1 ... 3 4 5
Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/16/14 7:47 a.m.

Folding rulers, and old school angle finder. They were used a lot on the boat.

My metal lathe is 67 years old.

My air compressor is 43 years old and still available new, but expensive.

My vehicles are all fairly old.

I recently bought a 5hp outboard engine. It's 56 years old.

Mostly, I just prefer old stuff. It's sometimes cheaper, easier to repair, better built and lasts longer.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
11/16/14 8:52 a.m.

Does this fall under the "still available to purchase rule"?

I cleaned out my dad's house this summer and found this exact phone - I cleaned it up, wired it, and mounted it in my garage. It works and you can dial out on it. The downside is I never know who is calling and if I want to answer it when it rings.

When my 12 year old has girlfriends over and they tell us they have to call their parents I point them to use this phone and they stare and are never sure what to do.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/16/14 9:01 a.m.
Wally wrote:
84FSP wrote: Pretty sure my wife introduced me to the shower beer. She's a keeper.
Beer is easy. My wife got me a shower toaster. She seems very excited for me to try it out.

I don't think she likes you. Common sense says that this is a really bad idea. The toast will get wet and go all soggy.

freestyle
freestyle Reader
11/16/14 10:50 a.m.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PYIH4dnL3I

stuart in mn
stuart in mn PowerDork
11/16/14 11:38 a.m.
Toyman01 wrote: Folding rulers, and old school angle finder. They were used a lot on the boat.

I have one (and use) of those that was my dad's. It has a patent date of 1887 on it. Strictly speaking, they're called a sliding T bevel.

iceracer
iceracer PowerDork
11/17/14 11:15 a.m.

I have one of those an the folding ruler too.

I would use my reel mower but the iron wheels are worn and they slip on the grass.

Too lazy to fix.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 SuperDork
11/17/14 11:41 a.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy:

I keep one corded phone in the back bedroom. Always works when the power goes out.

smog7
smog7 Dork
11/17/14 7:52 p.m.

Safety razor with brush and shaving cream every. I daily drive a 1990 alltrac, isn't that old school enough? Car's three years younger than myself.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9iUJhGXk7wnxaSc3tuuJ5z2aJJ83gqFG3zsa3wn8ZT1hE4psb0KV0tLccDqT33He