1 2
maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
9/12/09 8:31 p.m.

Buttons and Brawns early form is on a resurrection.
Vettel and Red Bull are right behind.
Mc Merc and Hamilton along with Ferrari have rebounded from early season kerfuffle.
STR seems to be floundering without driver continuity, or Vettel's genius.
Most importantly, Force India has GREAT form with the smallest budget.
Has Fisichella made the worst choice of his career, to leave his team when they are within earshot of winning?
Will Sutil live up to my expectations of him as a driver?
I have always said that everyone on the grid deserves to be there, and with the right car at the right track, any of them could be consummate winners.

fiat22turbo
fiat22turbo GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/12/09 8:57 p.m.

Hmm, I'd answer if I cared or could actually Watch the races.

EricM
EricM HalfDork
9/12/09 10:00 p.m.

F1 is still around? Huh, go figure...

oldsaw
oldsaw Reader
9/12/09 10:06 p.m.
fiat22turbo wrote: Hmm, I'd answer if I cared or could actually *Watch* the races.

You can answer if you access the tools available to you.

http://www.formula1.com/

Click on the "video' link and choose "race edits" - you get the FIA's recoup of each F1 race.

You'd probably know that, if you cared -which you don't.

oldsaw
oldsaw Reader
9/12/09 10:28 p.m.
maroon92 wrote: Buttons and Brawns early form is on a resurrection. Vettel and Red Bull are right behind. Mc Merc and Hamilton along with Ferrari have rebounded from early season kerfuffle. STR seems to be floundering without driver continuity, or Vettel's genius. Most importantly, Force India has GREAT form with the smallest budget. Has Fisichella made the worst choice of his career, to leave his team when they are within earshot of winning? Will Sutil live up to my expectations of him as a driver? I have always said that everyone on the grid deserves to be there, and with the right car at the right track, any of them could be consummate winners.

Brawn GP has learned lessons, but haven't achieved their early-season dominance.

RBR are also getting better, but are still behind BGP.

McLaren have dramatically improved and it's not just Hamilton.

STR is where they should be and will be until Berger and the guy who sacked Speed and Liuzi are gone.

ForceIndia has been a revelation over the last two races. Maybe it's a fluke, but seeing Fisi and Sutil perform so well, it brings joy to those who root for the under-dog.

Fisi is an Italian driving for Ferrari at Monza and has a chance to at least score points in his first race. His F1 career is nearly over, so this is a no-lose situation for him. What's not to like?

Sutil is one of "those" drivers who have excelled in lower formula, but took seats in lesser F1 teams. Great to see ForceIndia has made such great strides and that Sutil has stepped-up his performance accordingly. There are good things ahead for the man.

With a few exceptions, most every driver on the F1 grid should be there. Those who bought their way into field really don't last that long - it's Darwinism applied to modern F1 racing.

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
9/13/09 12:38 a.m.

That reminds me. Where is that vintage F1 streaming thread? The one that SHOULD be a sticky?

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
9/13/09 2:12 a.m.

The phrase " Silly Season" has never rung truer.

Seeing Fisi in the Prancing Horse is kinda freaking me out.

Force India seems to be kicking some big boy's ass, which is way cool.

I'm not sure what has happened to Kubica and Vettel this go-round. I consider them to be future winners, the Genuine Item.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
9/13/09 8:52 a.m.

Well there you go.. Brawn's fourth 1-2 finish of the season. Poor Lewis was doing well in 3rd, but spun it on the last lap.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado HalfDork
9/13/09 7:44 p.m.
maroon92 wrote: Buttons and Brawns early form is on a resurrection. Vettel and Red Bull are right behind. Mc Merc and Hamilton along with Ferrari have rebounded from early season kerfuffle. STR seems to be floundering without driver continuity, or Vettel's genius. Most importantly, Force India has GREAT form with the smallest budget. Has Fisichella made the worst choice of his career, to leave his team when they are within earshot of winning? Will Sutil live up to my expectations of him as a driver? I have always said that everyone on the grid deserves to be there, and with the right car at the right track, any of them could be consummate winners.

