1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 ... 237
Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
2/9/20 2:56 p.m.

I normally hate these but I'm a big fan of the cello and can't believe how well this is done. Heard as Muzak while I was on hold, I actually LOL'd at 1:15

Gary
Gary SuperDork
2/10/20 7:09 p.m.

Manchester, NH

Feb. 10, 2020

(I never get tired of listeningwink).

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/11/20 9:21 a.m.
Most recent batch of CDs from the library:

deadmau5: 5 years of mau5- Pretty much knew I was going to like this since it's mostly songs I already liked with some different mixes. Generally if you like deadmau5, you're going to like this.

Orbital: Monsters Exist- Another one that I pretty much knew I was going to like since I've liked most of what I've heard from Orbital in the past. There's a good mix of fun and catchy songs between the two discs, though not all are ones I'll be tossing on the phone to listen to later (unsurprisingly the first disc had more songs I wanted to hear again).

Orchestral Manoeuvers In The Dark: The Punishment of Luxury- Surprisingly given my penchant for electronica and love of the more classic incarnations of it (like ELO), I really have very little knowledge of OMD's music, so this disc was a pleasant surprise. Will definitely be looking at tracking down their older work.

Aphex Twin: Syro- OK, so just for the record- there IS such a thing as too electronic, and this album definitely was across the line. I like electronica and industrial, but this just sounds too much like someone just messing around with a synth and a drum machine.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/13/20 10:25 a.m.
Knurled. said:

Speaking of covers, and Devo.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/13/20 10:28 a.m.

YouTube's Stoned Meadow Of Doom channel just turned me on to these folks:

Now I have to wait another 10 minutes to find out what DEVO covering NIN sounds like.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
2/15/20 10:24 p.m.

Doors - Roadhouse Blues

Annie and I went out to the Treehouse Tavern in Warwick, RI, for dinner tonight. It was owner Alin's 81st birthday. She is amazing. Beautiful woman and looks at least twenty years younger. Classy lady. Lots of energy and enthusiasm. Last year for her 80th, she danced on the bar (her bar) ... and looked damned good!

Tonight we met up with our friend Howie and his friend Carol. Howie owns a Spit and a TR6, and he just bought a beautiful silver Z3 M from a reputable dealer in Naples, FL, which will be delivered to his door next week. We'll be doing some great tours with them this season. Annie and me in our almost vintage Miata. (One year away).

So now we're home listening to the Doors.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
2/16/20 7:29 p.m.

Swing On Down

Donovan Frankenreiter. (Frankenly, I had never heard of him until I saw this video. Pretty good).

Jonathan Edwards Winery is always a great go-to place for Annie and me. For us it's best to visit in the warmer months when we can take the Miata, toplesswink. There are some great scenic back roads from our home in Coventry, RI, to North Stonington, CT, avoiding I-95. Nicely paved drivers roads. This is one of the Jonathan Edwards promo videos. I like the music. Sit back on their stone patio, enjoy a nice Cab (or Merlot or Zin made with Napa grapes, or a variety of white wines from estate grown grapes), enjoy the music, and love cars and love life.

Knurled.
Knurled. GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/16/20 7:42 p.m.
Duke said:

An DJ set spun and enhanced by Ursula 1000, aka Alex Gimeno:

Realized a bit late that we have wifi at work, so I can listen to this on my headphones while putting my car together.

Sadly the headphones only last about a half hour now before the battery is dead, but this is pretty jammin' and the kind of thing that makes working easy.  Find a groove and ride it.

Did start laughing out loud at around the 33 minute mark.  Watched "Grease" many times as a kid.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/17/20 1:23 p.m.
Knurled. said:
Duke said:

An DJ set spun and enhanced by Ursula 1000, aka Alex Gimeno:

Realized a bit late that we have wifi at work, so I can listen to this on my headphones while putting my car together.

Sadly the headphones only last about a half hour now before the battery is dead, but this is pretty jammin' and the kind of thing that makes working easy.  Find a groove and ride it.

Did start laughing out loud at around the 33 minute mark.  Watched "Grease" many times as a kid.

If you like that, here is another album by the same guy.  This one is mostly (if not all) his own stuff:

I've posted cuts from this album before.  The one you quoted and this one are my favorite Ursula 1000 albums, but he's got half a dozen.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/17/20 1:25 p.m.

That kind of stuff is a lot of what I listen to at work.  Keeps the flow going without being distracting.

Here's one of my workplace Pandora stations.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
2/19/20 9:05 p.m.

Phoenix, AZ

February 19, 2020

Gary
Gary UltraDork
2/19/20 11:48 p.m.

Ain't Misbehaving

Fats Waller

Annie and I are in our second day in Palm Springs, CA. We were up early due to the three-hour time difference from the East Coast yesterday. Hot tub at dawn. Coffee. Walk in town. Drive to the intersection of Ramon and Gene Autry which is the approach to PSP airport to wait for the "big event." We have great pics of the big event at precisely 10:30. So after all the excitement it was back to the Coyote Inn and a hot afternoon in and around the pool. It was 83 degrees. Dinner in town tonight and we're now in our room listening to vintage jazz.

Well, the "big event" was AF1 with the President landing here. We were positioned correctly and have some great pics of AF1 on final approach at about 500 ft. I think I saw him looking out the right side if the aircraft from his private suite giving me a thumbs up.smiley

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/20/20 2:20 p.m.

A whole bunch of really long Zappa solos.  Dear Bob, that man could play the guitar.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/20/20 3:06 p.m.

Unmasked with Bob Newhart.  An hourlong interview with my favorite comic.  

Gary
Gary UltraDork
2/20/20 11:17 p.m.

Marston Smith - Lord of the Cello

Great performer. We saw him tonight at the Thursday night street fair in Palm Springs. 

Gary
Gary UltraDork
2/21/20 12:13 a.m.

Colorado Springs

Feb. 20, 2020

Gary
Gary UltraDork
2/28/20 10:59 p.m.

North Charleston, SC

Feb. 28, 2020

ChrisLS8
ChrisLS8 New Reader
2/29/20 2:45 a.m.

Cody Johnson- Long Haired country boy

Knurled.
2/29/20 6:13 a.m.
Tk8398
Tk8398 Reader
3/1/20 3:17 a.m.

Just saw this band live last night:

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon SuperDork
3/2/20 4:05 p.m.

I like to listen to music while I shower, and this guitar riff popped into my head.

https://youtu.be/iqR4CZj0mJQ

You're welcome.

CAinCA
CAinCA GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/2/20 6:03 p.m.

Michael Kiwanuka - Kiwanuka - Hero

Black Pumas - Black Pumas - Colors

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/4/20 8:30 p.m.
EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/4/20 8:34 p.m.
Knurled.
3/4/20 8:46 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

You are sooooo going to hate the playlists that I'm going to bring to bear when we pick up your new [redacted] next weekend.

I found the CD copy of all the MP3s I downloaded from Kazaa pre-2004.   The Slayer folder is damaged, but there's like five hours of Richard Cheese and gabber.

1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 ... 237

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WqYBzFZw6QlJoHT3F0qjOaxLqfdzpc7czfQyNEEYH0QO7r0aKrhHXfbGrvjhnk9i