StilettoSS
StilettoSS New Reader
5/27/21 3:30 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u9ymiSmtXY

I love The Heavy, old school rock sound. :D

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
5/27/21 5:37 p.m.

Son also played this on Saturday night.  The 90's was a good decade for Canadian music

I'm listening and reminiscing

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/21 7:48 p.m.

I'm probably a few months behind the curve here, but I heard this song last week while channel flicking, went right by it, flipped back, and now I can't get it out of my head.

Lake Street Dive

Gary
Gary UltraDork
6/1/21 9:41 p.m.

Listening to music by our firepit and listentng to Pink Floyd:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gOqblSqx_VI

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/2/21 8:55 a.m.

Netflix, in the run-up to the release of Bo Burnham's amazing new special 'Inside.', were promoting his older shows and since we hadn't really heard of him before The Dancer and I watched through them and were blown away. Ended up buying the album of 'What.' and have been listening to a few of the tracks (especially 'Repeat Stuff' and 'We think We know You"- which is an absolutely brilliant performance piece). It's a pity there isn't an album of the newer special (Make Happy), because The Dancer loved his country song parody/tribute 'Pandering'.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
6/6/21 11:32 a.m.

Sent to me by my son this morning.

This is funktastic

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
6/10/21 4:44 p.m.

I'm listening to this trying to convince myself to take a pay cut for a job that will be a lot better for my health

Rexdale represent

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/11/21 7:43 a.m.
Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
6/11/21 8:58 a.m.

Did a livestream where we paired each of our beers with a different artist/song: https://youtu.be/orPhE2Gl-do

Turned that into a Spotify playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6o2idoXxx2lugsky7UUMV2?si=d245f8044d264849

Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
6/13/21 8:28 p.m.

I got Dire Straits 'Love Over Gold' and just heard "Telegraph Road" for the first time.

My mind is blown.

Gary
Gary UltraDork
6/22/21 9:24 p.m.

Zac Brown

I know this song has become a cliche on Country radio and streaming, but I still like it. This is a great version. And ... the Zac Brown Band is performing at Fenway Park in Boston on Aug. 8. I'd be there with son Jason, but he already bought tickets for us to see Blues Traveler at Jonathan Edwards Vineyard in North Stonington, CT, same night. That'll be fun too. And a much more intimate and laid-back venue  than Fenway.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
6/22/21 11:34 p.m.

Do you like dark wave? Do you like cold wave? Do you like The Cure? Do you like Depeche Mode? Do you like Souxie and the Banshees?

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
6/25/21 5:41 a.m.

I heard the original back when it came out, but stumbled on this reaction today. Forty-five minutes of reaction video for ten minutes of rap. I missed quite a bit listening on my own.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
6/25/21 8:24 a.m.
Beer Baron said:

I got Dire Straits 'Love Over Gold' and just heard "Telegraph Road" for the first time.

My mind is blown.

Oh man, that's good stuff

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/25/21 3:16 p.m.
secretariata (Forum Supporter)
secretariata (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/25/21 4:45 p.m.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.  Quote from an unapologetic drug user (Hunter S. Thompson) leading into a song from an apologetic one...

Mike (Forum Supporter)
Mike (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/3/21 11:18 a.m.
Gary said:

In Spite of Ourselves

John Prine and Iris Dement. This is priceless.

If relationships have soundtracks, that'd be one of the first tracks on the album the missus and I share. We were lucky to see Prine in 2019 at Ravinia near Chicago, and at an NPR show taping at the Saenger in New Orleans back in early '18.

Covid sucks.

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
7/3/21 7:28 p.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/6/21 3:27 p.m.

John Mayall, from one of his solo albums.  What a prolific and influential dude.

CLH
CLH GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/6/21 4:07 p.m.

She'll Drive the Big Car - David Bowie

Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/7/21 11:43 a.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
7/7/21 1:16 p.m.
1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 ... 237

You'll need to log in to post.