1 2
That_Renault_Guy
That_Renault_Guy GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/15/16 2:25 p.m.

That little red spec of paint? That is on the 2012 silver Camry parked next to me yesterday after my 9yo opened her door a little too much.

The owner of said Camry did not think that an immediate humble and sincere apology was a sufficient reaction to his plight. Nor was my sharing all of my contact info, including insurance company and policy number.

No, this jackass had to call the cops.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
2/15/16 2:28 p.m.

Was this asshat also complaining of neck pain? SRSLY?

That_Renault_Guy
2/15/16 2:35 p.m.

Seriously.

He wasn't angry, he just couldn't let it go. It was still enough to make both of my kids cry (he was totally unmoved).

Once the police came and filled out an "incidental contact on private property" report and explained how Michigan no-fault works he seemed satisfied.

It was just so strange. This guy was in his mid-sixties, how does somebody live that long with no common sense whatsoever? His life must be exhausting.

RealMiniParker
RealMiniParker UberDork
2/15/16 2:43 p.m.

You have his address, right?

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/15/16 3:08 p.m.

The police came out to that? At work the police generally won't come out without physical injuries otherwise exchange information and you can come to a police station within 10 days of you really want a report.

That_Renault_Guy
2/15/16 3:15 p.m.
Wall-e wrote: The police came out to that? At work the police generally won't come out without physical injuries otherwise exchange information and you can come to a police station within 10 days of you really want a report.

I was pretty shocked, too. Squad car was there within 15 minutes.

When he started to call I was expecting them to tell him that we would have to come to the station and was planning on how I would explain to him that I had no interest in doing that whatsoever.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
2/15/16 3:25 p.m.

Did he ask the cops to cuff your 9-year-old?

RossD
RossD UltimaDork
2/15/16 3:29 p.m.

Who knew stupid people could get that old without sticking their hootus in some whirling mechanical device or kicking elevator doors open and falling in?

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
2/15/16 3:32 p.m.

Asshat Queen For a Day, bonus dix for making the kids cry.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
2/15/16 4:08 p.m.

What a berkeleying vajajay. And people ask me why I don't want to own a Toyota.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
2/15/16 4:09 p.m.

Cool I leaned a new word today.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/15/16 4:09 p.m.

That guy has WAY too much time on his hands.

The cops in your town have WAY to much time on their hands.

That_Renault_Guy
2/15/16 4:35 p.m.
aircooled wrote: That guy has WAY too much time on his hands. The cops in your town have WAY to much time on their hands.

They was takin' plaster tire tracks, Footprints, dog-smellin' prints and they took twenty-seven 8 x 10 colored Glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of Each one explainin' what each one was, to be used as evidence against us. Took pictures of the approach, the getaway, the northwest corner, the Southwest corner . . . And that's not to mention the aerial photography!

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
2/15/16 4:41 p.m.

In reply to That_Renault_Guy: "We figgered one big pile was better than two little piles"

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/15/16 5:06 p.m.

Recommend a better matching brand of touch up paint to him as the self repairs to the rear and above today's incident look far worse than the spec of red. Grey, silver, who gives an E36M3 apparently.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/15/16 5:27 p.m.

I'm pretty sure if you call the Goose Creek PD about a door ding, they might, cuff you, stuff you and drop your stupid ass of in the swamp somewhere.

That_Renault_Guy
2/15/16 5:42 p.m.
captdownshift wrote: Recommend a better matching brand of touch up paint to him as the self repairs to the rear and above today's incident look far worse than the spec of red. Grey, silver, who gives an E36M3 apparently.

That's actually just a reflection

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
2/15/16 5:50 p.m.

I don't think this was a common sense issue, I think it was he was a berkeleying shiny happy person that didn't get his ass beat enough as a child by his folks.

Beer Baron
Beer Baron UltimaDork
2/15/16 5:56 p.m.

I had the inverse situation this weekend. Minor dent on my van in parking lot. Pretty typical "E36 M3 happens" no-big-deal. I just wanted a good natured apology.

