1 2
keethrax
keethrax New Reader
9/14/09 9:45 p.m.
oldsaw wrote: Sorry you both missed the sarcasm directed towards fiat22turbo. The provided-link is perfect for a non-F1 person; the kind who airs his disinterest in the sport on a thread full of fans who do enjoy it.

A thread full? His was the second post...

However, you guys wanted to believe you'd been gifted the Holy Grail of "something for nothing". Sorry for your disappointment. F1 fans in the US have to pay (one way or another) for the privilege of watching the races.

There's a big difference between something for nothing and everything for nothing. I don't think expecting a edited set of clips to provide something is unreasonable. If those abortions are what F1 thinks people want to see for their promotions, maybe that means something. I'm not sure if it says more about F1's target audience or just their opinion of their target audience but it sure says something bad about at least one of them. I'll leave it to an F1 expert/fan like yourself to pick, I'll freely claim insufficient knowledge. I watch F1 when I happen across it, but that's about it. I haven't found it particularly compelling in a long time.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
9/14/09 9:56 p.m.

Y'all chill. Formula One is the premier race series in the world, and it's followers are expected to act accordingly in a like manner. Petty arguements have no place between fans and followers.

The only people we can properly argue / bitch about are Bernie and Max, who are fair game any time.

So behave, or start following NASCAR.

keethrax
keethrax New Reader
9/14/09 10:04 p.m.
NYG95GA wrote: Y'all chill. Formula One is the premier race series in the world, and it's followers are expected to act accordingly in a like manner. Petty arguements have no place between fans and followers. The only people we can properly argue / bitch about are Bernie and Max, who are fair game any time. So behave, or start following NASCAR.

Heh. I really dig stock car racing at the lower levels, but get too far up there and it's more like WWF (excuse me, that's WWE now...) with wheels.

As far as F1 goes, I can take it or leave it currently. Where I used to really dig it.

Though rally will always been my favorite.

Shaun
Shaun Reader
9/14/09 10:53 p.m.
neon4891 wrote:
Shaun wrote: jiggling boobs
you have my attention

And to be perfectly clear. I love jiggling boobs.

What I don't like is- bernie or max; no matter how many jiggling boobs they can hire for their various cinematic projects. F1 inc can hobb my knob.

(legal disclaimer: this quip is not intended as a invitation to bernie or max to look me up for any cinematic or any other project, personal or otherwise.)

Shaun
Shaun Reader
9/14/09 11:01 p.m.
oldsaw wrote:
keethrax wrote:
oldsaw wrote:
keethrax wrote:
Shaun wrote:
oldsaw wrote:
fiat22turbo wrote: Hmm, I'd answer if I cared or could actually *Watch* the races.
You can answer if you access the tools available to you. http://www.formula1.com/ Click on the "video' link and choose "race edits" - you get the FIA's recoup of each F1 race. You'd probably know that, if you cared -which you don't.
Wow!! I got all giddy for a second and went to watch the "race edits". Thanks for the link. Too bad the "race edits" are a 3 minute exercise in: jiggling boobs, utterly meaningless snippets of off track excursions, cut back to jiggling boobs, repeat X 20- set to the latest euro pop. Once again, f1 inc completely sucks.
Pretty much this. Those are hardly a substitute. Citing those as a way to watch the race is ridiculous.
What part(s) of "race edits" and "recoup" do you people not understand? If one wants access to a live broadcast, pony-up the money for cable or satellite or figure-out a way to access live-streaming video off the web. With Ecclestone and CVC owning the F1 broadcast rights, expecting something for free is delusional.
You're the one who presented them as a tool/substitute for watching the race. No need to get your knickers in a twist when it's pointed out how foolish that is if you agree. You can't have it both ways. Either: - Mentioning it was a reasonable response to the guys complaint, in which case your most recent rant makes sense or - Your most recent rant makes sense, in which case you initial suggestion didn't. Pick one. Expecting them to have some reasonable ration of actual race coverage in their little videos isn'' unreasonable . Especially not after your recommendation. If that's your idea of a quality F1 product, then perhaps the complaints about F1 are well founded. There probably aren't even cars on screen 75% of the time in those videos. All they are is over-length poorly done commercials.
Sorry you both missed the sarcasm directed towards fiat22turbo. The provided-link is perfect for a non-F1 person; the kind who airs his disinterest in the sport on a thread full of fans who do enjoy it. However, you guys wanted to believe you'd been gifted the Holy Grail of "something for nothing". Sorry for your disappointment. F1 fans in the US have to pay (one way or another) for the privilege of watching the races.

