1 ... 4 5 6
deannathegeek
deannathegeek New Reader
9/25/18 7:52 a.m.

I want to be normal. My PTSD came with all the bells & whistles, and I'd like to live just one day being perfectly normal without having to fake it.

stroker
stroker UltraDork
9/25/18 9:21 a.m.
deannathegeek said:

I want to be normal. My PTSD came with all the bells & whistles, and I'd like to live just one day being perfectly normal without having to fake it.

I'm reading a book and they make some references to dealing with PTSD.  Supposedly CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) is showing good results with PTSD.  Have you tried that?

Here's the short version

deannathegeek
deannathegeek New Reader
9/25/18 12:31 p.m.
stroker said:
deannathegeek said:

I'm reading a book and they make some references to dealing with PTSD.  Supposedly CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) is showing good results with PTSD.  Have you tried that?

Here's the short version

I've done two and a half years of dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), and it's helped me survive without medication. I also learned lucid dreaming to re-write most of the nightmares. Not much helps the auditory & visual hallucinations, the voices in my head, or the flashbacks. 

classicJackets
classicJackets HalfDork
9/26/18 8:05 a.m.

Live in the same building I call my shop. I always imagined living in an outfitted/upfitted older warehouse building with an updated, clean but simple 2nd floor loft/living space, and the whole ground floor as my working space. Don't see it ever being realistic. Stings a little.

frenchyd
frenchyd UltraDork
9/26/18 8:14 a.m.

In reply to classicJackets :

Don’t give up hope. I live in exactly that sort of place. So can you, sorta! 

Look at split levels, and tuck unders. A tuck under is a house built on a hill. The garage is on the first floor except a stairs going up to the main or second floor. 

Since it’s built into the hill there are no windows to look out of on the first floor.  

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vs9GNNWtaE5WtjZmqSlbRjaagOe0HFHkFlcL8WLqghFpoDang74BahRDvs1DOm70