1 2 3 4
vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/10/11 9:10 a.m.

How about the Corvette that gets destroyed for the sake of the story?...

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
4/10/11 11:27 a.m.

I agree with all of the above, but as a kid, I always hated Herbie getting trashed.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
4/10/11 11:51 a.m.
JFX001 wrote: I agree with all of the above, but as a kid, I always hated Herbie getting trashed.

HaHa!

Yeah, but it was actually fun to see the Jag get trashed.

My how things have changed.

Now I cut VW's in half and really wish I had a Jag.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/10/11 12:08 p.m.

Don't watch Hooper. Yeah they weren't cool supercars, but still some really neat stuff. Not to mention the town they blow up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLokDBOb7-U

kazoospec
kazoospec Reader
4/10/11 12:12 p.m.

Not a movie, but every time the Duke boys "jump" a Charger RT, I die a little inside.

If they stick with the shot long enough, you can pretty much tell it leaves the shoot on a wrecker.

grpb
grpb New Reader
4/10/11 2:03 p.m.

The 911's in Condorman, very traumatic theater experience: Condorman chase scene

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/10/11 2:20 p.m.

christine

when i saw the title i remembered how happy i was that the corvette summer car got put out of its misery

wspohn
wspohn Reader
4/10/11 3:23 p.m.
SOLORX7 wrote: the lambo. into the front end loader at the start of The Italian Job

Yup - before I even opened tyhe thread, that's what I was thinking about.

Dukes of Hazard? Performing a public service, ridding the world of noisy over weight ill-handling cars! Good parts source for Jensen engines, mind you.....

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar HalfDork
4/10/11 3:38 p.m.
wspohn wrote:
SOLORX7 wrote: the lambo. into the front end loader at the start of The Italian Job
Yup - before I even opened tyhe thread, that's what I was thinking about. Dukes of Hazard? Performing a public service, ridding the world of noisy over weight ill-handling cars! Good parts source for Jensen engines, mind you.....

Oh good grief.

dogbreath
dogbreath New Reader
4/10/11 4:12 p.m.

I once pulled the lever to crush a perfectly clean, running C4 'vette. Oddly satisfying...

NickF40
NickF40 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/10/11 4:37 p.m.

all in The Italian Job

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/10/11 5:36 p.m.

Aston in the first Daniel Craig Bond. What he'd have it for? Nine Minutes??

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Reader
4/10/11 6:59 p.m.

Some rather nice things were smashed up in Ronan.

MA$$hole
MA$$hole Reader
4/10/11 7:48 p.m.
grpb wrote: The 911's in Condorman, very traumatic theater experience: Condorman chase scene

Ok, now I must find this movie.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/10/11 7:52 p.m.

All of them. I started my own chapter of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Automobiles) to stop these brutal practices perpetrated by Hollywood.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
4/10/11 8:14 p.m.
grpb wrote: The 911's in Condorman, very traumatic theater experience: Condorman chase scene

Holy cow, that was insane! I actually had to look up the film after that clip. Cult movies rock.

I also followed the Wiki trail to Condorman's car..love that acronym.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_Design_and_Development

Ian F
Ian F SuperDork
4/10/11 8:20 p.m.
dogbreath wrote: Don't watch the original Gone in 60 Seconds. They... break a few cars... to say the least.

Or it's sequel - The Junkman

It bothers me more when classics get destroyed in newer movies. In older movies... well... it helps to remember back then they were just cars... often used ones or new ones that could purchased at the local dealer. Wrecking them was just another line in the production budget.

friedgreencorrado
4/10/11 8:37 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: I started my own chapter of PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Automobiles) to stop these brutal practices perpetrated by Hollywood.

If that ain't a "Say What?", I don't know what is.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
4/10/11 8:39 p.m.
oldtin wrote: Another Italian Job victim. Aston Martin DB5 convertible

Zees your Cah? Zees preetty cah.

friedgreencorrado
4/10/11 9:13 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
oldtin wrote: Another Italian Job victim. Aston Martin DB5 convertible
Zees your Cah? Zees preetty cah.

And that's an excuse to shove another quarter into the GRM jukebox..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQl91b7P8HI

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/11/11 10:17 a.m.

This: To this:

In Moving

But over all I would have to agree with the Italian Job.

kazoospec
kazoospec Reader
4/11/11 10:28 a.m.
wspohn wrote: Dukes of Hazard? Performing a public service, ridding the world of noisy over weight ill-handling cars! Good parts source for Jensen engines, mind you.....

What?!!!????? Now if you're talking about the patrol cars and "bad guy cars", I'm right there with you. Thankfully, many a bloated four-door Chrysler product met a fitting (and somewhat amusing) end courtesy of that show.

But the Chargers, come on man, those were a work of art! True, like most works of art, they had little practical value, but still . . .

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter SuperDork
4/11/11 10:31 a.m.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
4/11/11 11:49 a.m.

'68-'70 Chargers in general. The ONLY action movie I've seen where one appeared that wasn't wrecked was Mystery Men. Ok, maybe Blade didn't wreck his; I can't remember. But those things just seem to have a target painted on them any time they show up in a movie.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 Dork
4/11/11 12:34 p.m.
  1. How can googling "vanishing point crash" not produce a picture of a white Charger crashing into a bulldozer?

2. They berkeleying remade Vanishing Point? Why?! Whyyyyyyyy?!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HuNBAQ8HYLTCjAmUzG3q5V0AFhEj6NjWKPeIYrbep5UH24iwsQiAyIz5id7F558r