What the hell. oldsaw, you need to get your blade sharpened. You have made NO SENSE whatsoever in this thread. Nor have you successfully insulted me, or whatever it is, or was, you might have been trying to do, whatever that is, or was. Whatever dude.

oldsaw
oldsaw Reader
9/14/09 11:30 p.m.

So Shaun and keethrax can't follow F1 because it isn't what 'it" used to be?

What "is"?

Keethrax, you chose to deliberately to ignore that my post was targeted to a specific poster. When you "freely claim insufficient knowlege" you acknowledge that F1 only appeals to you when you see fit.

Shaun, I'm in complete agreement on the "jiggly boobs" issue!

And as NYG95GA notes, if you have a problem with the current status of F1 broadcasts, Bernie and Max are a good place to direct your dissatisfactions.

One can push this argument in any direction they wish. But F1 fans know how the sport has evolved, dealt with it, and still find ways to enjoy it.

If one doesn't care for the current state of affairs, direct your complaints to the FIA, FOM, Bernie and Max.

BTW, good luck with that.

keethrax
keethrax New Reader
9/14/09 11:43 p.m.

In reply to oldsaw:

So you're saying that pretty much nobody should be allowed to point out failings because it won't help. Genius. I had no idea, and here I thought you'd fix it for us and that's why we were talking to you...

If you can't handle even mild criticism of something you like better, maybe you need to rethink why that criticism has that affect on you.

You've danced around any criticism by dismissing any dissenting opinion. In fact, that sounds an like current F1 leadership to me. I guess it's a perfect fit for you..

oldsaw
oldsaw Reader
9/15/09 12:21 a.m.
keethrax wrote: In reply to oldsaw: So you're saying that pretty much nobody should be allowed to point out failings because it won't help. Genius. I had no idea, and here I thought you'd fix it for us and that's why we were talking to you... If you can't handle even mild criticism of something you like better, maybe you need to rethink why that criticism has that affect on you. You've danced around any criticism by dismissing any dissenting opinion. In fact, that sounds an like current F1 leadership to me. I guess it's a perfect fit for you..

Anyone can voice their dissatifaction towards the FIA's current broadcast policy. Doing so on this forum means nothing to the FIA and its' accomplices. Keep in mind that "dissention" amongst the power-brokers in F1 have forced significant concessions that have (so far) avoided a contentious split between the FIA and the manufacturers.

"I" am not one of said power-brokers. Presuming "I" can fix it for you precludes "I" have omnipotent powers - sorry, "I" do not. Again, my apologies for you dissapointment(s).

If you demand "free" access to F1 race feeds, it appears you'll have to relocate to Europe or Asia where F1 is significantly more than a "niche" sport.

Criticize all you want, but my knickers are clean and fit just fine. And, please recognise that my original response was directed to a specific poster (not you) and that you have chosen to escalate the issue.

Perhaps we can agree to disagree?

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
9/15/09 8:57 a.m.

Geez, you guys will argue anything. Kudos to those who came in to an F1 thread to profess their dislike for it, as if the rest of us care.

Like/don't like, watch/don't watch, I don't care and neither does anyone else who likes the sport.

Lame.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sFK7pTpW1PQhHRsVJzBmmY124TG8JV1WikVkhpM6BEcJdR6hva1fldQ49eIxWrD2