1 2 3
dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
12/22/19 10:23 a.m.

I tryed really hard to get mercury as a name choice before we found out we were having boys. 

Brotus7
Brotus7 HalfDork
12/22/19 2:06 p.m.

Elise

Edit- damn, I'm far from the first to suggest it.  My daughter was almost named Morgan Elise Bro

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/2/20 5:46 p.m.

Welp, we got the sonogram today — it’s a girl! Three for three :)

The main contenders now are Mallory and Miura. I’m really fond of keeping it actual car names but on the other hand, Mallory is a great little name. We’ll review the list again tonight 

Cadman5
Cadman5 Reader
3/2/20 6:01 p.m.

Karmann Ghia (insert your last name)

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
3/2/20 6:11 p.m.

Just make sure it won't sound like a stripper name.  (German luxury brands) 

And be aware of how it'll play on the second grade playground.  My initials spelled JAP which sucked as a kid in the 70's.  And a three syllable name just isn't great.   My son and daughter have single syllable names and their initials spell GAP which is much nicer.  Neither of them have reported any name related difficulties so far (other than the girls name being a bit too common.).

P3PPY
3/2/20 9:59 p.m.

I didn't want to put any restrictions in the opening brainstorm request but yeah, there have been a few favorites that were eliminated because they sounded a little too.... un-CEO, let's just say. Like, I REALLY love the name Chevelle, for instance

Curtis73
Curtis73 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/3/20 9:27 a.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

Just make sure it won't sound like a stripper name.  (German luxury brands) 

And be aware of how it'll play on the second grade playground.  My initials spelled JAP which sucked as a kid in the 70's.  And a three syllable name just isn't great.   My son and daughter have single syllable names and their initials spell GAP which is much nicer.  Neither of them have reported any name related difficulties so far (other than the girls name being a bit too common.).

My initials are CAM.  It's like I was destined to be a car freak

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
3/3/20 10:40 a.m.

We named our son Henry Joseph, which (although unintentional) can be written "Henry J"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_J

68TR250
68TR250 Reader
3/3/20 10:41 a.m.

From the Triumph stable --- Gloria --- Mayflower --- Italia --- Vitesse --- Herald

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/3/20 11:25 a.m.

My daughter is named Emerson Grace (for Emerson Fittipaldi) and my son is named Sebastian Enzo (for Enzo Ferrari).

My wife wanted to name him McLaren Enzo which I had to explain why that might confuse some people.

daeman
daeman Dork
3/3/20 6:11 p.m.

A few from Australia.

Holden:

Torana

Gemini

Caprice

Zafira

Also could have used Brock if it was a boy, after Peter Brock.

Ford:

Cortina

Not Aussie, but a few from Japanese cars.

Mitsubishi:

Cordia

Delica

Celeste

Subaru:

Liberty

Leone

Nissan:

Lila

Sunny

Cherry

Gloria

Teana

slowbird
slowbird Dork
3/3/20 6:37 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:
dinger said:
1SlowVW said:

Elise

This is my 4 month old daughter's name - I'm pretty sure my wife still doesn't know where i got it. 

My youngest daughter's name is Alese.  One of my oldest friends has a daughter who is five months younger named Elise, they've been friends since birth.  It was great when they were young.  We could just call 'Lise' and both would come running.

I knew someone named Alyce and she pronounced it as Elise. I was a bit confused at first.

Will
Will UltraDork
3/3/20 8:44 p.m.

I'm just here picturing the car guy version of Key & Peele's College Bowl sketch.

"GT500KR Smith, LSU"

"Murano Jones, Penn State"

"Evo VIII MR Haynes, THE Ohio State University"

"Skyline GTR R34 V Spec II NUR Wallace, UCLA"

"Thunderbird Worthington, Auburn"

P3PPY
3/14/20 1:13 p.m.

Well, last night I got to thinking what name I’d REALLY like, regardless of car-ness. And, as it turns out, just like my little Shelby (Ace) and my littler Elise, Ashley is also a British sports car 

So Ashley it is! We just did the gender and name reveal to the family

You can already see her cute little button nose and everything!

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
3/15/20 12:26 a.m.

Seriously, no Opel yet? What about Carlton, Sky, Astra, or Omega? 

Also Tempest, Starfire, Wildcat or Vixen. Poly, Holley, Stromberg, or Carter.  Dyna, Dana, Hydra, Muncie, or Rockwell. 

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
3/15/20 7:51 a.m.

Congrats!

My son's middle name is Leyton, which has a back story.

Our cats are named Cooper and Benneton after the F1 teams. Well, the mother in law said "no grandson of mine is being named after a damn racing team"

Well, middle name is for Leyton House March! We waited to tell her where it came from till after he was born.laugh

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
3/15/20 11:00 a.m.

"Corona V."

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G4MR111VZjvxmW8zE8oz2s5b4xPiVCq7zwXD7htwLaO24orUPcVOEAY7EVKDUpDs