I still think it's the most entertaining season in years. I'm really enjoying it, especially since my beloved LMPs are in a little slump right now. Heck, the best show of the year here in the `States is GT2 (Corvette wins Mosport!)

Or maybe I'm just pissed that it was too late for me to get off work for Petit Le Mans when Audi announced they were coming..

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
9/13/09 8:02 p.m.

Don't worry man, I will bet at Petit in your place...It will be fun.

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
9/13/09 8:04 p.m.

I'm just mad that, for all the money that we were spending on cable, we didn't get the SPEED network. Literally, other than Discovery or Fox, it's the only channel I care about.

ProjectVIN
ProjectVIN New Reader
9/13/09 11:27 p.m.
confuZion3 wrote: I'm just mad that, for all the money that we were spending on cable, we didn't get the SPEED network. Literally, other than Discovery or Fox, it's the only channel I care about.

What cable network doesn't carry it? I'm ticked at Comcast's prices, but lately they've finally delivered with Speed HD and the NFL network among other things.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/14/09 6:39 a.m.

I was going to make a neat-o picture with a Brawn car, a Red bull car and Fonzie jumping a shark wearing an F1 jacket...

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Dork
9/14/09 8:45 a.m.
confuZion3 wrote: That reminds me. Where is that vintage F1 streaming thread? The one that SHOULD be a sticky?

they took it down for some reason, waiting for them to put it back up. It was very popular...

carguy123
carguy123 Dork
9/14/09 10:05 a.m.

Yes, this year has been pretty interesting and with the amount of passing and repassing it's hard to keep track sometimes. I sure wish they had more differentation between team cars so you could tell one driver more easily than trying to see helmet color.

Poor Hamilton. Did they ever announce what caused his last minute wreck? I couldn't see any apparent cause.

I'm not sure I'll watch next year's races due to the FOTA caving in. It seems F1 is finally on it's way to YawnTV with same manufacturer engines, etc.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
9/14/09 11:05 a.m.
carguy123 wrote: I sure wish they had more differentation between team cars so you could tell one driver more easily than trying to see helmet color.

If you'll notice the camera wing just above the driver's head/ air intake, one team car has it painted the car color, and one is painted a bright color (easy to spot). The one with the bright color is the team's "second" driver. A lot easier way to tell them apart; I rarely pay attention to the helmet.

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Dork
9/14/09 11:16 a.m.
carguy123 wrote: Poor Hamilton. Did they ever announce what caused his last minute wreck? I couldn't see any apparent cause.

it looks like the curbing bit him, they did rise the curbing for the race weekend. I think he jumped on the power and it just snapped on him, rough wreck...

Shaun
Shaun Reader
9/14/09 11:50 a.m.
oldsaw wrote:
fiat22turbo wrote: Hmm, I'd answer if I cared or could actually *Watch* the races.
You can answer if you access the tools available to you. http://www.formula1.com/ Click on the "video' link and choose "race edits" - you get the FIA's recoup of each F1 race. You'd probably know that, if you cared -which you don't.

Wow!! I got all giddy for a second and went to watch the "race edits". Thanks for the link. Too bad the "race edits" are a 3 minute exercise in: jiggling boobs, utterly meaningless snippets of off track excursions, cut back to jiggling boobs, repeat X 20- set to the latest euro pop. Once again, f1 inc completely sucks.

keethrax
keethrax New Reader
9/14/09 12:34 p.m.
Shaun wrote:
oldsaw wrote:
You can answer if you access the tools available to you. http://www.formula1.com/ Click on the "video' link and choose "race edits" - you get the FIA's recoup of each F1 race. You'd probably know that, if you cared -which you don't.
Wow!! I got all giddy for a second and went to watch the "race edits". Thanks for the link. Too bad the "race edits" are a 3 minute exercise in: jiggling boobs, utterly meaningless snippets of off track excursions, cut back to jiggling boobs, repeat X 20- set to the latest euro pop. Once again, f1 inc completely sucks.

