1 2
aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/7/22 1:35 p.m.
John Welsh said:

Be "that guy" who brings political discussion to the otherwise politic-free Christmas party with this.

I once dreaded bringing a pull string George Bush (the first one) doll to one of those since I was pretty sure the crowd, in general, would not be a fan.   

It was likely the most popular item there!  

Shadeux
Shadeux GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/7/22 1:49 p.m.

In reply to mtn :

Why the hell do I suddenly desire a sextant?

Actually, my wife would know how to use it.. hmm, possible Christmas gift.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/7/22 1:53 p.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

How about an IKEA coffee table.  It has to be assembled, during which your engineer friend can measure tolerances and marvel at the good and bad parts.  "How do they expect this pot metal cam lock to support the side loads on the legs while being in torsion?"  or  "wow, they really used a sharp bit to machine this rabbet."

When it's done, they have a coffee table.

Engineers? Deliver it in pieces, discard all boxes, descriptions, names, labels, and instructions. 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
12/7/22 4:59 p.m.

Various ideas:

Buy something from a thrift store - it may well have been destined for a landfill anyway, and a likely place to find seriously weird stuff.

A sampler pack of beverages listed on bumwine.com.

The weirdest canned food you can find. Caviar, maybe. Or rattlesnake - although the canned rattlesnake on Amazon gets a lot of complaints that you mostly get water and bones.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/8/22 12:41 a.m.

I was watching Finigans garage and saw these.

they will be delivered Friday.  Not sure who the victim will be but it should be fun.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
12/8/22 9:11 a.m.
procker said:

Dollar store picture frame.  Remove the display photo (or flip it over) and tape scratch off lottery tickets to it, then return it in the frame, to display.  Wrap in some weirdo or odd wrapping paper, too.

People think it's a cheap frame, but may actually have an opportunity to win some $$.

Good idea! You could also do it with a $20 bill taped inside, and either tell them at the end or for extra chaos tell them as soon as they open it and you'll witness people trying to take it and arguing over whether the $20 goes with it.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/23/23 3:26 p.m.
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/23/23 3:27 p.m.
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/23/23 3:29 p.m.

Auto cleaning gel?   Good for keyboards too!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/23/23 3:32 p.m.

Slipper duster?   With money left for the Adult Wal-Mart coloring book.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/23/23 3:39 p.m.
DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP Dork
8/23/23 4:37 p.m.

I did 25 kinder eggs in a gift box once because I didn't want to be involved in future gift exchanges. 

It was an absolute hit so that didn't work. 

ToManyProjects
ToManyProjects Reader
8/23/23 7:40 p.m.

One year we had a $20 budget. In my box was a $10 VCR from a thrift shop, along with 10 copies of Jerry Mcguire.

Another year I gave $20 worth of random foreign currency from the local coin shop's "10 items for a dollar" box. One of the notes turned out to be a rare WWII Japanese note worth over a grand. The guy has been a coin and bill collector ever since.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/23/23 10:43 p.m.
914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/24/23 7:56 a.m.

What size are the bottles in MREs?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NoGwXsMNwNyatNy3AQivYvXnbCdJ9oi26FFhdKf5ZkWtq5gHCXJBRCtw23T4yo5c