1 2 3
slantvaliant
slantvaliant HalfDork
9/1/09 2:50 p.m.

Besides the actual work stuff - computer, phone, Machinery's Handbook, big planning calendar, and photos of ... oh, yeah, the wife and kids - I have a Classic Motorsports calendar (GRM calendar is at home.) and these:

Doc and a V8 Vega standing guard over Doc's Piston Cup and my OA mug. Photobucket

Motivational stuff.
Photobucket

And with this post, I am officially a half-dork! Of course, many pronounced me a dork long ago ...

RossD
RossD HalfDork
9/1/09 3:43 p.m.

other than work related things (computer, phone, drawings...) I have the GRM calender, a BASF calender with a 1941 Dodge Kingsway Special on it, a picture of a 1980? turbo trans am straight out of smokey and the bandit, a The Brain Game once a day calender, and lastly a .405 Winchester round (sans primer and propellant; 3-3/16" long )

ProjectVIN
ProjectVIN New Reader
9/1/09 4:03 p.m.

My study desk has 2 small Ferrari 512BB models and above it, autographed Flying Lizard stuff from Mid-Ohio.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/1/09 4:44 p.m.

Desk? What desk?

At work it's not really a desk:

Photobucket

At home, you can't see it any way. (I haven't cleaned it in a while):

Photobucket

I'll let y'all figure out what all that crap is...

pete240z
pete240z Dork
9/1/09 5:20 p.m.

Standard desk - computer, calculator, phone, pile of projects.

Standard wall - car pictures, calendar, kids pictures

pile of crap that makes the wife nuts

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 HalfDork
9/1/09 5:58 p.m.
914Driver wrote:
Autolex wrote:
914Driver wrote:
Autolex wrote: I can't show you a picture, but I sit in a room with a desk and two monitors and I fix things I can't talk about on a network that doesn't exist.
We work for the same company?
USAF?
Dept. of the Army. http://www.benet.wva.army.mil/

Hey me too. The working for the Army part. http://www.garrison.redstone.army.mil/

z31maniac
z31maniac Dork
9/1/09 9:34 p.m.

2 big monitors, GRM calendar on the cube wall, a ton of paper/tech manuals, CD cases and my big book of CDs and a pair of Grado headphones, there isn't much.

porksboy
porksboy Dork
9/1/09 10:07 p.m.

Lets see, a box of about 500 dead watch batteries, 2 dissasembled Rolex watch movements, 1 dissasembled Omega movement, 2 reassembled Tag Heuer watches, a Witschi Watch Expert II timing machine, A Croton project I am building for my wife for our anniversary.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
3/16/10 2:41 p.m.

Latest addition:

Goes well with the rest of the fleet:

mtn
mtn SuperDork
3/16/10 2:54 p.m.

My desk is a complete mess. Checkbooks, a speaker, contact solution, calculator, crackers, lamp, textbooks, notes, dirty plates, mouthwash... But my favorite piece is a Porsche piggy bank that was painted by my girlfriend.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic HalfDork
3/16/10 2:57 p.m.

I need the Triumph TR6 hot wheels. I will look later. My desk is too crowded for anything except for the Chevy Delivery Van with Gulf colors from my girlfriend.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
3/16/10 2:58 p.m.

A deer cigarette lighter, Tom Servo from MST3K, A F1 clock that doesnt work, a chopped off bottom of a Toyota gas pedal, Laguna Seca shot glass, beer bottle opener...

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
3/16/10 3:03 p.m.

A mountain dew. A mountain Dew Voltage. An Amp Energy Juice. A mouse, a keyboard, a monitor. 80lbs of paper. Stupid motivational crap. My "Certificates of Acheivement." Headphones. Headset. Earbuds. Calculator. Calender. GRM Calender. Staple puller. Stapler. Tape. Scissors. Post-its. Nalgene bottle. Coffee cup. Keys. Badge. Avaya phone. In/Out boxes. Batch sheets. Claims info binders.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
3/16/10 4:36 p.m.

