1 2 3 4
barefootskater
barefootskater Reader
4/20/18 11:43 p.m.

3.7 miles. 10 minutes by car from my door to the time clock. 15 by bike from driveway to parking lot. #spoiled

tjbell
tjbell Reader
4/21/18 9:34 a.m.

Update: the interview went well, offered me a position, but the hours sucked (7AM to 9 PM 3 days a week) and wayyyyy to low of a dollar figure !

imgon
imgon Reader
4/21/18 11:40 a.m.

That's too bad it didn't work out. Seems like a brutal shift but I suppose with a 4 day weekend every week if the pay was right you could get used to it.  Keep looking the right one will come along.  No need to worry about a long commute for now.

Erich
Erich UltraDork
4/21/18 11:51 a.m.

In reply to tjbell :

Wow those hours are nearly unworkable with a long commute. You'd be out of the house for work from 6AM to 10PM. 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
4/23/18 7:50 p.m.

20 minutes of beautiful tree lined back roads. I'm excited to get MazdaFace up and running again for it. 

secretariata
secretariata GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/23/18 8:29 p.m.

13 miles each way.  About 3 miles of suburban primary & secondary routes, 8 miles of interstate, and 2 miles of city streets.  Takes about 25 minutes in the morning from the time I walk out the front door until I'm at my desk because I go in early & beat the rush.  Trip home usually varies from 25-50 minutes depending on what time I get out of the office, but even getting out early the traffic has been noticeably heavier over the past 6 months.  Even worse, a major long-term construction project will get underway in about 2 years that will take at least 5 years to finish that I'll have to go through every day.  Not sure how badly that is gonna suck.  But, I have to admit this is much better than the 15 mile commute I had in NOVA 20 years ago.  That was an hour each way on a good day...

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OR6a5CdTYArNI3U6s8h7Oj2auQxaDR51WdBZfmLDFnwM51K8U2WbsFBWdTDL5aRu