David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
8/8/18 2:17 p.m.

Just sorting through some photos from this past weekend. This is the middle of nowhere, right? Colorado? Utah? Arizona?

How about Corona Heights Park, right in the middle of San Francisco. 

Very cool place. Windy and barren, but right in the middle of the city. 

D2W
D2W HalfDork
8/9/18 8:39 a.m.

I wouldn't exactly call that a mountain top. Its all about perspectives I guess.

David S. Wallens
8/9/18 9:41 a.m.
D2W said:

I wouldn't exactly call that a mountain top. Its all about perspectives I guess.

Well, it's a mountain top photo. :)

David S. Wallens
8/9/18 9:46 a.m.

Also, during that walk we came across a ton of cool cars--and now my friend wants a 107 Benz. I've been posting the car photos on Instagram. 

Ransom
Ransom GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/9/18 11:21 a.m.

Ha! I thought it looked kinda familiar. You were probably steps from one of my favorite places as a kid: The Josephine D Randall Junior Museum.

They had all kinds of classes there. Ceramics, model rocketry, model aircraft, computer programming (Basic on Apple IIs!), we rebuilt a 1964 Honda Dream, built a replica of an early hang glider from... 1903? Might have been a Chanute Glider? And a small zoo.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
8/9/18 12:22 p.m.

I was going to go all Biblical and call out Mount Sinai.........oh well.  

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
8/9/18 12:24 p.m.

About 14 years ago we flew to San Francisco to vacation and drove to Los Angeles along the entire PCH.  

Since it was the middle of June we figured we would pack all our summer clothes and we ended up freezing in SF and we bought coats and hoodies in the gift shop.  So when I see someone with a SF or Fisherman's Wharf jacket I ask them if they bought it one cold summer day.  

David S. Wallens
8/9/18 1:27 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

About 14 years ago we flew to San Francisco to vacation and drove to Los Angeles along the entire PCH.  

Since it was the middle of June we figured we would pack all our summer clothes and we ended up freezing in SF and we bought coats and hoodies in the gift shop.  So when I see someone with a SF or Fisherman's Wharf jacket I ask them if they bought it one cold summer day.  

I took that photo this past Saturday, right after the press intro from the updated MX-5. It was downright chilly up on that peak. Down in the city proper, we were comfortable in shorts.

During the MX-5 drive, we went from Pismo Beach to Monterey to San Francisco--three days and two nights. Temps ranged from 50s to 104.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/9/18 8:34 p.m.
D2W said:

It's a huge berking mountain for us FL folk. 

D2W
D2W HalfDork
8/10/18 8:22 a.m.
Stampie said:
D2W said:

It's a huge berking mountain for us FL folk. 

Like I said its all about perspective;)

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
8/12/18 12:24 a.m.

Oldest mountains in the world are amongst the smallest or am I digressing?smiley

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wcPY6NYTy1ENjIY8CbjU9NFcfSDll3hEWapFfaeYd8yQbqNhOqRma2jZfczhFfzj