1 2 3
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
6/18/08 5:03 p.m.

Isn't calling us weirdos a little much? So what if OSX was designed to be used with only one button. That doesn't make us freaks.

Brian
Brian MegaDork
6/18/08 5:04 p.m.

If i had $25k+ to spend on a computer for editing, it would be a mack pro with 32 gigs of ram, twin quad core 3.2ghtz intels, 4 T.bits of disk space and twin 30"hd moniters. if only for the fact that is massive overkill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id_kGL3M5Cg just watch this, and the second one

billy3esq
billy3esq SuperDork
6/18/08 5:47 p.m.

Besides, OSX fully supports right clicking, and Mac desktops have come with multi-button mice for a few years now. (Technically, click and right click are a single button with a capacitive sensor that tells which side of the mouse you're touching, but the function is the same.)

Last I looked, Mac laptops still have a single button track pad, but you can get the right click by using the "control" key. (I think it's "control." I do it without looking, so I'm not completely sure which key it is.)

Tom Suddard
6/18/08 5:47 p.m.

Neon:

That pretty much sums everything up. Both systems have their weaknesses, and their strengths. By the way, how much would a desk to hold that big of a computer cost?

Brian
Brian MegaDork
6/18/08 5:56 p.m.

regular desk, hang the moniters on the wall. the tower is the standard mack pro tower

edit you can plug a USB PC mouce in to an Apple and use the right click just fine, but you loose the "show everything" feature you get when you squeze on the sides of an apple mouse

Tom Suddard
6/18/08 9:43 p.m.

Very nice.

billy3esq
billy3esq SuperDork
6/19/08 1:33 p.m.
neon4891 wrote: *edit* you can plug a USB PC mouce in to an Apple and use the right click just fine, but you loose the "show everything" feature you get when you squeze on the sides of an apple mouse

You can assign the "show everything" function to another button if you have a multi-button mouse (or a corner of the screen if you use that feature). However, if you're getting that feature by squeezing the mouse, you have a MightyMouse(TM), which means that you already have a right click.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5jtUrxFv8mu0Qku8nKYbGyBRiMlyyIT2y22sFzUS512O5fUoMwTNKpR6RAm4Uo3c