my opinion, one of PF's best. Standing out to me are David Gilmour's vocals and guitar work (including the tube down his throat causing the guttural sounds essential to this recording), and Nick Mason's driving percussion.

Gary
Gary SuperDork
4/17/18 9:13 p.m.

The Doors - Roadhouse Blues

And those of us who grew up in that era thought it was a volatile time ... how naive we were.

Suprf1y
Suprf1y PowerDork
4/18/18 12:08 p.m.

In reply to Gary :

Whenever I hear that it reminds me of sitting in the back seat of my Grandparents Torino going somewhere on a Sunday afternoon. Probably fishing.

Music was always a big deal to both my parents and my Mom introduced me to a lot of 50's era stuff, especially Elvis.

You really have to wonder if that white pantsuit will ever come back.

1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 237

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
y49xHAPyURKDipDwtcQyTnaG5Vp3kGLZk496UxAhiOs9bHL7Gg5PkkNpVTgCIkhj