The Incredible Bong Band - Bongolia:

The Incredible Bongo Band - Apache:

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
9/3/19 2:26 p.m.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/4/19 11:51 a.m.

So, a few weeks back when search Amazon Music for something I'd heard about here (the Cake cover of 'War Pigs' actually) for some reason a heavy metal cover of 'Cotton-Eye Joe' came up in the search. So yeah- no way I can't check that out, and it was actually pretty good. I then do some more searching and find that the guy who did it has done no less than FIFTEEN albums worth of Metal covers of pretty much every genre of music there is, from the Beatles' "Hey Jude" to "Gangster's Paradise" (which worked surprisingly well) to the outright absurd like "Let It Go" (yes, the Disney song...). 

I'm currently about halfway through Vol. 7- the majority of them I like, but some are disappointing (honestly both Michael Jackson songs he's done I haven't enjoyed the most). 

If you search for 'Leo Metalcovers' on Amazon or just 'Leo Metal Covers' in general you should find them... 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/4/19 1:20 p.m.

Currently wallowing in a whole batch of post-shoegaze stuff like the Black Angels, the Brian Jonestown Massacre, Slowdive, Cigarettes After Sex, Still Corners, and Marriages.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/4/19 1:31 p.m.

Also Sub Rosa, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, and Wooden Shjips.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/4/19 2:27 p.m.

Soundgarden.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
9/6/19 2:24 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/6/19 2:26 p.m.

Leo metalcovers and hatebreed 

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
9/6/19 2:30 p.m.

Suddenly, it's nineteen hundred eighty five!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
9/6/19 4:00 p.m.

New Tool!!

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/6/19 4:08 p.m.

Corny jokes sponsored by Pepsodent 

stroker
stroker UltraDork
9/6/19 4:27 p.m.

Robin Trower, "Bridge of Sighs"

Gary
Gary SuperDork
9/7/19 8:04 p.m.

Neil Young

Well, thanks to Annie, we're now listening to Neil Young. And although I actually like a lot of his music, I don't quite care for his politics. Same can be said for a bunch of other musical icons (Bruce, Barbra, and Jackson to name a few). But anyway, Cheers, Folks. This song and this production is pretty damn good. I particularly like the '48 Caddy convertible! (First year of Harley Earl's tail fins ... based on the P-38 Lightning vertical stabilizers).

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
9/7/19 8:32 p.m.

Not sure if I known any Queens of the Stone Age stuff but this little track is playing on Apple Music Radio lately.

It's alright.  

edit.  'No One Knows.' Duh.  The memory's not so good anymore.  blush

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
9/7/19 8:36 p.m.
nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
9/8/19 9:19 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

The two I've heard so far on the radio are pretty good.  Nice to occasionally hear a ten minute song.

I might go see them for the first time.

And the dee-jay said they knocked Taylor Swift off the top of the album sales chart. yes

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/8/19 8:01 p.m.
Gary
Gary SuperDork
9/8/19 9:28 p.m.

Greg Abate

Greg and I have a very similar address in the same town. As a result of that, we occasionally get each other's snail mail, USPS, or UPS/FedEx shipments (we once got a box of fine cigars addressed to him!). Anyway we became great friends because of that. He's a world-class jazz sax man. Performs all over the US and Europe. I've been a fan of his for years, but we became good friends about ten years ago when the mail issue arose. So Annie and I saw Greg perform live today at Blithewold Mansion in Bristol, RI. Lots of fun and since we both love jazz, especially live jazz, it was a memorable experience. Small group, maybe 50 people in a vintage room in a vintage mansion. So if you have a chance to see Greg Abate perform near you, do it. If you like jazz, you won't be disappointed.

Promo

Gary
Gary SuperDork
9/9/19 7:41 p.m.

Fayetteville, NC

9-9-2019

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/9/19 8:46 p.m.

Minneaplis band called Bonefire. They're a hardcore/punk type band- and they're pretty awesome. Tattoo artist I sorta know named Dan Dittmer (also based out of MN) puts these guys and a few others on through a very small label FTWNU2 I kmow the small band scene is thick on these boards, and I figured I'd share some of where i'm from. 

Adelphie2
Adelphie2 New Reader
9/9/19 9:29 p.m.

Every night in my dreams- Titanic!

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
9/10/19 8:06 a.m.

We went and saw this last night. Really great documentary if you're a fan of ZZ Top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNkb8be3wlA

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/10/19 1:18 p.m.

KMFDM. 

Jumper K Balls (Trent)
Jumper K Balls (Trent) PowerDork
9/11/19 12:14 a.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/11/19 7:36 a.m.

In reply to Jumper K Balls (Trent) :

For some reason?  Because AWESOME, that's why.

1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 ... 237

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EnmtD96MNQrqfebCN9E9kMHOEKf9WxNwfDaG390FrTIUD7Gv9CSlNjaIC8NKZzHu