1 2
16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
12/18/08 1:40 p.m.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/dec/17/burger-king-perfume

I think we need to talk to them about making a funnel cake body spray for the ladies.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/18/08 1:45 p.m.

I am holding out for the Baconator personally.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
12/18/08 1:46 p.m.

My wife is lukewarm to the idea, but my dogs love it.

Sarah Young
Sarah Young Editorial/Art Assistant
12/18/08 2:23 p.m.

Honestly, if I had to choose between this and Axe, I'd rather be accosted with the burger stuff.

There's a company out there that makes similar perfumes called Demeter. Surprisingly they don't have a funnel cake one, but they do have a million other dessert types, plus stuff like Bonfire, Dirt, Mildew, Lobster, Play-Doh, Crayon and Sawdust.

Jay
Jay HalfDork
12/18/08 2:39 p.m.

Y'know, I had a (veggie) burger from one of those fast food places a while ago. My hands smelled like it for the rest of the DAY. This has to be the most pointless product ever created.

J

jdmae92
jdmae92 GRM+ Memberand Reader
12/18/08 2:50 p.m.
Sarah Young wrote: Honestly, if I had to choose between this and Axe, I'd rather be accosted with the burger stuff. There's a company out there that makes similar perfumes called Demeter. Surprisingly they don't have a funnel cake one, but they do have a million other dessert types, plus stuff like Bonfire, Dirt, Mildew, Lobster, Play-Doh, Crayon and Sawdust.

Beat me to it, I was just waiting to post the Demeter site when I read the title.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
12/18/08 3:02 p.m.
Sarah Young wrote: Honestly, if I had to choose between this and Axe, I'd rather be accosted with the burger stuff.

But... but... all the AXE ads say women will swarm all over me if I douse myself with the stuff. You don't mean to tell me they lied, do you?

I think my wife would prefer 'loaded baked potato'.

Sarah Young
Sarah Young Editorial/Art Assistant
12/18/08 3:02 p.m.
jdmae92 wrote:
Sarah Young wrote: Honestly, if I had to choose between this and Axe, I'd rather be accosted with the burger stuff. There's a company out there that makes similar perfumes called Demeter. Surprisingly they don't have a funnel cake one, but they do have a million other dessert types, plus stuff like Bonfire, Dirt, Mildew, Lobster, Play-Doh, Crayon and Sawdust.
Beat me to it, I was just waiting to post the Demeter site when I read the title.

High five for that one.

I was thinking maybe a car collection could be compiled from Demeter perfumes. There's Paint, and one that smells like '70s vinyl. There are probably more that would fit.

ThunderCougarFalconGoat
ThunderCougarFalconGoat New Reader
12/18/08 3:04 p.m.

FYI, they are already sold out of the online stock. Of course I checked.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
12/18/08 3:05 p.m.

Dr. Pepper through the nose was ALMOST projeted onto keyboard...

Play-Doh really almost did me in!

Close call! Whew!

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
12/18/08 3:18 p.m.

Demeter Whiskey-Tobacco, for those who only want the finest women. CLICK HERE

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Reader
12/18/08 3:21 p.m.
Mental wrote: My wife is lukewarm to the idea, but my dogs love it.

I'm waiting for somebody to hose themselves down with the stuff and then walk into a dog park. It would make a great youtube vid.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
12/18/08 3:32 p.m.

I worked at a Hardees for awhile. Dogs loved me!

Mental
Mental SuperDork
12/18/08 3:36 p.m.
mistanfo wrote: Demeter Whiskey-Tobacco, for those who only want the finest women. CLICK HERE

That is funny. Last year I rode from Greenville SC back to Montgomery AL where I was TDY. Just outside of Atlanta I got suck in a 2 hour traffic jam....in July. I fought it as long as I could but the heat got to me and I had to take the jacket off. Once traffic started moving again I was still dying, so I left it off until just outside fo the city when I finally returned to safe operating tempratures. When I got back into the dorm building, someone noted I smelled like freewway. Which they pionted out wasn't a bad scent, it was just noteworthy. I held up my helmet and smiled.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/18/08 4:00 p.m.
Mental wrote: Last year I rode from Greenville SC back to Montgomery AL where I was TDY. Just outside of Atlanta I got suck in a 2 hour traffic jam....in July.

i was gonna tell you to quit bragging. anyone can get head in a traffic jam. but you got head on a bike in a traffic jam? hell, brag on, my friend! i got no answer for that.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
12/18/08 5:03 p.m.

I have been accused of "smelling like the Seven" after taking the Locost out for a run. It does not inspire lust in the female of the species, even if said female holds a competition rally license.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/18/08 5:14 p.m.
Jensenman wrote: But... but... all the AXE ads say women will swarm all over me if I douse myself with the stuff. You don't mean to tell me they lied, do you?

I think they got it right in their latest commercial. ASS body spray will make you smell like a giant walking turd all day.

benzbaron
benzbaron New Reader
12/18/08 5:22 p.m.

Try driving a buell with a bad valve seal and no evaporative controls. You smell like a mix of burned oil and gasoline.

The other good one would be welding, you smell like burned metal after. Or funky old car smell.

One more, try mink oil, the spray on stuff for boots. I'm not joking the stuff smells like donuts. A kind of sweet smell.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/18/08 5:34 p.m.
Jensenman wrote:
Sarah Young wrote: Honestly, if I had to choose between this and Axe, I'd rather be accosted with the burger stuff.
But... but... all the AXE ads say women will swarm all over me if I douse myself with the stuff. You don't mean to tell me they lied, do you? I think my wife would prefer 'loaded baked potato'.

Loaded baked potato scent is highly underestimated. I think you're onto something here... Maybe fillet mignon with a SIDE of baked potato and a whiskey hold the rocks. Yep. That sounds like a winner.

Carson
Carson HalfDork
12/18/08 6:03 p.m.
EastCoastMojo wrote: Loaded baked potato scent is highly underestimated. I think you're onto something here... Maybe fillet mignon with a SIDE of baked potato and a whiskey hold the rocks. Yep. That sounds like a winner.

My buddy's dad already wears that! Only take away the loaded baked potato and fillet mignon.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
12/18/08 6:05 p.m.

I smell like the Saab today.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
12/18/08 6:05 p.m.

....believe me, it's better than smelling like the Neon.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
12/18/08 7:20 p.m.
Carson wrote:
EastCoastMojo wrote: Loaded baked potato scent is highly underestimated. I think you're onto something here... Maybe fillet mignon with a SIDE of baked potato and a whiskey hold the rocks. Yep. That sounds like a winner.
My buddy's dad already wears that! Only take away the loaded baked potato and fillet mignon.

Yeah, I really think the secret is how the smells play off each other versus each one on it's own lol.

billy3esq
billy3esq Dork
12/18/08 7:33 p.m.

Whenever I ride in fairly recent SAABs or Volvos I pick up the distinctive scent of Scandinavian car leather. I haven't noticed any effect on my wife, but I like it.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/18/08 7:41 p.m.

drive a corvair, smell like a corvair....

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DYebg5VKLI5eHrs4POnTeNAOu0I3N7Zszyk09IsFjlSnBZzdT6wBT1AtnKfS1C5e