I went out today to drop off a shipment. While I was gone, wifey CLEANED MY DESK!! There is Nothing on my desk now! Argghh, I hate it when she does that. Miss Congeniality- no. Miss Neatfreak, yes. OK, she left the GRM calender on the wall.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/16/10 5:26 p.m.
cwh wrote: I went out today to drop off a shipment. While I was gone, wifey CLEANED MY DESK!! There is Nothing on my desk now! Argghh, I hate it when she does that. Miss Congeniality- no. Miss Neatfreak, yes. OK, she left the GRM calender on the wall.

Was your stuff in a box when you came back?

cwh
cwh SuperDork
3/16/10 7:38 p.m.

Hey Porksboy. PM me please. I tried, but it bounced back.

porksboy
porksboy Dork
3/16/10 8:06 p.m.
cwh wrote: Hey Porksboy. PM me please. I tried, but it bounced back.

PM sent. I checked my profile but dont see where my email addy would be. Any suggestions?

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/16/10 9:13 p.m.
MiatarPowar wrote: Beetle Pen holder that I got from the VW display at NAIAS09

I have one too. They were molding them out of broken tail lights. I also have a phone, three generatons of Weinermobile banks, a pile of pictures, and 6 months of accident reports waiting to be scaned in.

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
3/16/10 9:23 p.m.

Three monitors, a keyboard, and a mouse. Clean-desk policy sucks.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
3/16/10 10:23 p.m.

No desk at work. I'm an operator, not a paper-pusher.

SWMBO just gave me a desk at home, she didn't have room for it in her room (different work/school hours, separate b'rooms. Works for us, we're both finally getting some sleep).

Had it a week, already have a 20yr old Emerson 16" TV, the old PS2, a disassembled Tamiya 1/12th scale Matra MS11 that I'm converting to Sir Jackie's `68 MS10 (Matra V12 out, Cosworth V8 in), a stack of PS2 games (including GT4 and Tourist Trophy), my DVD copy of "Le Mans", the renewal notices for my licence plates, and an International Auto Parts (Alfa/Fiat/Lancia) catalog.

I've got the Hot Wheels TR-6. And the Datsun 510, but only the black one. I saw the gold one in the same bin, but I've never seen one of the blue ones!

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/31/12 10:35 p.m.

I will bring this back from the way dead.

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade SuperDork
7/31/12 10:43 p.m.

It's been declared an EPA Superfund cleanup site.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro SuperDork
7/31/12 10:47 p.m.

Way better than any desk, anywhere, ever:

A 1934 Packard V12 Coupe Convertible on the left and a 1930 Duesenberg model J Lagrande Dual-Cowl Phaeton on the right.

I love my bay.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/31/12 10:50 p.m.

In reply to Trans_Maro:

You win.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/31/12 11:00 p.m.

I'm home right now and, yes, it's a mess: 5 ball caps, 1 other hat, a few dozen CDs piled in two stacks, a few Agent Orange cassette tapes (yes, really), two empty glasses cases, Sunpass toll pass, Delta Skymiles member cards, MacBook Pro on stand w/separate keyboard, PCA newsletter, note pad, lens cap, Anthrax ticket from 2003 plus after-show meet and greet pass, empty drinking glass, wallet, iPhone, glass mug full of guitar picks, sunglasses, ChapStick, assorted keys, headphones, stack of business cards, wristwatch, a few Post-Its, earplugs, tape dispenser, Advil, PCA Porsche Parade autocross trophy (second place!), lug nut, Compact Flash card, a dime, business card holder, scanner, coaster, Keep This Coupon coupon, fortune cookie fortune, money clip, unopened package of basketball trading cards, Compact Flash card reader, iPod, USB cable, five (yes, five) plastic plaques purchased from a 100 yen store that may or may not say "don't pee here", desk lap, assorted papers, SCCA and PCA membership cards, Honda oil pan drain plug o-ring, rechargeable bike headlight, mint Lifesaver (single unit in clear wrapper), rubber band, Vic Elford sticker, lens cleaner, dental floss, thumb drive.

And that's just the left side of my desk....

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dv87sdOO3fHXsyhPMXMaoaeLLWVCypvsCcuOhB9wDFTNzGMay0PH3IzOiZlXE70G