1 2 3 4 5
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/13/14 3:27 p.m.

Roger that!

wbjones
wbjones UltimaDork
11/13/14 3:30 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Colgate. Original formula. It's a paste, not a gel, and it doesn't taste like some minty crap. My wife has a little trouble finding it for me.

that's my Mom …. for me it's original Crest … also tough to find sometimes

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
11/13/14 3:37 p.m.

Analog watch but it does use a battery.

Mug type shave soap with a brush, it's a Burma Shave mug but the soap is no longer available so I use a different brand.

DVD's. Yeah, I know; Blu Ray is the shizznit now.

REAL paper books. I like having books on a bookshelf, that way I can show people exactly what I dirty my mind with.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UberDork
11/13/14 3:42 p.m.

Beam type torque wrench.

Charcoal grill.

A 1980s era Zenith CRT type TV. Mrs. Mad Scientist bought it long before we were married, and it still works great.

I insist on making chocolate cake with melted baking chocolate and would only resort to cake mix in extreme emergencies.

NoBrakesRacing
NoBrakesRacing Reader
11/13/14 3:47 p.m.

Cast iron pans. 25+ year old osterizer glass blender, don't want plastic and works great, after years of sauces, adult drinks etc, out is now making baby food.

Just learned that a 1 pint mason jar threads in for a poor mans Magic Ninja type blender.

etifosi
etifosi Reader
11/13/14 3:51 p.m.

V8 Rear-wheel drive, body-on-frame cars.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic PowerDork
11/13/14 4:02 p.m.

Safety Razor

Phosphate dishwasher detergent (DIY, cut generic Cascade powder with Sodium Triphosphate, I just eyeball it, about a tablespoon in each compartment)

Cast iron frying pan and thin flexible stainless steel spatula.

1095 Carbon Steel butcher knife

Cell phone controlled entirely with buttons

etifosi
etifosi Reader
11/13/14 4:06 p.m.

Manners

neon4891
neon4891 UltimaDork
11/13/14 4:38 p.m.

Saftey razor/brush, cast iron fry pan. Car with 3 pedals.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
11/13/14 4:46 p.m.

sno seal http://www.amazon.com/Sno-Seal-Leather-Protector-All-Season/dp/B00JDCN4P4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1415918741&sr=8-2&keywords=snoseal

racerdave600
racerdave600 SuperDork
11/13/14 4:49 p.m.

Film....sometimes....

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
11/13/14 5:02 p.m.
  • English made Doc Martens (1pr is 22+ years old, the other 12)
  • Levi's
  • Thick copper bottom frying pan from my grandmother's kitchen
  • Benchmade Barrage pocket knife
  • VIM editor
  • Debian Linux
  • Remington 700BDL .270 (oh noes! hair trigger gonna kilz somebody!)
  • Kroil
  • A proper handshake
iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
11/13/14 5:13 p.m.

Mystery Oil

Film camera. 35mm

1987 Craftsman lawn mower.

1995 MTD snow blower.

and on and on

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
11/13/14 5:20 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: "#2 Ticonderoga pencils.

Mmmmm Ticonderoga pencils....

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/13/14 5:27 p.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

I finally gave up on Levi's after about 30 years, and it was a troubling choice for me. They started using thinner and thinner denim. I was also getting tired of the back pocket corners and belt loops tearing. I really didn't want to give up on them.

Now my jeans come from Carhartt or LL Bean.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
11/13/14 6:52 p.m.
Woody wrote: In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker: I finally gave up on Levi's after about 30 years, and it was a troubling choice for me. They started using thinner and thinner denim. I was also getting tired of the back pocket corners and belt loops tearing. I really didn't want to give up on them. Now my jeans come from Carhartt or LL Bean.

I used to wear the sears Roebuck work jeans for years. I don't know if they make them anymore.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/13/14 7:55 p.m.

Rooftop TV antenna, cast iron skillet, and not much else. I'm a certified, early-adopting technophile.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
11/13/14 8:08 p.m.

I have had this perpetual flip calendar on my desk for the last 14 years - I turn it daily and I look at it all the time to check the date. It sits on top of my 1970's era 10 key calculator that has survived 3-4 coffee spills - I just unplug and wait a few days and it dries out.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/13/14 8:16 p.m.
SVreX wrote: Colgate. Original formula. It's a paste, not a gel, and it doesn't taste like some minty crap. My wife has a little trouble finding it for me.

CVS has it. It's also what I use, because I really don't like gels or flavored crap. I tried rolling my own with baking soda, which worked but did some hardcore damage to the enamel on my teeth.

I have worn Converse All-Stars for 28 years. Past tense, unfortunately, since a month ago I went to buy new shoes and found them to be unavailable. Bought some Vans on clearance. Feel ashamed for that. I'd been wearing All-Stars since I was eight years old. Anything else feels heavy and clunky.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/13/14 8:21 p.m.
spitfirebill wrote: And I don't have one, but I would LOVE to have a Colt 1911. I can't stand new fangled plastic guns.

10mm or .40?

(Does anyone MAKE a 10mm 1911? I swear I've seen a .40 1911 before)

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/13/14 9:04 p.m.

Dish of soap and a horsehair brush. You can keep your fancy shave gels / creams in a can.

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/13/14 9:20 p.m.

I been using this clock radio since 1979.

photo GE1.jpg

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
11/13/14 9:35 p.m.

Compass and protractor and long math. I love doing math on paper. It soothes me. And drawing geometry, mechanical drafting, with a pencil? That's my jam.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD Dork
11/13/14 9:57 p.m.

I have one of these:

And one of these:

And one of these:

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/13/14 10:03 p.m.

Converse All-Stars. I've been wearing them since 1987. They are the only sneaker that doesn't make me get in-grown toenails.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KTNfnixNIn9lMUP4LDtUYBkGp8iuXocFIyl8Zt83eTdSadzGBCniTLx9QSp8PV4X