1 2 3
Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/19/08 11:18 a.m.
walterj wrote: I have The Truck, The Racecar, The Red Car and The POS VW.

That could be a funny way ta name yer cars if'n ye be switchin' up the names so they go with cars they don't describe. Call yer truck the "POS VW" and yer racecar "The Truck".

Har har har.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/19/08 11:19 a.m.
HappyAndy wrote: but if "black bastard" translated into Sweedish has the right sound I think that would stick!

svart nästa

RogerB
RogerB HalfDork
9/19/08 1:09 p.m.

The only vehicle I, or anyone in my family, ever named was a '66 Chevy Pickup we had when I was a kid that we called "Ol' Blue". There wasn't a single body panel on it that wasn't dented in some way. The hood had flown up while driving on multiple occasions and was held down with a short piece of chain. It had been run into by numerous farm implements. The windshield was one big spiderweb of cracks. It was an all-purpose workhorse. It had a big diesel tank in back for refuelling tractors. it had removable racks that mounted on the front and rear bumper for moving irrigation pipe. We had a special wheel with a spindle welded on that we would put on the rear wheel that we would then put a spool on to roll up electric fence. As far as I know, it's still out on the farm somewhere "rusting in peace"

My 3 yo son named our current vehicles: The Contour is called "The White Car", or just "The Car". The Sienna is called "The Red Van" or just "The Van".

HappyAndy
HappyAndy New Reader
9/19/08 9:22 p.m.
John Brown wrote:
HappyAndy wrote: but if "black bastard" translated into Sweedish has the right sound I think that would stick!
svart nästa

svart nasta it is then

924guy
924guy HalfDork
9/20/08 8:46 a.m.

my 82-931 is called "Smokey" ... after blowing the seals on two turbos...it kind of fit.. I call the 78-924 Fish, because that what she smelled like when I finally went to get her after almost 8 years of sitting...the g/f calls her Rosie though, because of the color..

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb Reader
9/21/08 4:00 p.m.

The Little Turquoise Bastard 1993 TSi-AWD Talon

Miricle the Miata 1990 Miata (purchased for $200, babe rally veteran)

bastomatic
bastomatic Dork
9/21/08 6:09 p.m.

I named the Civic VX "Shoe," cuz it looks like one, and it's cheaper than walking.

The Fit is named "the Wagovan," for obvious reasons.

Lesley
Lesley Dork
9/21/08 8:30 p.m.

My truck's the "Mighty Dak", MX-3's the Emmex, 323 is the Green Hornet.

shuttlepilot
shuttlepilot New Reader
9/21/08 11:11 p.m.

Only one car in the family has earned itself a name. The VW is often referred to as "the turd".

spitfirebill
spitfirebill HalfDork
9/22/08 4:19 p.m.

When my 64 Spitfire is acting up... "you little whore".

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
9/22/08 4:28 p.m.

A friend of mine had a MGB GT which was originally BRG but because it spent a lot of time in the sun was a nondescript faded crappy color. His kids named it the Cockroach.

tuffburn
tuffburn New Reader
9/24/08 4:15 a.m.

my wagons name is laurel, shes an 88 toyota all trac wagon. my old 89 merkur, its name was mud. most broken troublesome pos ever, it was like a rebadge truimph! but oh it was fun to drive, anyone can look like a swedish rally star in a merkur.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xn7CMaKBJ0zHeZMyg0wzfjabaJobj2Ud4jw2o4i8KUB1JrnTH41AC5xFhvfXWpHU