Pretty much this. Those are hardly a substitute. Citing those as a way to watch the race is ridiculous.

oldsaw
oldsaw Reader
9/14/09 2:45 p.m.
keethrax wrote:
Shaun wrote:
oldsaw wrote:
Pretty much this. Those are hardly a substitute. Citing those as a way to watch the race is ridiculous.

What part(s) of "race edits" and "recoup" do you people not understand?

If one wants access to a live broadcast, pony-up the money for cable or satellite or figure-out a way to access live-streaming video off the web.

With Ecclestone and CVC owning the F1 broadcast rights, expecting something for free is delusional.

Shaun
Shaun Reader
9/14/09 3:31 p.m.
oldsaw wrote:
keethrax wrote:
Shaun wrote:
oldsaw wrote:
What part(s) of "race edits" and "recoup" do you people not understand? If one wants access to a live broadcast, pony-up the money for cable or satellite or figure-out a way to access live-streaming video off the web. With Ecclestone and CVC owning the F1 broadcast rights, expecting something for free is delusional.

Who is delusional? Why did you recommend this free crap as a "tool"?

keethrax
keethrax New Reader
9/14/09 5:17 p.m.
oldsaw wrote:
keethrax wrote:
Shaun wrote:
oldsaw wrote:
What part(s) of "race edits" and "recoup" do you people not understand? If one wants access to a live broadcast, pony-up the money for cable or satellite or figure-out a way to access live-streaming video off the web. With Ecclestone and CVC owning the F1 broadcast rights, expecting something for free is delusional.

You're the one who presented them as a tool/substitute for watching the race. No need to get your knickers in a twist when it's pointed out how foolish that is if you agree.

You can't have it both ways. Either:

• Mentioning it was a reasonable response to the guys complaint, in which case your most recent rant makes sense

or

• Your most recent rant makes sense, in which case you initial suggestion didn't.

Pick one.

Expecting them to have some reasonable ration of actual race coverage in their little videos isn'' unreasonable . Especially not after your recommendation. If that's your idea of a quality F1 product, then perhaps the complaints about F1 are well founded.

There probably aren't even cars on screen 75% of the time in those videos.

All they are is over-length poorly done commercials.

oldsaw
oldsaw Reader
9/14/09 6:35 p.m.
keethrax wrote:
oldsaw wrote:
keethrax wrote:
Shaun wrote:
oldsaw wrote:
You're the one who presented them as a tool/substitute for watching the race. No need to get your knickers in a twist when it's pointed out how foolish that is if you agree. You can't have it both ways. Either: - Mentioning it was a reasonable response to the guys complaint, in which case your most recent rant makes sense or - Your most recent rant makes sense, in which case you initial suggestion didn't. Pick one. Expecting them to have some reasonable ration of actual race coverage in their little videos isn'' unreasonable . Especially not after your recommendation. If that's your idea of a quality F1 product, then perhaps the complaints about F1 are well founded. There probably aren't even cars on screen 75% of the time in those videos. All they are is over-length poorly done commercials.

Sorry you both missed the sarcasm directed towards fiat22turbo. The provided-link is perfect for a non-F1 person; the kind who airs his disinterest in the sport on a thread full of fans who do enjoy it.

However, you guys wanted to believe you'd been gifted the Holy Grail of "something for nothing". Sorry for your disappointment.

F1 fans in the US have to pay (one way or another) for the privilege of watching the races.

Shaun
Shaun Reader
9/14/09 9:11 p.m.

Good luck.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
9/14/09 9:17 p.m.
Shaun wrote: jiggling boobs

you have my attention

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners