1 2 3 4 ... 9
The Hoff
The Hoff UltraDork
4/12/16 12:44 p.m.
egnorant wrote:
NOHOME wrote: Seems to be something in the coffee
This Mustang was beaten upon by a tornado. The memes are just some guy trying to be relevant. Bruce

Welcome to the internet

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
4/12/16 12:49 p.m.
NOHOME wrote: Seems to be something in the coffee

Needs the added line: and STILL faster than your Honda.

Happy Carmore
Happy Carmore MegaDork
4/12/16 12:55 p.m.

Happy Carmore
Happy Carmore MegaDork
4/12/16 12:55 p.m.

Happy Carmore
Happy Carmore MegaDork
4/12/16 12:56 p.m.

Happy Carmore
Happy Carmore MegaDork
4/12/16 12:56 p.m.

NickD
NickD Dork
4/12/16 1:49 p.m.

Heh.

Heh. Heh.

Travis_K
Travis_K UberDork
4/12/16 2:40 p.m.
NickD wrote: Ever watched the Mustang Week footage? It's amazing that any cars survive that event. There are videos of them coming out of the venue and 3 or 4 of them will wipe out right in a row.

They really should put a tire wall or similar along the median in the location in those videos. It seems like most high powered rwd cars have similar issues with the driver just suddenly holding the gas pedal to the floor until the car is totalled. The last one I saw was at an autocross, a Corvette spun through the lights and the driver kept his foot in it too long and looped it waaay off course, hit a spectator hard enough to send him flying, and finally stopped about 10 feet from a row of parked cars.

slowride
slowride HalfDork
4/12/16 2:54 p.m.

2 or 3 years ago, it was the same thing but with Corvettes.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/12/16 3:24 p.m.

/fakeflounder/

\fake flounder\

Happy Carmore
Happy Carmore MegaDork
4/12/16 4:43 p.m.

Happy Carmore
Happy Carmore MegaDork
4/12/16 4:51 p.m.

sirrichardpumpaloaf
sirrichardpumpaloaf Reader
4/12/16 5:21 p.m.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 SuperDork
4/12/16 5:29 p.m.

Just when you thought the sidewalk was safe...

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
4/12/16 5:31 p.m.

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/12/16 5:39 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: Hey, as a Mustang owner.... Yeah, okay. Most mustang owners are that guy. I give up. But just wait till the hellcats get cheap. you just think you've seen carnage. I guess it's always going to be that way when HP is cheap.

What makes you think it's non-rich people being idiots?

Horsepower attracts idiots. New horsepower attracts a higher level of idiot because they don't always appreciate what their car can do, in a "don't call up what you can't put down" sense.

• Idiot
ronholm
ronholm Dork
4/12/16 5:48 p.m.

This is how the Camaro guys do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3yrxrcxTUc

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
4/12/16 9:59 p.m.

Does this mean that the Mustang has replaced the Chrysler 300 as the douchebag car of choice?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/12/16 10:34 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: Does this mean that the Mustang has replaced the Chrysler 300 as the douchebag car of choice?

it would have to get a lot uglier first. There is a garage around here putting the 300 on dubs with two tone paint jobs, and lot of chrome or gold trim. Makes an already overbearing car all the worse

oldsaw
oldsaw UltimaDork
4/12/16 10:48 p.m.
ronholm wrote: This is how the Camaro guys do it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3yrxrcxTUc

That's how good racers deal with catastrophic brake failure and are determined to get back to the paddock.

Camaro guys have to figure out exiting trailer parks before tackling car shows.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
4/12/16 11:08 p.m.
oldsaw wrote:
ronholm wrote: This is how the Camaro guys do it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3yrxrcxTUc
That's how good racers deal with catastrophic brake failure and are determined to get back to the paddock. Camaro guys have to figure out exiting trailer parks before tackling car shows.

They do pretty good if they just smacked their wives around and thr copsare chasing em.

Rufledt
Rufledt UltraDork
4/12/16 11:45 p.m.

As the brother of a mustang guy, this made me lol

My dad has a couple mustangs, and has yet to do a burnout, brake stand, or plow through a crowd of people. I guess I should let him know he isn't a real mustang guy

Vracer111
Vracer111 Reader
4/13/16 12:17 a.m.

I witnessed a single car accident into a light pole at a fairly good clip at an Evolution Autocross Phase I course I took many years back. Driver was seriously injured. Don't know what the driver was thinking, but instead of just slowing down and braking to bring the car back under control, he was trying to correct with throttle and went right into a light pole. If I remeber correctly it was a Mustang Cobra convertible that he just recently got. I know Ann Hollis remembers the incident since she was my instructor and saw it as well and was the one to get someone to call emergency personnel and police.

I still think the MOPAR guys are the biggest idiots of all though...all issues I've had have been with Challenger R/T and Charger R/T drivers. Seriously, who, while waiting at a red light with several cars in front and many more behind, revs their car incessantly and obnoxiously then proceeds to do a burnout with smoke pouring out the wheel well and everywhere for a good 10+ seconds. Or who, while on a single lane cloverleaf, sees a car coming up quick behind them (but the car coming up is slowing down to match their speed) with a completely clear road infront and just slams on the brakes instantly slowing down by nearly 30mph - Charger R/T drivers, that's who. Apparently they feel very threatened by the FR-S/BRZ...

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
4/13/16 1:08 a.m.

I think the "dounches in Mopars" thing is due to the fact that (where I live anyway) the Dodge dealer will finance you when no-one else will.

Heck, in one of their radio ads, one of the local dealers even claims they will finance you "when even your mama won't lend you money".

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UberDork
4/13/16 6:40 a.m.
Knurled wrote:
ultraclyde wrote: Hey, as a Mustang owner.... Yeah, okay. Most mustang owners are that guy. I give up. But just wait till the hellcats get cheap. you just think you've seen carnage. I guess it's always going to be that way when HP is cheap.
What makes you think it's non-rich people being idiots? Horsepower attracts idiots. New horsepower attracts a higher level of idiot because they don't always appreciate what their car can do, in a "don't call up what you can't put down" sense. - Idiot

Oh, I agree that there are also rich idiots. It's just that statistically there are much fewer of them. When only 10% of the population can afford a car capable of these feats of asshattery there are much fewer wrecks than when 75% of the population can afford it. Arguably 20 years ago the amount of money required to purchase dangerous levels of HP was much higher, and therefore the number of idiot/HP crashes were lower simply because fewer people could afford the power. In 1995 435HP Mustangs were pretty rare. In 2015 every single GT sold had 435HP.

1 2 3 4 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uXNVjW4hTsaf3bUwt72ybKnpTXpnItqksUEbPyN9r4Iflvu5H4iLhn6HSveYDuGB