Instead, other car notices they opened their doors too hard, hurries away before I can walk up, looks back at me grinning as they drive away. Except we're in a parking garage and I'm next to the stairs, so I beat them to the exit and very politely say, "Pardon me, but you dented my car." They acted shocked, appalled, and defensive. Refused to believe they could possibly have dented my car.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
2/15/16 6:03 p.m.

Seriously. If you want PM me his address and I'll mail these to him so he doesn't end up on your doorstep.

On second thought, the gesture may be lost on him. He'd probably just take them inside and eat them.

RealMiniParker wrote: You have his address, right?
SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
2/15/16 6:51 p.m.

I cut a truck nearly in half with a forklift 2 weeks ago. Police didn't even write a report.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
2/15/16 7:05 p.m.
Beer Baron wrote: I had the inverse situation this weekend. Minor dent on my van in parking lot. Pretty typical "E36 M3 happens" no-big-deal. I just wanted a good natured apology. Instead, other car notices they opened their doors too hard, hurries away before I can walk up, looks back at me grinning as they drive away. Except we're in a parking garage and I'm next to the stairs, so I beat them to the exit and very politely say, "Pardon me, but you dented my car." They acted shocked, appalled, and defensive. Refused to believe they could possibly have dented my car.

we pulled in to a spot at a restaurant and i was in the passenger seat, getting the kid ready to go out in the cold. person pulls in next to us and slams her door into my car and walks away. i got out and said "thanks for denting my car" and she goes "i did not" - my wife jumped in and the woman gets all "stop accusing me of lying i didnt hit your car" - all i wanted was the same - a genuine apology, not lying about it when i was sitting in the car when you did it.

at that point i was pissed off so i was not going in to eat at the same place as this B, so i returned the favor to her car with my boot and left. i hate liars.

Toyman01
2/15/16 7:11 p.m.
patgizz wrote:
Beer Baron wrote: I had the inverse situation this weekend. Minor dent on my van in parking lot. Pretty typical "E36 M3 happens" no-big-deal. I just wanted a good natured apology. Instead, other car notices they opened their doors too hard, hurries away before I can walk up, looks back at me grinning as they drive away. Except we're in a parking garage and I'm next to the stairs, so I beat them to the exit and very politely say, "Pardon me, but you dented my car." They acted shocked, appalled, and defensive. Refused to believe they could possibly have dented my car.
we pulled in to a spot at a restaurant and i was in the passenger seat, getting the kid ready to go out in the cold. person pulls in next to us and slams her door into my car and walks away. i got out and said "thanks for denting my car" and she goes "i did not" - my wife jumped in and the woman gets all "stop accusing me of lying i didnt hit your car" - all i wanted was the same - a genuine apology, not lying about it when i was sitting in the car when you did it. at that point i was pissed off so i was not going in to eat at the same place as this B, so i returned the favor to her car with my boot and left. i hate liars.

I had one of those once. I had just painted my 1978 2 door Delta 88. They opened theirs hard enough that it bounced. Got mouthy when I said something so I returned the favor. If you are familiar with the 88s of that vintage, the doors were a good 4' long and probably weighed in at 250#. I might have been a little pissed when I opened my door, because it caved in the entire side of their junker. No other words were exchanged and they left the parking lot in a hurry.

Ahh to be young and not have a care in the world...

Toyman01
2/15/16 7:12 p.m.
SVreX wrote: I cut a truck nearly in half with a forklift 2 weeks ago. Police didn't even write a report.

You can't make a post like that without a story and pictures. It's against the rules.

Spoolpigeon
Spoolpigeon UberDork
2/15/16 7:25 p.m.

A couple followed my GF home the other night to yell at her about driving too fast on the interstate. We called the cops and they got a warning for criminal trespassing. The sheriff ripped them for following someone home late at night, and that they should have called to cops and let them handle the complaint. Some folks just don't have good thought processes.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JrLnPR14AWxOyCVgDd8574BhXGwLEh2CkAn1GmaileC8D6fW6zirtn9xiFeipIlh