1 2 3 ... 5
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
11/13/14 12:41 p.m.

What old school product, that is still available, do you use because it's always worked even with the new fandangled products out there?

For me, I would have to say Brillo Pads. I cannot get my stove top cleaned any other way. They even make a stove top spray that's supposed help get the cooked on stuff off, but it just doesn't work. Brillo Pads though, always do.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
11/13/14 12:43 p.m.

Colgate. Original formula.

It's a paste, not a gel, and it doesn't taste like some minty crap.

My wife has a little trouble finding it for me.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
11/13/14 12:44 p.m.

Stan Smith Adidas tennis shoes. The only sneaker I can find that fits properly.

Nick_Comstock
Nick_Comstock PowerDork
11/13/14 12:48 p.m.

WD-40.

Use it for everything.

Burrito Enthusiast
Burrito Enthusiast HalfDork
11/13/14 12:49 p.m.

I still use Bon Ami for removing the lichens and crud off decades-old window seals.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
11/13/14 12:52 p.m.

Shaving cream that is a cream, not a gel or foam. This was inherited from my dad.
Shoes made in USA. They cost 3x more, but last about 10x longer (assumed--still wearing grandpa's to actually find out).

That is pretty much it, unless you count vintage stuff like guitars and vinyl records. But I use the new versions of that too, so... Meh.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
11/13/14 12:57 p.m.

Brasso.

I use it to clean the contacts on my old NES and Atari 2600 games. It works wonderfully.

For example, I have had the NES game Super C since it first came out back in '89 or '90. It stopped working a few months after I got it. I polished the contacts with Brasso earlier this year and it fired right up like it was fresh out of the package!!!

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
11/13/14 12:57 p.m.

Hard copies of electronic media like music, movies, and games. I want a physical object for my money, that I can reload from when - not if - it's required. Berk this "download only" crap.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/13/14 1:00 p.m.

Mechanical watches and double edge razors.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
11/13/14 1:18 p.m.

"#2 Ticonderoga pencils.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
11/13/14 1:18 p.m.

No. 2 Eagle pencils.

Brillo pads.

Got to the store and try to buy some of the scouring pads and Red devil lye and wait for the looks you get.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/13/14 1:20 p.m.

reel lawn mower and straight razor

Klayfish
Klayfish UltraDork
11/13/14 1:29 p.m.

Flip phone

I still E36 M3 in the woods too...well, OK, I'm not that old school.

Sky_Render
Sky_Render Dork
11/13/14 1:40 p.m.

Common Sense.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver UltraDork
11/13/14 1:50 p.m.
Klayfish wrote: I still E36 M3 in the woods too...well, OK, I'm not that old school.

Heh, Deer Camp has no sewer or septic, so... we're subjected to using an outhouse. This past summer, my (second) cousins built a new one - the old one was ~50 years old.

mtn
mtn UltimaDork
11/13/14 2:23 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: "#2 Ticonderoga pencils.
spitfirebill wrote: No. 2 Eagle pencils.

Heathens. Everybody knows that it needs to be a Mirado Black Warrior or nothing.

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Dork
11/13/14 2:43 p.m.
Burrito Enthusiast wrote: I still use Bon Ami for removing the lichens and crud off decades-old window seals.

Also good for scrubbing down windshields. Bar Keeper's Friend is actually better for pots and pans.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver PowerDork
11/13/14 2:46 p.m.

WD40 all the things

Double edge safety razor

Scratch make biscuits

Scratch make sausage gravy (sometimes even grind my own sausage)

Still have a large VHS collection

do not have a smart phone

tuna55
tuna55 UltimaDork
11/13/14 2:50 p.m.

Whiskey

ThunderCougarFalconGoat
ThunderCougarFalconGoat Reader
11/13/14 2:57 p.m.

Combustion engines

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/13/14 3:08 p.m.

I have a steamer in the kitchen with a mechanical timer, and a washing machine, and a dryer. Every time I buy something with an electronic keypad, it craps out. The mechanical ones work forever.

SEADave
SEADave Reader
11/13/14 3:10 p.m.

Film, mainly black & white and processing chemicals.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
11/13/14 3:12 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: "#2 Ticonderoga pencils.

I have not seen one of those in decades.

I use a 111 year old rifle with a 123 year old cartridge. And a new-fangled 60 year old rifle with a 128 year old cartridge. Do those count? Mechanical wrist watch. A razor strop. Barkeep's Friend. Infernal Combustion Engines. Windoze XP. Where do you draw the line on Old?

bludroptop
bludroptop UltraDork
11/13/14 3:19 p.m.

Radio.

I have one just like this in the living room. Sometimes I listen to baseball games.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
11/13/14 3:26 p.m.

And I don't have one, but I would LOVE to have a Colt 1911. I can't stand new fangled plastic guns.

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2sUc9SnkIBVbgYdZDp4olJNUcvk1sTbqV4J5i68SvtoQjmBLWZoza9nQbksW5DP4