gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/30/22 9:52 p.m.

https://www.macofalltrades.com/

purchased several over the years, zero complaints

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/30/22 10:33 p.m.

I have been buying phones from Unihertz. They are a little crowdfunded company from Shanghai. When I have an issue I ask on their Facebook page and one of their techs helps me out. They have recently started a how to page so owners can change their own batteries and speakers etc. You do not get that from Apple and the phones are quite inexpensive.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/13/22 10:21 a.m.

Bringing this back up. Still haven't pulled the trigger but last night I had to put the X in the  freezer because it was overheating again. With one app open. *sigh* Guess I'm going to have to just spend the truck money and get something I want.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/13/22 10:22 a.m.

Ha, when I first saw this thread, my first impulse was "spam!"

Then I saw who started the thread. :) 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/13/22 10:24 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

likely still spam

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/13/22 10:39 a.m.
bobzilla said:

Bringing this back up. Still haven't pulled the trigger but last night I had to put the X in the  freezer because it was overheating again. With one app open. *sigh* Guess I'm going to have to just spend the truck money and get something I want.

Do you think its worth it to back it all up to iCloud and perform a phone reset? You can then download all the stuff from iCloud again.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/13/22 11:03 a.m.

In reply to Slippery :

That's been done. Twice. 

BoulderG
BoulderG GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/13/22 11:07 a.m.

Thanks to this forum, I just bought a Google Pixel 6 Pro from Swappa. Refurbished. Good price ($513)

Arrived quickly and in good shape. Ecept they sent an iPhone cord, not USB-C. And it was white, not black (minor, since I put a case on it).

For the first day, the UBS-C cables didn't seem to connect right and wouldn't show on my Desktop as a USB drive. That was stressful, but it seemed to solve itself.

Seller responded pretty quickly, but responses weren't really on target and didn't address my questions. He's asked me to send the incorrect cord back and given an address, but nothing about sending me the correct one.

Anyway, thanks to GRM Hive for the info about Swappa!

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/13/22 11:11 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

You know how the saying goes ... third time's a charm cheeky

jmabarone
jmabarone Reader
10/17/22 8:15 a.m.

I've had good results with Backmarket.  Bought a few iPads and my wife's iPhone from them.  

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/17/22 9:22 p.m.

Came across one of the eBay refurbers selling their last 12 pro max 256gb. $149 off their normal price. $395 shipped ($29 in tax). Shows delivery by Friday. They have a lot of repeat buyers and great feedback so we will see. Best price I've found on what I wanted. Sell off the X for $150 and boom new to me iphail for a fraction of the cost. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/19/22 7:59 a.m.

Well that didn't work.... "out of stock. We are sorry for the inconvenience and have given you a full refund"

Back to the drawing board.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/15/22 1:22 p.m.

Just came back from lunch. Found a 12 Pro locally this weekend, price dropped last night and I met them at the phone store (T-mobile). Phone checked out, battery health in the 90% range and clean IMEI. gave him the money and they got my phone swapped over in abou 15 minutes. 

So yay! A positive marketplace sales experience!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aeO8z3FRtWfOhQY7VlHeSVitLDV9yRjf3YhPlT2xIjAhkcv6dlmCJYJKFqO8GHbH